Believing dreams when you wake up

My dreams are usually way too impossible for me to ever get them mixed up with real life, but there was one time when I woke up thinking I had a huge maths assignment due that day and I hadn’t done any work on it. I was horribly freaked out for a whole minute before I finally realised it was Saturday and I couldn’t possibly have anything due!

iv done that b 4 too

i woke up thinking that i had forgotten to do a book report for english and i got on my computer to do it then i realized ti was a dream

happened for me too when i was kid, sometimes woke up from nightmare (giant marble balls rolling behind me and i was running) and when i woke up i was like, damn, i cant sleep nomore, those balls are too scary >.<…

quite annoing when that happened…

The only time that happens to me is when I form a deep bond with a female I’m infatuated with then wake up to have my heart broken…

Heh, ive had plenty of dreams like that, one in particular i remember is where i had lots of chocolate and sweets on my room and i woke up hungry and was looking for them for what mustve been 20 minutes!! :happy:

The dissappointment was terrible :cry: :cry: :cry:

hah, its good to know im not alone…i was starting to think i had some kind of psychological problem or something :tongue:

:lol:

The worst thing that happened to me was this:

[ND]It was around 2:30, and I had just gotten home from school. I was REALLY tired, and looking forward to the long weekend to get some well earned sleep.[/ND]

Waking up from that, I then realized that it was Friday morning and had to go through a whole 'nother day before I could get to bed. :cry: (yes, I was tired in the dream and when I woke up) You have no idea how depressing that was… :sad:

you think thats bad…try dreaming an ENTIRE day of school…every single boring minute of every single boring class then waking up and having to do it again because it was a dream…horrible

ohhhhhhh i have had dreams like that! like it was christmas holidays or something then i wake up and its october! :sad:

LOL! That’s incredible! I didn’t think one could believe that the dream was real when waking up. :lol:
I’ll try and remember if I’ve had such dreams.

i dont think (in my situation) that i thought a dream was real…i think that my brain had not fully woken up yet and i was still thinking dream logic because i dont remember having a dream about my bed blowing up

Such things never happenned to me after waking up but sometimes during the day I start thinking about something and can’t decide if it just happened in a dream i have forgotten or in RL.

One freaky thing that happened recently was that I had a dream about my friend whose face looked differently. All day today I kept trying to sneak a peek at him, making a mental imprint for the future. :content:

I had something like this, when I woke up after about ten minutes of worrying I noticed It was Summer and I had about a month left unil school would even a start.

I have this memory of my parents promising to take me to disney world when I was younger. I never worked out if it was a dream or not, although we did go eventually.

Today I was really tired because I woke up at 7am (I’m more of a night person) So I decided to have a nap at about 7pm. I think I had HI and I opened my eyes because I was convinced all this stuff was hanging from the ceiling. I still saw it for a few seconds before it faded away.

This rarely happens to me in any way big enough for me to remember it, but I do remember it happening once when I was pretty little. I dreamed a turtle came into my room and told me it was Christmas.

I’m sure it was about December 5th when I woke up. Oh well. :wink:

It happened to me today!! In my dream my dad came home and took my mum to the hospital, and when i woke up she had gone out n i thought shes at the hospital, so i asked my brother were she was and he said the hospital!! :neutral: Strange or just coinsidence? Only thing is she got the bus my dad was at work :tongue:

Same thing happens to me. I’ll dream that a huge assignment is due that day, and then usually I’ll have a FA and be like, oh its actually due tomorrow, but I still haven’t started it, and then I’ll really wake up and start researching the vikings or something, and realize its actually late december in college, so there is nothing due.

adg12012, I hate to laugh but that is funny. This happened to me a little over a week ago w/ a dream I was having of my b/f’s brother. I sat up in be and yelled putting my hands up stopping something that was going to hurt him. I sat there and realized what I was doing and went to bed feeling stupid.

Now, I just laugh at myself. I can understand the feeling of discomfort.

I feel like my brain is permantely like that (well, long term anyways) from all of the drugs ive done. I always seem to be half asleep and not thinking clearly.

Ive had dreams where ive woken up and believed that my dream was real for a while or tried to figure out if what i experienced was real, but Ive never taken action with it (run around house unplugging everything lol)