Trouble remembering dreams

Update:

I remembered one of my dreams last night. Hopefully I’m getting better at it! :grin:

edit: spelling

Yep, that’s your problem. :tongue:

I hope too! :happy:

Generally, when you wake up, the advice is given not to move in order to remember your dreams (what is rather difficult if you have an alarm clock! :colgate: ).
If you have to move, after you moved, you lay back in the same position in which you woke up.
You begin to remember your dream, then you take your DJ and pen, which are near your bed. Even if you don’t recall very well your dream, you write down what you remember.
If you don’t remember anything, you list random things which come to your mind. One of them may make you recall a fragment of your dream. If you recall a fragment, you build up your dream in the reverse order, from present to past, asking yourself what happened before.
If you still don’t remember anything after two minutes, don’t worry. It will be better next time.

Hope it can help! :smile:

I did lay back in my original position this morning, which actually did help me. I am sort of eager to go to sleep tonight so I can try and remember a dream.

For some reason, I feel like I know I’m going to remember my dream tonight. It’s a good feeling. :smile:

Aaaah having those flashback moments ?? Déja-vu ? Does it kinda strike you all of a sudden ?? And you think : WTF ??? I’ve already seen this !!!" Because I have those too :happy:

Not so much as Deja-vu, but more like, “where have I seen this, and why can’t I put my finger on it?”

And some final advice. When your laying on your bed after waking up. Start thinking simple things in your mind, like “a plain, a bike, a woman etc”. It has sometimes helped me first to get shards of dreams and then combine the shards in to dream scenarios.

Thanks, I’ll definately try it out. The other day, I couldn’t remember my dream, but I did remember a check for 300 dollars. Maybe that could have helped, who knows?
:smile:

One night I convinced myself that I would remember all my dreams. I woke up and remembered 6 of them, but I didn’t write them down right away so I forgot most of them.

Too bad, would have been one hell of a story. “Hey, I had an awesome dream…explains I had another awesome dream…”

I will see something and feel like I have seen it before

I have had exactly the same thing. some people call it dejavou (???!) lol. but i dont no what it is, it is a very strange sensatrion because you cant posibly rememebr something that had just happened :happy: any one got any answers?

Ive been searching around but i havnt found out what it is. the more…lets say firm believers in a scientific universe think that its when you are tired ans your brain transmits an image or event twice, and there fore you seem to remember it :confused: but think it could be something to do with psivhic, etc:D

Not so much as Deja-vu, but more like, “where have I seen this, and why can’t I put my finger on it?”

yhh that is dejavu isnt it? :smile:

me too, seems like most ppl have it sometimes

Hey
Is it possible to use autosuggestion to wake up at 3:00, to do WBTB+ MILD or WILD and more autosuggestion to wake up at 7:30 for school at the same time? Or is this too much

Steve you will only know when you try that a few times. I’d say it’s certainly possible.

Xetrov, how many times have you tried and succeeded with your spinning tech?

Somewhere between 50 and 75 times I think, succesrate is like 80% or so. I should so it more often even :razz:.

Re: lazybones

I also use the method where I prompt myself with simple words. The odds are if you said the right word you would see the dream fragment in your mind. But you can only do this before you start seeing real things, otherwise the associations get replaced.

After you have more entries in the dream journal, you can keep a list of things you frequently dream, so the next time you have no recall you have a hotter list to prompt.

good idea, problem is that i often don’t even remember flashes of my dreams:’(