Toilets/bathrooms in dreams

Shady, crappy, sub-par, you get the idea. :content:

Fortunately for me restrooms/toilets in dreams happens to be a trigger for lucidity. And the reason is because they usually appear so strange. Like, if I need to go, there will just happen to be a toilet or more likely urinal, right up against the wall in some public highly travelled area. Then I think, that’s not very private, hey wait a minute…this is a dream. Another common restroom theme is I open the door to the restroom and there is a huge stadium sized room with hundreds of toilets and urinals on dozens of different levels and situated in random positions, like immediately inside the door. They are usually uni-sex bathrooms also. Once again, I love to see these, it means I’m dreaming.

I dream about toilets ALL the time. I drink a lot of water IRL, though, so there’s usually a physical reason!

I often have trouble finding a toilet in dreams, and when I do find them, they’re invariably dirty, or full of water all the way up to the top, or so high I can’t climb onto them, or in a big room with no privacy, or in some other kind of public place. I think this happens to keep us from relaxing too much in real life.

The last LD I had was based on toilets. I finally found one that worked and was clean, but I checked my watch and it said 8888 so I got lucid and decided not to use that toilet after all. Woke up then, and used the real bathroom.

I am going to get a LED clock to put in my bathroom so I can do RCs without turning the light on. I have a wristwatch in there but I can’t usually find it in the dark to hit the Indiglo button.

Seeing a toilet in a dream is one of the worse signs you can have. If you use a toilet in your dream there is a ridiculously good chance you will use it in reality. If you see a toilet in your dream…run!!!

heya,

kore kist, here, newbie,
anyway, i justed wanted to say when i was 12, away at summer camp, i had a dream that i was riding in a canoe. then i had to go pee, and walked carefully to the back of the canoe, and found there was a hole cut into the bench at the stern, and in the bottom of the canoe. so i pulled down my pants and peed like it was a toilet. then i woke up covered in warm urine, and my bedclothes soaked. i had not wet the bed since about age of five, and then it rarely happened. everyone was asleep so i managed to get all cleaned up without anyone noticing. if they had, i’d have been ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED.
ever since then, i never use the toilet in dreams.
i use the feeling of having to pee to lead into LDs…cause knowing i can’t pee, i realize i can’t CAUSE I’m DREAMING. and the pressure of my bladder makes me aware of my waking life body at the same time i’m identifying with my dream body.

love
kore

More recently toilets have been in my dreams a lot. They are clean? maybe. I don’t really remember them, though I do know they are almost always in a public place. One time it was in the cafeteria and the other time it was in the entrance to one of my old schools. If its an actual stall its usually more of an outhouse with a wooden door that is basically useless.

i dream about going to the toilet alot but I always have two penises!!hahaha :cool_laugh:

Just a few months ago I wet my bed because of a toilet dream. But most of the time I use the toilet, I wake up dry.

I also remember a dream from a long time ago about a giant toilet designed especially for sumo wrestlers. It was about the size of a hot tub.

The last time that i encountered a bathroom the toilet was very clean. The bathroom, however, was flooded with shoes. I’m talking stacks. This was in my grandmother’s bathroom and there is a limit to just how many shoes a woman can own, haha!
I was tripping over them and fell, ouch!

I have so many dreams with toilets in them, that I am going to have to start to do RCs everytime I see a toilet or even think about one! :eek:

The ever so frustrating dream of the bathroom haunted me about a week ago.

I always have this incredible urge to pee. The one’s that make you feel that if you touch your lower belly you can actually see your bladder. That’s how bad I had to go and then someone decides to make my bathroom an open room with no doors, DCs that just hang around and encourage you to pee b/c no one cares and someone decided to set up their matress on the tub.

I hate bathroom dreams. But I laugh every morning after I have one.

Today i dreamt about toilets and Lisa Kudrow…

Maybe toilets and the cast of FRIENDS are related! :grin:

Argh! It happens to me all too often. I am amazed I have always woken up dry.

Lights in bathrooms NEVER work for me. Bathrooms are always dark and if I happen to be in a shower, it’s always flooded…

The only dream I can recall with toilets or showers was this one from when I was about 10… I was in a brick room and all on the ceiling were hanging toilets… Thank god they were empty… :eek:

A few nights ago, I dreamt of some public toilets. There were lots of cubicles - atleast 10, most of them engaged. At the end of the room i saw some cubicles with the doors open. But there were no toilets inside them, just a stone tiled floor. They were empty and apparently ladies would sometimes use these when the toilets were busy. :eek:

When I dream about toilets, my dream won’t allow me to get into one (this usually because in WL I need to go badly)

In my dreams, the toilets are just… normal. Recently during a FA, I went to the bathroom and it was clean. Maybe it’s just one of those things which is different for each person shrugs.

Whenever i dream of a toilet it is either rediculously large, or extremely tiny. Maybe this reflects how bad i have to go! :tongue:

I’ve only ever seen a toilet in my dreams once, when I was about 8 or so. I found a decent one, and then flushed myself down it to see where it would take me… Too bad I don’t remember where it took me. :tongue: