Please Help

I’ve studied lucid dreaming in the past, and my interests have just recently resurfaced. I had a nightmare the other night, and in this nightmare the cop from Terminator 2 was chasing me through a sewer-like labyrinth. I became lucid in the middle of the dream, and remembered something I read in the nightmare section of this website. It said that if you were ever being chased by something you should stop and turn around to confront it. It then gave several options; one of which was to give the pursuer a hug. I recalled this information and proceeded to hug the cop - very lovingly might I add. Afterwards, the cop, who probably thought I was a moron, immediatly killed me by biting my head off (the one thing I was trying to avoid). I, of course, woke up in a state of bewilderment. Any advice for the next time around would be greatly appreciated. I sometimes wish I had my own personal Dr. Laberge.

you can beat them.

Hi Socrates, welcome at the forum. Nice to see you amongst the living again :razz:.

We at the forum try to do our best :tongue:. But if the “hug and it goes away” doesnt work, there’s plenty other options. Since you know you are dreaming, you should start by not being afraid. Then blast the crap out of any attacker with kung fu or huge guns or whatever means available… it’s fun too. If all else fails, try to hug them again … :razz:

I remember reading somewhere that you should ask your nightmare monster for a gift :uh:

has anyone here tried that?

I remember the first time I tried to talk to a monster in my dream, it wasn’t any fun so now I’ll find some way to kill them which is more fun.

You could just rethink the dream, make up a new ending. Then redream the dream and ask him what he wants, if you can help him, why he’s trying to kill you etc. If you can’t redream it directly, just let him appear somewhere in your next lucid dream.

Maybe hugging is a bit too direct. I too would be pissed off if someone would just hug me out of nothing.
Try and talk to him.
It is imoprtant that you have absolutely no fear and that you EXPECT him to answer verbally and stop hunting you.
Make clear to yourself that he as a dream character is entirely created by yourself. He is basically a part of yourself so you shouldn’t be afraid and you shouldn’t believe that he has more power than you have. If you don’t believe that he can harm you he won’t.

If you did your best and it didn’t work, try to kill him. The problem with killing is that - yes, on the one in the dream you have all the power you wish - but on the other hand, you trying to kill him might just make him more aggressive. He might also be invulnerable or pop up again in a different form after you killed him.

You can also ask other dream characters for help or summon some type of helping character that knows who this cop is and why he is chasing you in your dreams.
Basically I’m against the killing method, because I believe that LaBerge’s method is fully thought out and should be working with most to everything if you put all your mental power into solving this conflict you have with the dream character.

Try to make a little army of youre own beating up the attackers (chess is a fine picture … :smile: )
I`ve actually done that in an ND !

Hey, I’m new and I know nothing about LDs and how to make nightmares go away and stuff, but when I read this topic, I remembered an episode of a web comic, and thought if that might work…
read it, the dinosaur part of the comic:
nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=051011

something like “you’re not real, then what are you doing here”?
does anyone think that could work?

:cool_laugh: sounds an exciting dream Socrates. I would try creating a weapon to destroy the person chasing you or tell yourself ‘when i jump through the labyrinth wall i will be…’ Maybe you’ll end up in a new dreamscene unless you collide with the wall :tongue: