Best sleeping position for having Lds

Well i can wild in sitting up position to…so mm maybe it aint that important…Think the most important is your back, neck and head are in a straight line because of yoga and meditation knowledge.
Lding i do best on my back.
I think that we all have our own best position or some positions for wilding or lding :smile:

Dm7 nice to c you again :wink:

Jeff

Sometimes I get bad dream recall once in a while.I either sleep in a different position or sleep in a diffent place altogether.

Bingo! I think I made a theory now because I did replayed what I did last night. I ended up wilding and had several lucid dreams ON MY SIDE! I believe that, the position you’re sleeping in, plays a small factor in lucid dreaming, however, it can becomes a big factor somehow. For me, it’s playing a small factor right now… I don’t know how to prove this.

What I have found is a big factor for wilding and having Lucid Dreams are to follow your mind, let it wander. You will notice that your mind will become even more abstract. For me, I have noticed that I started to think of certain thing and everything starts to make sense… BOOM! The vibration comes and what I have thought of abstractly is totally forgetten. It’s almost like entering from a world full of thoughts into a world of blackness. Before entering the world of blackness… I feel that all solutions are at the surface in your mind. It happens to me, I was thinking of something and all of a sudden, I have found a breakthrough answer. Unfortunately, I forget them all.

Sorry if I’m getting off-topic here, but I have been experimenting with my sleeping positions and see if it is a factor in my WILDs so I thought I’d mention here.

P.S. Nice to see you too Jeff. :smile:

I had an LD. I woke up in the middle of the night and i remembered to lye on my back. But it was not confort, and i turned on my side. I slept ot an LD and woke up my stomach. I think that the intention was the key!
Write more.

Cya,

Side :cool:

2 nights ago… I ended up wilding on my back. I fell asleep on my side at first then I got uncomfortable while my mind was wandering so I slowly turned on my back. All of a sudden, I entered into a dreamworld. So, maybe the “comfortable” is a key factor here. I don’t know. Just thought you’d like to know. :smile:

i peronally can’t get to sleep on my back, but when dreaming my most vivid dreams come when i am on my back. weird but true lol.

Well, I remember reading that your right side (a lions resting posture and buddha’s death position) is the best to re-enter a dream and become lucid.
It works for me, but I wouldn’t ever limit myself to any one posture

I’m more comfortable sleeping on my side, but I tend to remember my dreams more easily and have lucid dreams more often if I sleep on my back.

hey!!

i remember a dream, where a voice told me to lay on my right side to have the best chances for a LD! you think i should follow this advice!
i never had a real LD yet!

:happy: Try David! And c what happens!
But try it for some weeks and not for some days or your experiment is to short on data.

Jeff

I find that the best way is to change positions whenever one of them becomes too comfortable for me(which is about once every few months),or else I might start having dream droughts.

Either way I almost always wake up on my back or side.

for me it seems that it’s when I change position durring the night when I have more chance of LDs and better recall - perhaps it’s more about your body being used to the old position and not the new one that keeps your awareness up for a small time longer? who knows :wink:

Yeah, that might be possible. Just be a bit discomfortable (not that discomfortable that you can’t even fall asleep), it might help you to render your consciousness a bit longer.

I either wake up on back or on side… and have lded in both positions… I can never recall sleeping on stomach though

I stopped the reality checks and the dream journal… Anyway, I LDed again, and I woke up on my back. This is the best position for me.

Cya,

Side :cool:

I sleep best on my side. The only bad party of this is my armm falls asleep. I plan on getting a tempur-pedic mattress soon it should help alot.

Whenever I have attempted WILD, I feel I have got closer when I have been on my side, simply because this feels like my natural sleeping position, so I become more relaxed.

If I try WILD on my back, I become too concious of the fact that I’m not in my normal sleeping position.

So I would say, use whatever position you normally use to sleep in, because you want your body to fall asleep, it’s your mind that you want to keep awake.

:smile:
Ed.

I’ve always slept on my back, but last night I tried sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees for the first time. I went to bed at 10pm and I woke up from a very long and detailed LD at 11:53pm !!! Not even 2 hrs had gone by! I’ve only had a few LDs and they’ve never been this real. Needless to say, I will now always sleep on my side to see how that affects me.

I read in a book a while back that the best sleeping position for a male is on his side and facing left (heart is up). For a female, she should be facing right (heart closer to the bed.) Maybe it was placebo from having read that, maybe not, but it’s worth a try everyone. :smile:

Everytime I have a lucid dream I was sleeping on my right side.
:yinyang:
The dream yoga book I have says that sleeping on that side (left side for women) is good for channeling positive energy through your body as you sleep.:sleep:

We may be talking about the same book, fdroy. What is yours called? I only skimmed through mine at Barnes and Noble but can’t seem to find it again.