What does being 'in love' feel like?

Hi Yall…I’m just wondering… :wink: What does love feel like? I know that some of you are married, some of you are in love, and some of you haven’t been ‘in love’ yet…but what is your definition of being ‘in love’? I’m just curious, some of my friends have claimed that they’ve felt like they were ‘in love’ before with someone special. But these girls are around fifteen years old…so I wonder if they honestly think its’s love or just a mere crush. I mean, is it ridicolous to think that a fifteen year old is capable of being 'in love?" I’m wondering about your opinons on this. :wink:

I don’t think it’s ridiculous to think a 15 year old is ‘in love’, but I wouldn’t think that they’re ready to make decisions that will affect them for their entire life, or even decisions that will affect the next year or two, based on that emotion.
It’s pretty common advice around here in Utah to not start dating until you’ve turned 16, and even then to mostly date around and group date rather than dating one person steadily.
Pretty much, I’d think you know what love is by then, but you’re not experienced, so you can’t relatively determine how much you love a person. You may love somebody at this point, but since you’ve never been in love with any other people to date, you have nothing to compare it against. Because of this, you aren’t prepared to make judgement on important decisions, like teen sex. In general, I’d just say, WAIT. If you absolutely MUST date, really try group dating or just date several different people.
I don’t know ANY Junior High or Middle School relationships that have actually lasted, excepting one where the girl got pregnant and the guy had to stay with her and eventually get married to her. This couple is anything BUT happy together, they just went to far and can’t get apart now.

Hope it helped :content:

What does it feel like? Well, it’s indescribable. It just makes you really, really happy. I liken it to being on some crazy drug that i don’t want to come down off.
I’ve never been in love before this; i’m 21, so that shows how long i’ve had to wait, before i’ve been able to recognise it. Sure, i’ve had crushes on people, but never once before have i been able to say ‘i love you’ and really know i mean it.
I can do that now, i think that’s how i know i’m in love.

Everyone is capable of feeling love. When you’re talking about someone who’s fifteen, a person of an older age may look upon that feeling as just a crush, but for them it’s genuine love. Love is something very relative - and anybody is capable of experiencing it.

Love and lust are two different things, and its something that many teens (I imagine myself included) get muddled up.

I’ve seen someone claim they’re deeply in love with someone else, only to dump them a little while later.

One of my friends had this girlfriend for two years, and he told me SEVERAL times that he was ‘absolutely sure she was the one!’, but…well, she dumped him a few months later and now he’s absolutely sure she’s the most evil person on the planet. :tongue:
Funny thing was, four hours later he met a girl at a party and started dating her, sure that SHE was the one.

Yeah. That didn’t last long.

I havn’t loved anny one since like fourth grade and then it was not really true love either. And i havnt found anny one to really love i kinda loose intresst right after a verry short while.

I tend to think love is like a drug being forced through your head and you have no power to control whether you use that power or for what. I see many friends fall in love or strong lust and I tell them “in 3weeks you will just find out something and you won’t be happy no more” it sounds great to be in love.
But with the ever changing cycles of 7yrs going through us it seems impossible to see that someone could be with someone else and they could both love each other.
I feel like as if I want to be in love but I know that even if I found a girl tmoro that could love me I know I would change in 7yrs which would mean it could only happen for a short time.

What I try to do now is love for everything about them apart from the physical even if the physical is great, and see the beauty inside. I prefer having girls as friends and been able to hug them and help them rather than love them and eventually hate them. That way i have a friend for life rather than a girlfriend for 7yrs

It can also feel incredibly bad.
If youre unlucky i measn.
Thats the same even if you are 15 and doesn`T Exactly now what it is or whatever.

I want girlfriend and is 15 .
Whats wrong with that ?

Just because you say you are in love with someone only to get dumped a little while later doesnt mean that you were not in love. You can be in love and not even be dating that person. In all my years of living, I never thought I’d ever be able to define the word love, but now, after being with the love of my life, my precious angel, my sweetheart - Brianna Martin, I think I can truthfully say that I know what love is.

-Love is making your girl smile no matter what her current emotion is.

-Love is holding your girl close and never letting go.

-Love is putting your arm around your girl when you two goto sleep, and still having your arm around her when you wake up.

-Love is the sacrifice of the self for the sake of your girl.

-Love is Protection

-Love is Sacrifice

-Love is Trust

-Love gives us hope, in a hopeless world.

-Love makes us happy.

-Love brings us joy unlike any other emotion.

-Love is getting through the good times and the bad…together.

-Love is risking everything to sustain.

The other night, I looked up at the stars, and for each star, I named a reason why I loved her. I was doing great lol, until I ran out of stars :sad:.

I don’t know what the future holds. But I do know that, as long as there is a single breath in my body, My love for my Brianna will never die. Brianna, baby, my precious angel, my sweetheart, I love you very much. I will always love you. I know there will be mistakes that I will make baby, but I know none are worse than chances I dont take. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you baby. I’m in love. It’s the kind of love that no one can deny, where no one can come up and tell you that you are not in love. Because you know you are. Temet Nosce - Know Thyself. Right now, I know I’m in love, and that love will never cease.

I love you my angel,

~Will Pheagin (Seraphim)~

Love is too complicated for its own good.

Okay, that was really beautiful. I especially agree about it being about trust.
The hardest thing is love across a distance.
Then it’s about trust, faith, hope. Patience.
Ask me to tell someone why i love them, and i can’t. Only because i don’t know where to start…

The love I have for Brianna is a long distance relationship. She lives in Georgia, I live in North Carolina. But its about trust and faith, hope and patience. I love her with all my heart.

That’s really beautiful Sera! :touched:

How about adding this to the list? Loving someone because of what’s inside, not because of their looks. I sure as heck ain’t a looker, so the people I date practically HAVE to like the real me.

Funny how that works, isn’t it? Personally, I know I could look 10x better if I were to do some proper grooming. (or whatever you want to call a guy makeover ::lol: ) Friends have actually offered to get me fixed up a little, but I’ve refused. Let me get hooked up with someone real nice, someone who gets me, THEN you can do whatever you want with my looks. :content:

yeah, i wasnt much of a looker either lol. Countless nights of praying that i could look better, to be more popular. its wierd, senior year comes (this year), and all has changed. :smile: I look completely different. All this just because I got contacts. I no longer have glasses, who would have thought that taking off my glasses would make such a boost in things such as: Confidence, Popularity, Friendships. lol, Life is looking good :happy:

Sounds great man! :cool:

Doesn’t that remind you of one of those teen movies where there’s a dorky girl in them? Take off the glasses, put down the hair, add a little makeup, and BAM! :lol:

lol yeah! :happy:

I don’t know…glasses are quite sexy…except they um…get in the way a bit.
Grr…put two people who wear glasses and they spend more time making lens contact than lip contact!

You have a point there. Stupid glasses…

But they DO look sexy on the right people.

yeah, you just decide to move in for a kiss, and it’s like ‘clunk!’
Although, if you have two people who are nuts about each other, it doesn’t really matter anyhow…:wink: