Hargart's Induction Technique Log (HILD)

No success last night, but I’m trying again tonight. I don’t know exactly what, but I think I did something wrong. The rules have been read over again, so I’m doing it step by step tonight just in case. Rome wasn’t built in a day, you know. I’ll get it eventually. :cool:

I tried WILD, MILD, HILD, and the “mental scream method” but i havent had any luck yet. Im currently just trying to do RCs a lot during the day so i eventually do one while im dreaming.

SteEvE,

How long have you been trying these methods?

My experience is that lucid dreams can at times be quite elusive, and that it takes a comittment over a long period of time to insure they will come with any regularity.

:peek: about a week :wink:

How long should i try for each tech.?

A week is not a long time in terms of seeing results. Hopefully, you are remembering around 2 dreams a morning, noting some of your common dream signs, and doing lots of RC’s.

I’m not sure there is a good answer in terms of how long to try a particular technique. I would start making sure you have the pre-requisits down first. Jumping to an induction technique without first having excellent dream recall, knowing your dream signs, and doing lots of RC’s, will result in poor results.

There is also a page here which lists the types of techniques that work best for different kind of people. That is worth spending the time to read.

Zataod is right. You should try a technique for more than a week.

You know you’re gifted in WILD if strange things occurs in your first tries (hypnagogic hallucinations). If nothing doesn’t appear, you probably have to practice a lot before reaching lucidity with WILD.

With autosuggestion techniques (MILD, “finding your hands” technique) and RC’s, a good sign of your progress is having prelucid dreams: they are dreams about dreams, lucidity, lucid stuff, etc. The more you have them, the more you’re near to a LD. The average time in order to have your first LD with these techniques is about 3 weeks.

Well I am currently in the search for a reliable method and have had succes with VILD. But last night I tried HILD so I woke up after 4 hours of sleep or so and after walking across the room to turn off my alarm which is on my tv I layed down and began doing the finger movement as explained. And within 10 minutes I found that I was still awake (or so I though) and I sat up in the bed and exclaimed “This dosnt work!”. And I looked down at my hand to do a RC which I find is a habit now, and saw that my index finger was flickering on and off. Which scared the living jesus out of me and I imediatly woke up after having my first FA. But I will be sure to try this method again tommorow its just that i never had a RC turn out like that where my index finger was going invisible and reapearing. hehe

I cant tell how good my dream recall is. Sometimes i remember 2 dreams a night, sometimes 4, and sometimes none…

No success last night, it ended up being a lot harder than it sounded. My mind likes to wander too much I think… well, I’ll keep trying. :smile:

Last night I was planning on trying this tech. again, and maybe a little bit of MILD. I set my alarm for 3:00, but when I woke up this morning I had no memory of waking up at 3 or turning off my alarm…?? my alarm was set for 3, i dont know what happend…

Perhaps have you turned your alarm off without noticing it? :smile:

Probably, but ts not much use to me if i just turn it off and then go back to ssleep

The same thing happens to me Steve :smile:

it actually happens when i put my alarm too early (3-4 hours after going to sleep). Most of the time i dont remember my alarm vibrating or beeping, and i also dont remember switching it off.

However, this is not so bad, i’m sure with a few days of training and auto-suggestion i will be able to get awake enough to try the technique :smile: please tell me if you manage it yourself !

Also, i’d like to thank everyone for posting their own results, as some of them are very motivating !

Hey bluedreams
Im trying autosuggestion too…the first time i woke up within half an hour of my goal, the second time also worked. But the third time i tried to wake up at 3 but got up at 6:30

^ good to hear that autosuggestion is working for you too.

i tried again tonight.

Put the alarm 3,5 hours after falling asleep, thanks to auto-suggestion i managed to get awake enough to remember what i was doing. I tried the technique 4 times but it failed, i couldnt fall asleep :cry: maybe i was too awake (it was too warm in my bedroom too :grrr: )

I also found it quite hard not to concentrate on my objective (falling in a dream). Can anyone tell me on what else i could try and concentrate ?

i’ll try again tonight, with 4 hours of sleep before HILDing :content:

Is this close SP?
While I am doing MILD or WILD, after a while my arms and hands/fingers start to feel numb if i dont move them at all. However, if I try to i can move… is this what happens before SP?
EDIT: oops…wrong thread

For reasons that I cannot explain, I never saw the HILD topic during the years I lurk in this forum! And it seems I have found a great technique!!!

I tried it for the first time this noon, and I had 4 LDs which begun with FA’s on my bed. They were vivid and stable. Only bad news: the last FA was so convincing that I lost lucidity :sad:

Excellent technique. Bravo!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Alex C

Was it during a nap??