Dream love

I’ve never fealt love towards a dream character. Or, not that I can remember.
…but there have been a lot of good looking dream girls.

Dream love is about equal with real love…neither is better than the other IMO. It is a great feeling…but it makes me feel like the Four Cups (in tarot). :spinning:lol:)

Theres a sick pain after waking up from one of those dreams like you’ve just lost your dog and you know he ain’t comin back.

to add abit there, I had a dream awhile back after seeing a foo fighters concert. the dream was my family having some type of BBQ in my backyard and half way thru, dave grohl and the foo came by and were all hugging my family as if they were a very welcome part of my family. they played acouple tunes and talked to me like I was there buddy. after waking up from that, I felt like I had reached a new level of obssesion with the foo.

I think it was last summer when I was listening to soothing and beautiful music before I fell asleep and I had a really long dream about some boy where I just hang out with him all the time (I don’t know if the music had anything to do with it). We had some kind of a deep connection and like tapir said, it was like a love you would have for a friend but it still felt so intense. I cried when I woke up because I felt so happy, though sad that it was suddenly over.

I remember a long time ago in a nightmare I had… It was actually my first LD. I was young, maybe 7, and stuck in a carnival with big kids who were bullying me around. It being my dream and all, I kept telling them to leave me alone so I could do what I wanted.

ANYWAY…

At one point I had someone hold my hand and an immense feeling of love overcame me. Absolute magic right there, and I haven’t felt it since. I REALLY want another dream like that.

Want to know the creepy part of it though? The person looked exactly like a friend of mine now…

It’s strange because in the love dream, I felt more alive than I have ever felt.

[color=green]Hi

When i was a kid, i had a dream that i remember clearly even today. I saw this girl in my dream. She was angelic like. And i saw i was getting married to her. And we were in love. Even now, there have been times when i have thought about that dream and cried coz i was so in love with this girl. :smile: [/color]

Yeah, ive experienced Dream Love a few times. When it’s with an unknown DC it just feels a little weird the first few hours after you’ve woken up, but after that - everything goes back to normal.

It becomes a little more complicated than that if you had a dream in which a person you know IRL is the one you’re in love with - especially if it’s mutual in the dream, but there’s no chemistry IRL! I felt a bit strange talking to that girl the following day.

All things pass, luckily. And my girlfriend doesn’t mind. :grin:

Oh because that was just such a long time ago?! :tongue:

I’ve had dream love too and I can completely understand where those that have spoken about how terrible it is to wake are coming from. It’s almost as if this DC brings out everything positive about you and you are so incredibly happy/euphoric that if you never have sex with it, it wouldn’t ruin the feelings.

Yeah, that’s the kind of feeling, like there is this complete lack of sexual feelings. That’s how I can see how one could have it towards a family member because it’s not the feeling I get when thinking about love and romance. Although I wish I could experience that during real love or romance. :smile:

No… you are way off on that part. The kind of dream love I’m talking about is about completion. Everything you lack is filled in and everything good about you grows enormously. Total satisfaction and bliss… not brotherly love. Ewwww.

yes, I once had a dream in which I loved this blue haired girl, and I had to watch her be executed. This was when I was very young, but it was the most powerful feeling of love I’ve ever felt…

I don’t know whether to be jealous of you guys or happy I’ve never experienced this. I haven’t had a dc around long enough for that, unless it was someone I had feelings for irl.

I have a persistent dream character for eight years now. It is wonderful to feel not alone in lucid dreams.

Ahaha, well I meant I can understand why other people can have that connection with a really good friend or family member, although for me it hasn’t really been like that.

You’re lucky, Estok. Wish I could have that… :sad:

Sometimes I get the couch:

880 - Sleeping bag
She was upset and cut her hair really short.
I hugged her.
She turned into a roll of white sleeping bag.

Once I dreamt of the perfect guy. Really, absolutely perfect. Well, except for the fact that he was gay, but that didn’t bother me. Maybe he was a bisexual… Anyways, he was extremely good-looking and very kind. I was sad when I woke up, as you have perhaps already guessed…

It does s*ck doesn’t astralfog. Whatever they were in our dreams the feelings/emotions don’t change.