Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

The BIG Suneye Topic - part II

Author  Message 
nemesis
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 06 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

The link to part one ain't working so I was wondering if anybody could post here what the Sun Eye tech is? It woul be appreciated.

SeparateEntity
Usually @ Dreamviews

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

Quote:
Prerequisites: You would do this method on a night that you can sleep for about 8-9 hours.

1) Set your clock alarm to waken you after 6 hours of sleep.

2) Do this when first going to sleep: as you lie in bed with your eyes closed, roll them up as if you were trying to look at a spot in the center of your forehead. (It may help you to focus if you first place your finger on your forehead at that spot and try to look at it with your eyes open. Once your eyes are in position, you can close them while holding that position. Try not to strain your eyes too much.)

3) While looking at this spot, (your "Third Eye") tell yourself: "The next time I'm dreaming, I want to remember I'm dreaming." (Or something along these lines.)

4) Continue to focus upon your Third Eye and repeat your affirmation.

5) If you catch yourself allowing your eyes to relax, return them to the correct position each time until you actually fall asleep. (If you are a person who finds it difficult to go to sleep, just do this process for three minutes and then let it go.)

6) When your clock alarm sounds, wake up, get up and read something about Lucid dreaming for about 60 minutes. Make sure you do not fall asleep or start daydreaming. Don't let your mind focus upon other concerns, keep in on your goal of Lucid dreaming.

7) After 60 minutes, return to bed and focus upon your Third Eye again and repeat the affirmation again. This time do it for three minutes only then let yourself fall asleep.

The documentation says that you will "probably" either "wake up paralyzed which you will then need to make yourself get out of your body," (sic) or find yourself in a "highly lucid dream" and then "wake up paralyzed, which can use for Out of body experience," (sic) or experience a "false awakening which you can use to create lucid dream!!" (sic)

There is also a note that after the second day of trying this technique you might start experiencing headaches. These are attributed to using the muscles of your eyes in a new way. The author suggests that this will not harm your eyes as Third Eye focusing has been used for many centuries by "Yogis and Buddhist monks."

I haven't actually tried it yet, but I will tonight. Lucid dreaming, here we come. smile

Amethyst Star
DV Mod LD4ALL Visitor
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

I find this interesting because when I was younger (I don't remember why), I would focus on a spot in between my eyes. I'd simply touch the skin and focus on the feeling and so now I can, usually, bring up that feeling at will. Am I supposed to actually move my eyes to that spot, though? I also often get that feeling right after a shower or swimming (after the skin has been wet for a time). Not sure why...

-Amé

SeparateEntity
Usually @ Dreamviews

PostPosted: Tue 08 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

Well, after trying it for the first time, I think I may have been successful. 8D

When I went to bed at around 1:00, I laid down and focused on the 'third eye' and told myself that I wanted to remember my dreams. I found it hard as I didn't know whether my eyes were actually focused on the third eye. I did this a few times before going to sleep. When I woke up at about 7:00, I remembered TWO vivid NDs. I stayed up for one hour, a lot of the time trying to get my brother up for work. The rest of the time I spent thinking about how much I want a lucid dream. I went back to bed at 8:15, as the house was empty. I couldn't sleep for a while, and I woke up at about 9:00 annoyed that I didn't LD. I tried one last time, and then I went to sleep, and had another two dreams in the space of one hour, one of them being half-lucid! I was in a room with mirrors on every wall, and I walked up to every mirror, trying to change my hairstyle at will. I think I woke up into my next ND.

I'm gonna try it again. Maybe if I had more time on my hands I could become fully lucid. smile

panik100
The Nightmare Killer
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 09 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

nemesis wrote:
The link to part one ain't working so I was wondering if anybody could post here what the Sun Eye tech is? It woul be appreciated.

http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1696&high light=suneye+method

JaRoD
LD Addict :P
cookie lover
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Sun 13 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

FiXato posted a link to download the suneye file a few pages back, but it's hard to see it. So I'm posting it again grin

http://downloads.fixato.co.uk/dreaming/SUNEYE%20Metho d.zip

FiXato
(mobile) IRC-Addict
Astral Explorer
LD count: 6

PostPosted: Fri 18 Feb, 2005  Reply with quote

plus, I suggest you DO NOT sign up for the yahoo group... it is getting flooded by a spambot..
I've been getting all these 'Dating-website' emails from the SuneyeGuy groupmailinglist...so I left the yahoo group...

niksa
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

Where to find Method 2?

Thanks.

renko
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

IVe been readin this stuff and its real exciting and all, but the third eye medatation thing, Ive been doin that every night for as long as I can remember. It helps me get to sleep. I had no Idea it was helpfull for this kinda thing. So I already got one part of the technique mastered.

Tride
Just a dream
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

I need to try this method again. When I was first trying it a couple of years ago I had some success, then it suddenly stopped producing any results. And where is Method II? Wherever I originally got the other files from didn't have it.

Quote:
http://downloads.fixato.co.uk/dreaming/SUNEYE%20Metho d.zip

By Jove, that's the zip file I made two years ago. The "Quick Note" file in there is totally useless. I don't know why I included it.

niksa
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

mystic
Dream Templar
LD4all addict

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

niksa wrote:
Where should I look for "Third eye"?

http://where2look.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?ful l=1&set_albumName=album01&id=where2look

Heh nice pic grin Though the actual center of the Third Eye is connected with a gland in the middle of your head, you have to concentrate on the point a little bit higher than the spot exactly between your eyebrows; furthermore don't concentrate on the skin, but a little bit beneath it. On your pic the right spot would be between 4 and 6 but a little more towards the eye. But you'll usually feel the right spot on your own, when you concentrate on the area for some time smile

Dennis
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Very interesting, I'll certainly try this method, since I really want to learn WILD.

Thanks for the info!

Dennis

Keys and Clocks
Curious Creator
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Oooooh.... I'll try this tommorrow

Keys and Clocks
Curious Creator
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 05 Sep, 2005  Reply with quote

Wait, where do I download the full method? with the relax file and overcoming fears file? *blinks* The website isn't working soooooo.... could someone e-mai it to me? SamE5@aol.com

print