How did you get here?

i was readin an article on drewaming at www.howstuffworks.com and then it mention lucid dreaming, i typed in on google and here i am :smile:

how did i get here?..well when a man meets a women…damn i just scrolled up and notices that SIY Stole my joke…

It seems that a lot of people here are receiving subliminal message from aliens…

[color=green]I got here from a link on another site. I was looking through these forums for a video game still in development, (the Matrix Online, in case you were wondering) and there was this one topic about dreams. In the topic they kept talkin about the dream where Neo is sitting at his computer then the text “Follow the white rabbit” scrolls across his screen and well yea you know what happened. So they were all talking about if anybody else has had similar expeirences and someguy left this reeeaaaallly long post about the dream he had and yea it had a link to this site.

And oh yea i also used to go to GameFaqs like some other ppl here but holy hell those forums are full of a bunch stupid morons everyone is flaming each other about trolling “omg GCN iS t3h SuKc! PS2 PwnZ0Rz SexboX!!!11!!one!” Thats why i like LD4all cuz everyone is just so damn nice here![/color]

I was semi-interested in lucid dreams sometime in 2003 and I came across this site via Google, I think. I did’t really get anywhere with LDing and just stopped trying and forgot all about it. It was only a couple months ago that I started to take a serious interest in LDs again, and I remembering this site, it was one of the first places I went to for info. (And it’s worked; I’ve had at least 5 LDs so far in the last few months!)

There had been a lot of talk about Lucid Dreams on another forum I often visit. People were talking about it and how good it was so I searched google. I checked a few sites out and I eventually found LD4all. It was the best of the sites so I found the forum and signed up. a few days later I clicked the link to this topic which led me, quite inevitably to where I am now, sitting at my computer, writing a reply.

I was actually on google searching for Mayan Kin information and stumbled upon this Lucid Dreaming Forum!! Twas actually kind of an omen to get started on LD.

well… i had my own forum, LD4none,
it was going very poorly until one day one of my three members gave me a link to this site!

not to sure what happened to my other forum… oh well

X

I was on a forum with a tread about dreams. I was interested in dreams so I decided to read it from the beginning. On one of the first pages they talked about lucid dreams, one of the members was also member by the dutch ld4allforum. I decided to go there and have a look. I immediately became a member. (but forgot my password and typed my e-mailadres wrong :ack: ) A few days later I became a member again (on the dutch forum) More then a month later I decided to join this forum too. I didn’t post much because this forum was so big and I didn’t have a lot of time. But in the vacation I came back and now I don’t want to leave anymore…

[color=green]Hi

A link from another site did it for me. I think it was something like wikipedia and it had techniques in it. But i didnt click the link at first becoz it had a number in its name. I thought its some bogus link that bugs u about free ipod or something loll. But when i did, i was glad. I stayed out of the forums for a quite long time. Then one day i had a question and i signed up here. (the question was that i couldnt keep my eyes closed :razz: )Im glad i joined in here :smile:[/color]

Believe it or not I didn’t even realise LD existed till a couple of months ago!
I discovered this site completely by chance. Being interested in dreams- one day I was looking on a dream site, looking for dreams based around love, as I had just had a really powerful love dream and wanted to know if anyone else had anything similar. :confused:

This is not like me- usually i’d just think “oh it was only a dream” and not bother- but this dream felt stronger and more vivid than anything i’d ever expierienced.

So one day whilst browsing thru the entries I saw one which said “my lucid experience”.
Fascinated by the concept of dream control and inspired by my own dreams, I found a site with pages taken from Stephan Leberge’s books, reading thru them, gave me more insite and i found myself even more intrigued … Eventually I found the best and only real LD site on the web… LD4All of course! :grin:

So you could say the rest is history- but it ain’t history yet, cos i’m learning new things all the time and if anything my interest is just increasing with everyday on the forum! :content:

Post your LD discovery and when you made it to LD4All! :wink:

I got it from a forum (non ld) i was member of.
Thought it would be funny and tried in about a month (totally doing it wrong with wild without dj or wbtb )
But i stopped.
But luckily i almost fell asleep consiouss listning to music without trying to wild and that scared me in here !

I heard of LDs whilst reading a howstuffworks.com article about dreams (was a featured article on their homepage at the time), and I read about lucid dreaming there.

Googled, and found a lot of sites to help me.

Cant remember exactly how I got here, google probably helped me again, yet I know that the aliens have something to do with this…

Well i remember that after seeing Vanilla Sky my curiousity for dreams increased. Some weeks after i saw it for the second time i decided to search on the internet for info, i came across OBEs and dreams.
At first i was focusing more on OBEs whereas in dream i wasn’t. That was in december last year, then the next month(jan) i started on dreams, while searching on yahoo (searching lucid dreaming) i came across this wonderful site.

I was searching through the GameFAQ’s Paranormal and Conspiricy board where I found a topic about LD’ing. I decided to find out more and asked for a good site and this was the best one there.

Somebody mentioned it on the darren shan website, in the forum on there. I am using the same username as i did on those forums, I actually LD all the time! I don’t remember any dreams i haven’t gone lucid in.

It’s bpth a friend mentioning it and a magazine i’ve read but that’s a long time ago-couple of years-.I decided it when i remembered it the previously day i registered and thought that i always wanted to have a LD but never tried much.Except it i also liked to remember my dreamswhatever they are and i think i have managed a bit.So it’s both the options but i voted that a friend of mine told me.

I found this magnificent site on a google search engine, your forums are the best, and the rest aint good enough.
so easy to use and well entertaining, Im going to promote your website to everyone I know who’s intrested in exploring the uknown world of the night and what secrets it holds

Kind of a weird story but about 4 years ago my friends and I used the meddle a little in the occult but I side-tracked into the region of meditation, which led to reading about OBEs. Then that went to the back of my mind.
For about a month now I’ve been reading about anything and everything on Wikipedia, and about a week ago I decided to type in “OBE”, so I read what was there and it had “See also: Lucid Dreaming”, so I clicked and read, and there was a link to LD4All. And now here I am… n.n

Hehe, I was trying to figure out how a router worked (see the connection… You Don’t !? CRETIN!!) on howstuffworks and they had an article on dreams, inside that was a mention of lucid dreams, inside that was a link to lucidity institute I read a bit in that, but eventually out it in the too hard basket (lucidity institute isn’t very begginer friendly) a couple of months later I decided to look it up again, I found Lucid Crossroads, followed another link trail and eventually found this site. (YAY!!)