the silver dollar

last night i had a dream. i had a new silver dollar i found in my van. it looked like gold but it wasn’t. i found it high vertically, like on the dash - and it looked like a quarter, but it was a little thicker. it looked very good to me…

then, for some reason in the dream, i started to look for something on the floor of the van. i thought that there was something more, and that i had to look for it, i didn’t know why, but just kept looking. looking for some reason basically, just a feeling.

right below where i found the first coin, under some garbage, on the floor of the van, i found an old silver dollar - it wasn’t silver, it was very big and had a president on it - eisnhower (sp?) i think.

at that point i didn’t wake up in the dream, and i really held onto the second coin i found, because, while it wasn’t as beautiful as the first coin i found, and while it was under garbage, it seemed to me at once very much more real.

i didn’t compare the coins side by side, i just liked the second one more than the first.

what was my dream telling me?

i think it was telling me, although your life may be going good at this point, and things are so beautiful (the first coin i found), there are things that you will hold onto (the second coin), that you will never want to let go of, even if it is buried under garbage, and you will find it, and you will find a place for it, and it will always be with you, and there is no way to change that.

you will always find yourself in every dream.

and i think dreams, if you really listen to them, let you open up to the whole of you. they let you see the sides of you that are hidden to yourself. maybe sides of yourself you don’t want to see, but that’s o.k…

coins have two sides - h & t. life has two states for someone that cares about dreams - waking life and dreaming.

thank you very much for this forum, because, i think the real path to healing is talking to other people, even if it’s on the other side of a computer.

no matter how smart or crazy or whatever we feel - we all need each other. we all need to feel connected to something. if it’s talking about dreaming, or if it’s about talking about whatever - then it’s whatever.

you can only be alone if you want to be…there are just too many people out there…

dreams are connections - the most personal connections - to
your past - to a grounded you, which is not just flying in the wind at this moment…and i’ve flown around alot in my lucid dreams, and i will never forget that. once i had a dream that never ended - i ran over rooftops for hours - i’ve been trying to remember what i ate or did before that dream, i’d love to have it again…

thank you LD4all - i think i’ll learn alot from you.

danny viper

yeah…what you said, or the dream could be crazy like normal dreams do.
I don’t know why everybody has to look for a conection between dreams and RL…

I always think of it like this… if you feel that the dream has a message for you, then it does.

There is no fixed meaning to anything - except the meaning we attach to it.