Sleep walking and LD's???

I heard that some people had fallen asleep with their room in a certain order and then awoke to find that things had been moved!
They explained this as being able to move things in RL whilst in the DW.
I was just wondering if any1 believes or has expierienced lucid sleepwalking! I certainly wudnt want to b in a lucid sleepwalking state… Can u imagine a flying dream! :cool_laugh:

as far as i know, you only sleepwalk during NREM sleep and LDs usually occur during REM sleep.

And even when you dream in nREM, it’s usually not like a REM dream, it’s more like a meditative, thoughtful state. Besides, you’d wake yourself up after hitting your head while trying to fly :tongue:

I was abit worried about chucking myself out of a window in an LD!
I mean can u imagine doing all the RC’s in the book (digital clocks, holding nose, reading txt etc…) They all fail so u are dreaming yet unbenown to u are acting out ur dreams in the real world!?
There are people who suffer from a dream condition in which their body is not paralysed and they act out their dreams, punching the air and running around the room etc… i wouldnt like to b acting out my dreams during a lucid!!!

Apparently its this paralyisis that stops us acting out our dreams. Alternatively, with people who suffer from sleep paralysis, this is reversed and they are awake while paralysed… :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh:

just ask family, if they have seen you acting like this. they would know if you suffer from the condition.

I get ur point on the sleepwalking thing. I always thought it happened in REM but i guess not.

As for the other condition- luckly i dont think i suffer from it (well nobody ever told me i do!) But i think its a bit like when u get those occasionly limb twitches when drifting off but more extreme, like ur body malfunctions or somethin!

We shud warn any1 with this condition to consider, before attempting LD. In fact i saw a program on it a while back. Very interesting…

if someone had this condition, the awareness would come through into a lucid dream… you can still have fun in a lucid dream without doing anything that could be ‘dangerous’
eg teleporting stuff, making things materialise and change etc

yeh. suppose. well i certainly aint gona worry about it… :cool_laugh: !

A recent discussion on this subject is to be found here, and a very detailed explanation of SP and sleep phases by Popov is to be found here.

Even if i was a sleepwalker i wouldnt know it as i rarely leave the bed during my lds:)