The BIG WILD topic - Part XIV

Thanks!

I confronted a creature made from the stuff of nightmares while I was doing WILD.
I saw this very tall and skinny man with a black cloak and a white grinning carneval mask that had a nose that touched the floor. Even it’s finghers were like the white roots of an old oak, all twisted and long that touched the floor.
I estended a had to shake hands and it did the same,very slowly and I was very very tense.
Suddenly outside in the garden I heard a loud explosion, like that of a very loud firework or a bomb that would have broken the windows of my house if it hadn’t been an altered state of consciousness.
I woke up from the state truly freaked out!

I had another weird thing happen to me when trying to WILD. I was consentrating on relaxing and all that when I saw a dark figure at the foot of my bed(I had my eyes closed so I guess I was dreaming?). Then my bed started to shake violently. After that the figure moved over to the head of my bed. It looked like really old hunch back lady about 3-4 ft tall in a black cloak with a really long nose. And she had a crooked stick for a cane. Then she tilted her head to the side and kind of smiled. Then got scared and opened my eyes and everything was normal. It was very realistic.

[color=green]Hi RancidMilk

You might want to take a look at a topic called something like Evil female. Its a recent topic. But what you experianced is normal when a person is in SP. Altho, i wasnt in SP, i felt someone in my room was banging on my desk really hard a few times.[/color]

I wasn’t in SP, and I don’t even think I was dreaming as I saw everything with my mind’s eye.
Nevertheless it was a very close and tense thing.

Hey everyone !

Something funny (litteraly) happens when I practice WILD before going to bed : at one point (after a few cycles between awareness and drowsiness), I stop feeling my body, I have a slight free-fall sensation, and an intense euphoria grips me. Then I start smiling and giggling, and I can’t help it at all.
I wouldn’t call it SP though, because if I /want/ to move, I can. Then I become aware of my body again.
It’s not LD or FA either because I haven’t succeeded in falling asleep that way yet - and reality tests all fail.

Any similar experiences ?
Michael

hehehe
I wouldn’t want to change the experience if I were you.
Leave your wonderful WILD the way it is.
For LDs find an other technique.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

That sounds interesting! Do you do anything in particular to achieve that?

mmestre, i’ve definetly felt that “free-fall” feeling you described (without actually concentrating on falling…). The feeling has come on so suddenly and intensely before, that it would bring me right back to complete body awareness/consciousness. Its definetly not a bad feeling, i’m sure if I could not get all surprised, and hold onto that feeling, I could describe it as somewhat euphoric :smile: (hmm, or maybe that’s my happy feelings of knowing I’m so close to entering a dream hehe)

yeah i have had a similar experience before; i remember smiling and giggling lke you in one of my cases, i also experienced some kind of euphoria.

Siiw : no, nothing in particular. It’s just an attempt to WILD without WBTB. I haven’t tried to combine it with WBTB yet, when I wake up i’m too tired to concentrate on staying awake.
Maybe it’s the feeling that it’s almost working that makes me euphoric. Actually, i already experienced the exact same feeling in one particular situation : a few years back, sitting in my shrink’s office, and suddenly understanding something about my subconscious - and then it seemed to me that something painful had unlocked in my mind, the mental equivalent of a splinter removed from your body. Happened a couple of times.

Michael

I once had the freefall feeling and when I reached the bottom I found myself in my room, but it was as if the dream was not stable yet (all the object were comformed from a serie of lights). Pretty wierd…

A pitty I could’t stabilize the situation…

Hey, I don’t know if this has been asked before, but I’ve been trying to start up LD again(been trying off and on for the past year or 2) and I get the closest with WILD.

1. Is it common while you’re in sleep paralysis trying to WILD, that your muscles contract?(i.e. your arm flinches or leg kicks, etc)

2)How long on average does it take to enter a LD via WILD, especially for a beginner(Sometimes after about an hour or so if I get that far into it, I get a cramp or itch that has been driving me crazy so I decide to give up)

1. Yes, it’s called myoclonic jerks. There are some threads about that on the forum.
  2. If you have a cramp, it’s probably because your relaxation technique is not such good. About itching, it disappears with experience: you should try to continue a little when you feel it. It’s said to be far easier to have a WILD if you practice WBTB. You don’t have to wait so long.

I always have some problem when trying WILD. About ten or so minutes into it, I feel as if my body is turning into liquid or a really heavy gas, starting from my toes and fingers going up into my extremities until the only part that feels solid is my head. It also feels really tingly, and I can’t seem to move, or want to move.

But every time I reach this stage, I always get a really dry throat or an itch on my leg, and I can’t ignore it… I have to cough or scratch it… Is it possible to do a WILD after dealing with these problems, or is it better just to ignore it as best as you can?

I think it’s better to ignore it the best you can. If you focus on another thing, it tends to disappear. I don’t know where the problem comes from, but I know it’s the same when you begin to practice relaxation. When you are more experienced, this problem no more occurs.

The only problem i had so far is that i always wake up in the established hour BUT i always quit the counting while WILD’ing due to be extremely tired; is there any cure for that? will enhacement?

Will enhancement should work yes. Try to keep your focus. You can practice it during the day also: for instance try counting your breaths WITHOUT thinking about anything else. Let’s say, count to ten and then begin all over again. It’s more difficult than it might seem… our minds have the natural tendency to wander off if focusing too long. If you find yourself wandering off, start from one again. Do this day by day and it will strengthen your focus.

Well, there’s just one other problem: Saliva. Whenever I manage to finally relax I’ve got a big bucketload of saliva in my mouth and I just can’t help but swallow. It’s a reflex.

Yeah the saliva can be quite annoying… but I think the best method is not to think about it, at least not like “oh no the saliva is again collecting in my mouth. oh no!” Just try to keep relaxed and when you feel like you’re building up to the moment of swallowing, try to swallow it before that moment arrives. This way you can do it more slowly and controlled than when you wait until your mouth is full. While swallowing it, don’t pay too much attention to it but keep focused on your relaxed body, for instance by keeping focused on the image of falling down in an elevator… tell yourself that swallowing won’t stop you from falling down, from falling into a deeper relaxation. Tell yourself it won’t disturb you. You can do this also in the evening right before going to bed.
One other thing: the saliva problem usually disappears once you’re into a really deep relaxation and once SP appears.

Hope this helps :smile: