The BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic Part II

maybe you could use MILD instead.
I would like to use SP to have a LD but i have never had SP before

I dont know if there are any skeptics at this site but I have experienced this Old Hag Syndrome about 5 times in my life. I will go on record to say that it is very scary and the more you try to struggle to break free the worse it is. And sometimes even when you are able to move it still doesnt let go. The pain on the neck is horrendous. Previously I had never saw a “figure” in the room with me… not until the latest bout anyway. I came under SP in the middle of the night and I saw a “thing” materializing right in front of me. I closed my eyes and hoped it would go away, I opened them again and it was still their, still forming itself…, I didnt want to see it, I thought that this was it for me. When I am finally able to move everything returns to normal but it was worse than a nightmare because I was awake the whole time…

That sounds rough (and familiar). There’s a ton of stuff you can do to avoid getting and techniques for getting out of it once you get it. They usually include good sleep hygeine.
There’s loads of stuff on the internet about it, try these:

miqrogroove.com/writing/Slee … lysis.html

sciencenews.org/articles/20050709/bob9.asp

watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

how common is it because after the description I read I dont really want to do LD’s any more PLEASE HELP!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :neutral:

yeah, i would like to know too because that old hag thing sounds kind of traumatizing

It goes both ways, Some have had it others have not. I on the other hand seen her one time and only once. It wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be, but that’s me. :smile:

Something told me it wasn’t real, so i decided to trust that. It didn’t last long, only about 10 seconds. So I wouldn’t worry about it. In fact I know some people thay welcome it, and enjoy the experiance. :content:

hrm…I’m still kinda freaked out

Never had it myself, and I’ve always remembered dreams and stuff since I was little, so you might never even see anybody. :smile:

Every time I become lucid I see the Old Hag. It’s pretty scary, not traumatizing though. I suggest, if you ever see the Old Hag, to hug it, just hug, the hard part of this is getting over how scary it is, for me it’s usually just a dark figure, but yeah, hug it and try and become intimate with it. I know it sounds odd, but believe me, it works. It turns into something positive, and then maybe ask it for a gift as well because the gifts kick ass.

ok,if I ever have an LD and I see the Old Hag I’ll just huggle her oh,and ask for a gift(I hope the gift is 1mil chocolate chip cookies):smiley:

I have suffered rom SP my whole life, and believe me, you wouldn’t want to experience it. I don’t have the “old hag” - just the feeling of something evil in the room. Even though the logical part of my brain tells me it’s an SP attack, the terror which accompanies it is awful.

I hope you never have this experience.

Sue x

I’ve had sleep paralysis and old hag on sepurate occations.

Last night she struck. I was half asleep and half awake. It started as i lay down to sleep in my dream. I was starting to fall asleep when I found myself unable to move.

Dream SP :tongue: I was laying on mystomach and felt the pressence of a female aproaching, I felt weighed down on my back like someone was leaning or sat on me. The pressence scared me. At this point I began to wake up, then jump back into dream.

Slowly in the dream I was able to move my left arm down so the hand wasn’t under the pillow, then threw my arm back to hit out at whatever was on me. I did it with such force that the real me did the same waking me fully up in the proccess.

This morning I had my first real Old Hag experience! :happy: It was pretty haunting, but I liked it nevertheless:

If i find that the “hag” is scary I crush it with love! Either by blowing it a kiss or smiling at it. :love: Of course i can’t actually act them out because I am paralyzed but I picture and feel myself doing them. Now the “old hag” is no longer there but the other Night i woke up paralyzed and saw the guy of my dreams standing in my doorway. I think the “person” that visits you depends on your state of mind and ability to overcome with obstacles in life. I’ve tried to Just let the Sleep Paralysis pass but if i’m too awake then I can’t stand the noise, so i move my toes to wake up.

i mean, what is she? i don’t do WILD, so if that is all, i should be fine. tell me?

From my experience, when you awaken from sleep but your body is still paralyzed - your brain manufactures a situation where you experience total fear. I believe it originated from the belief that an old woman would sit on top of you if you felt you could not move. It’s a very scary thing to experience, but less so when you understand what it is that you’re experiencing. You don’t actually have to experience an old woman, I once woke up paralyzed and thought there was an malevolent presence with a knife knocking on my front door .
You can find a good explanation here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Oh. i knew about this, and i even had sleep paralysis right after a bad dream (it was not scary, actually empowering. it was someone died in the dream). Meh, i’ll just stay away from WILD.

The Old Hag has had many faces in many countries and cultures for many centuries now. She can be terrifying when you experience her/it, but some people managed to transform her into a beautiful girl… so it’s not that bad if you become lucid during the experience and use some mental powers :happy:

You might want to check out the BIG sleep paralysis and old hag topic: https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-sleep-paralysis-and-old-hag-topic-part-ii/13894 (it’s already part II). There are some more topics about the Old Hag to be found in the Old Lucid Lab.

I have a friend who sleeps in a highschool dormitory, his name is Stefan.

Last year he came to school really frightened or scared about something. He said during the night, he found himself sitting in his bed, unable to move and immersed in an almost tangible red light. He said he got a feeling of something tring to get inside him!!! :eek: he thought he was being possessed. I think this might be the feeling of weight on your chest but he interpreted it as something “trying to get in”.

He said he knew all of his colleagues were sleeping in the same room, and tried to tell them to wake up but couldn’t, how’s that for frustration. It’s a lot scarier when it’s a lot more real (considering that he was clearly in the dormitory with other people). He kept babbling on and on at school about how he thinks that he was possesed and stuff.

Honestly, i’m kind of tired of people coming and saying that they were abducted/possesed during the night and everyone believing him. I am also tired of trying to explain that it is called sleep paralysis accompanied by hallucinations, etc. People always tell me i’m a smart-ass or a freak and don’t listen.

I haven’t had an old hag yet, but the only way I ever got into sleep paralysis was trying to sleep on my back. I used to get it a while ago without even knowing about LD’s or WILD or all that. I think trying to sleep on my back triggers the conscious paralysis for me. Whenever I sleep on my side I don’t get the vibrations or the feeling of slipping away/twitching.

However, I think I may have had something similar to old hag, but it wasn’t a real hag. I have a fear of spiders (ive had many nightmares with spiders :eek: ). I had a very normal dream one night and woke up from it to find myself in a thought loop!! :eek: I had the feeling of impeding doom that others feel during old hag, but I wasnt paralysed, I could move. I went into the corner of my bed (by the wall) and kept searching my sheets and pillow for some kind of “white spider”. I was absolutely sure that I was seeing it move around in my bed, and I couldn’t believe it was happening. It obviously wasn’t a normal spider, it was huge and white, and there are no spiders in my country larger than a nickle. Eventually I couldn’t find it but was sure that it was still there so I went to sleep in the other room. :sad: damn it I hate when this happens.

What was this? Was this old hag?

with Old hag you are always paralysed, so it wouldn’t be this experience.