*gurgle gurgle gurlge*

gurgle gurgle gurgle is justa bout all i could say…

when i was a young child, i went to a swimming pool with my family, upon seeing the pool, i ran and jumped in right off into the water.
I was all of four or so years at the time, and this was the deep end of the pool i had jumped into.
I always had the memmory of looking around in the water, a slight feeling of panick, and then seeing my father jumping in and lifting me out of the water…
i thought nothing more of it.

last night, for some reason i was thinking of this incident.
it comes as slightly strange that i had never noticed something before…
i could see myself looking around, i could see my father jumping in and lifting me out of the water.
i remember with perfect clarity, seeing myself from a third person perspective, i always have remembered it that way, it didnt click until last night that something was out of place.

has anybody else had expiriences like this?
any ideas?

X

yes, i have an experience like that.
and explanation… i think you went out of your body on that occasion.

When I was studying I did a tv project with a classmate. We went filming in Amsterdam. I was filming a little alley when somebody entered it. He gestured he didn’t want to be filmed (covered his head etc) but kept on walking towards me. I kept filming. When he passed me, out of instinct i followed him with the camera.

the next part i remember from 3rd person view, i was beaten up by this guy. Then I’m back in myself again and hear the yelling of my classmate. It attracted two policemen who were having lunch close by. The guy was arrested and I went with them to take a statement.

My classmate said he bashed me in the head with his fist, i couldn’t remember. When I tried to remember, I only saw it from above.

My theory is that if you feel in terrible danger you will leave your body, and come back when it’s safe again.

That’s pretty freaky. I can’t think of anything similar happening to me like that.

do you think you both did that to avoid the trauma? B/c if you unconsciously did that, I thinks it’s incredible. But then again I wonder if it’s the minds secret defense.

well, i had a trauma afterwards, for some time i didn’t dare to go alone on the streets in the dark.

I think it is some kind of inbuilt mechanism.

OMG,that is horrible, Q and X! I’ve only heard about stuff like that before. I’ve never experienced it. I have, a couple of times, totally blacked out in the middle of a traumatic incidence. I have no recall of it at all but just signs that something happened or people talking about stuff to me that I can’t remember being present for at all. Without any kind of chemical being involved.

I’d like to leave my body before drowning or undergoing something painful. That would be pimp. Anyway, in many NDE reports I’ve read, the subjects 99% of the time leave their bodies before the accident/other damage and see their bodies lying there.

Yeah I experienced something like that too. At one day when I was about 1 or 2 years old, I was peacefully asleep in my crib. At that moment, an uncle came by to see me. He has this huge dark moustache and wild black hair. He saw me sleeping, came closer, bent over the crib with his eyes fixed upon me sleeping there. And at that moment I woke up. The first thing I saw were these two big eyes staring at me only a few inches away. But the moustache really made me freak out completely. I was so completely shocked and scared I kept crying and crying, on and on. Lol I think I was not the only one who was shocked :wink: But nowadays I seem to remember that first moment when I woke up from a third person perspective. But only for a very brief moment. It’s very strange actually, because until now I never really noticed it… It’s one of my earliest memories but still very clearly imprinted in my memory.

I often experienced that when I was a kid. I kept on having it so often that I always wake up being stuck in 3rd perspective and my own… It was a quite sickening feeling! Couldn’t figure it out… Often had that when I was abused too. I got used to it in fact… And I drowned once… This time I wasn’t out in 3rd perspective… But I remember I was surrounded in white light and I looked up… There was a glowy hand reaching me… Then the next thing I knew was that I somehow got to the surface and I took a big gasp for air. Nobody noticed… And I was shaking from the experience. It was so bizarre.

My simple wish is when I die, I want to leave before I do. :smile: wouldn’t you want that too?

idk, the physical sensations of death, if any are something i would like to expirience before i leave the mortal coil.

Oh not me, I can do without feeling my heart stopping and the air leaving my body. I want to be as far away as possible for that!

I thought it was perfectly normal to have memories like this… I always have. But then again I tend to think differently than most people. For instance, I can see myself in my head right now, typing at my comp, like an OBE. Almost all of my memories (if not every single one) are like that as well.

I must be the freak then, huh? (but you already knew that :content: )

It’s not actually too unusual for you to think about past memories in the third person. Some people do it all the time.

I suppose it’s like with dreams - some people have lots of dreams in the third person. Some (like me) have only the occasional one in third person.

The harder it is to recall the memory (eg. with age) the more likely you are to picture it happening in the third person.

For example - when I was little I found a Tiger cuddley toy in the kitchin, picked it up and walked into the dining room.

I can not actually picture that any more (too long ago) so when I think back to it I automatically recreate it from a third person view.