Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

New Technique!

Author  Message 
Larry Boy
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

I tried to do a reality check every time I saw green, but the thing is that green is everywhere, so I ended up doing RCs nonstop. Every time I had finished the RC and looked up again, I had to do it again, and again. Nonstop. Obviously it didn't work out in the long run, because I had to focus on other things also.

How do you do to get round this problem? If you see the same green thing twice (just after you RCd that thing, that is) do yo do a RC again?

I just can't do RCs nonstop. Should I change from green to something else or should I just do a RC once for each green thing?

Sureal
Wait, where am I?
cookie lover

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

Fadem wrote:
Basilus West wrote:
Quote:
U mean, in ur dream when u shut ur nose, u can;t actually breathe IRL?! that's frigging scary @_@!

LOL! Just the opposite! In dreams, you can breathe through your plugged nose! lach2 I have about 90% good results with this RC.

Surreal: "After that is the nose breathing one (which I use if there is no clock) which works roughly 50% of the time."

I was thinking like... how come it doesn't work... In a dream u can always breath through ur nose. My reasoning was; if it fails, u can't breath through ur nose, nor do u breath IRL. XP

I guess either I hold my breath in RL too (unlikely) or else my sub-c just makes it feel like I'm not breathing - when IRL, I am (which is more likely IMO).

Redifin
One Strange Dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: 33

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

green is too hard. that's why. There's too many "greens." RC at Red. There's only 1 red, othere than that it's marroon and pink. Yes red is the best.

Current LD goal(s): I want to get better DR and have LDs again..it's been so long!
Cairn
Resident Lunatic
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 19 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

For some strange reason red must be much more common where I live than where you live because I would much rather do green, even though I have been trying to breath through my nose while plugged so much that a small amount of air often leaks through my tears ducts, I was confusing the first couple of times it happened, but I figured out what was going on pretty quickly.

fishmael
Contemporary Convict
Novice dreamer

Hmmm
PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

This RC looks interesting. I don't think I'll use green though. Perhaps you could use the sky or the sun though, because it's always there, but not neccessarily in your line of vision.

Now, how many people did a RC while reading my post? smile

nemesis
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

Redimin, I thinks it's a damn good idea. I'm going to "go LaBerge" on dream experimentaion. I'll write down every detail of my dreams for like a week and see what the most recurring (but common IRL, of course) thing is, and do that as my topic.
Anyway, congratulations on the technique. It sounds promising. smile

Cairn
Resident Lunatic
Somniologist

Re: Hmmm
PostPosted: Sat 23 Jul, 2005  Reply with quote

fishmael wrote:
Now, how many people did a RC while reading my post? smile

I did

This worked for me, I think, I did an RC in a dream but I don't know if this was the trigger because I can only remember what happened while I was lucid, which wasn't long.

5-MeO
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 28 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

Yes this is a good tek!

I did it by mistake because I read about RCs and thought you were supposed to do them all the time during the day and so that is what I did. Very first day I had a real good(for me) lucid dream. Was controlable and everything.

But I just did the RC's when ever I thought about it not based on seeing one thing so perhaps about 5 an hour

niksa
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Pancra85 wrote:
hey, but it's a great idea, instead of doing RC everytime something odd happens (it's hard to see odd things in dreams) you do it everytime you see a common thing.
Anyway, I'm not going to try this, it's a lot of work...I am trying the "move your fingers" tecnique now(don remember the name, it was the name of the creator).

where I can find more about "move your fingers" tecnique?

Wolf
Pshy psh psh...
just the colored stars
Wolf has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 183+

I was wondering that as well, I'm not sure which one he means. Instead of a color, I've been doing a WHOLE bunch when I'm on LD4all, since I'm on here all the time. It's good to do it everytime I click on a topic, since that will make me do at least 20000 a day. tounge2 Imagine how hard that was yesterday on my 120 post spree.

Hehe, I was planning on doing green, but I saw that fishmael had beaten me to it. Might as well go with second best. A few probably found this annoy- *ahem* - helpful. grin

darklegion

PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

Why are people getting confused over this? Just pick something that you see often but not so often that you are constantly doing a RC.I'm sure that doing a RC 24/7 will help with LDing but it seems totally unneccasary in my view.Just do it often enough that it becomes a common thing to do.

Pancra85
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 29 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

niksa wrote:
Pancra85 wrote:
hey, but it's a great idea, instead of doing RC everytime something odd happens (it's hard to see odd things in dreams) you do it everytime you see a common thing.
Anyway, I'm not going to try this, it's a lot of work...I am trying the "move your fingers" tecnique now(don remember the name, it was the name of the creator).

where I can find more about "move your fingers" tecnique?

It's called the Hargart's Induction Technique here is the topic: http://forum.ld4all.com/viewtopic.php?t=7446&start=0
I'll send you a PM anyway

Zataod
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

I think as long as you don't drive yourself crazy, there is nothing wrong with doing RC's many times throughout the day. Using something common is good, because it keeps your mind on doing RC's. The key is to do enough so that it becomes part of your regular thinking. If you are used to questioning your state of reality, then it is likely to happen in the dream state. I've been using text as an RC's. Constantly re-reading text to see if it changes.

Petter
Suddenly Around!
cookie lover
LD count: 5ish

PostPosted: Fri 09 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

I started to do some kid of this wihout reading this!
I`ve been rcing every time I eat , `cos in my first 4 dreams I wrote down i ate (thats when i started with it).
But I`ve of some reason stopped eating in dreanms grrr

Cid Silverwing
Paladin of The Light
cookie lover

PostPosted: Fri 09 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Your dreams seems to be trying to elude you. Just keep incubating Dreamsigns (DS) and you'll make it. smile

print