The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part II

However there is no difference between a dream in which you dream that you are lucid (you know that you dream in this case) and a LD. FLD’s are just dreams in which you act as though lucid but you arent, thats a difference.

hello all! i started reading up about this stuff last night on wikipedia and then on this forum, although i had heard about the subject before.

anyway here’s what happened to me last night:

i went to bed around 1am, and must have fallen asleep by about 1:30am. i had set my alarm clock for 6am so i could wake up and write down anything i remembered in the hope of identifying dream signals.

i woke up at 6. at first i didn’t think i’d been dreaming at all. but then i realised i had, although just a simple dream where i was in a shop trying to buy something and the shopkeeper was an old teacher of mine who kept trying to stop me by asking me to put the things back on the shelf. so i wrote this down on my pad and fell back asleep (can’t have been more than about 20 minutes later.)

then the real fireworks began. i can’t properly recall in which order things happened but i must have had several different dreams, or one really long dream that kept changing characters/location (i’m not really sure of the definition). here are a few of the things that happened:

i was in my room and saw my friend outside through the window. although i’m pretty sure that by this point i knew i was dreaming i can’t remember what the trigger was that caused me to become lucid, but because i think i was, i “brought” my friend in through the window, which smashed. he asked me what the hell i was doing, to which i replied, “it’s ok, i’m dreaming”, which seemed to calm him down. :smile:

i had quite a few false awakenings; 4, 5 or 6 maybe. in some of these, unrecogniseable faces would appear out of thin air and start advancing towards me one by one, and when i put my hand out in front of me i could feel warmth when they touched me, before they disappeared.

in another false awakening, i saw another of my friends in the room opposite mine, then i started to go downstairs. however, i then saw that same friend coming up the stairs towards me, which caused me to push out at him and he fell down the stairs. i went down and apologised to him. he seemed fine, begrudgingly accepted the apology and went upstairs while i was left downstairs. don’t think i was lucid here.

i remember when i eventually did properly wake up at around 1:30pm i checked my pad and the only thing i had written down was the stuff i dreamed about before i woke up at 6am. i had remembered seeing a lot more written down, like a side and a half of the pad, and actually remembered writing it too. so that must all have been done during false awakenings because there was only 4 or 5 lines of writing when i really woke up. this means i’ve only written about approximately half the scenarios that i dreamed about here, because that’s all i could remember and wrote down when i really did wake up.

i have another few clear memories of lucidness but am not really sure what triggered me to be lucid in either case. one time i was in a car with someone who looked like beyoncé :happy: driving around listening to dr. dre.

another time i was on a train full of people i’d never met. i announced that i was dreaming and they were all figments of my imagination, and they turned towards me in disbelief, questioning it. i then went around slapping a few of them in the face.

i can’t remember in any of the cases if i was lucid how i recognised i was dreaming in the first place, although i’m pretty sure i did. i seem to recall checking the time, looking away, and then checking it again at certain points though. i didn’t really have a massive amount of control over what was happening when i was lucid though, it was more that my brain was throwing scenarios at me that i was able to recognise i was lucid in, but not really able to change all that much about. for example, in the train i was able to recognise i was lucid but nobody really believed me and i felt i had to prove it to them. and my friend coming through the window, i’m pretty sure that part of the dream ended right there, because i couldn’t recall anything after it.

so to those of you much more experienced than i with LDs, does it sound like i was lucid at any of these points to you? if so, hoorah! :cool:

Sounds like lucidity to me :happy:

Lack of control is normal in the beginning. Being lucid means being aware you are dreaming and learning to control is something that can be added to your lucidity but does not define lucidity. Also, don’t believe DCs they are usually talking nonsense :tongue:

OK heres the dream I had the other night.
Bear in mind I havent been trying to LD at all.

I’m running down a giant corridor, almost a church, its lit reasonably well(I could describe further, its quite detailed, down to the pattern on the floor). Suddenly, i realise, “Hey! Im dreaming this isnt real!” for no apparent reason. But I keep running, because the thing behind me will catch me, then I turn to look over my shoulder at it, and awaken.

It was almost like I knew I was dreaming yet still thought it was real.

Hi DarkRyNo.

You knew (if only for an instant) that it was a dream, thus it was a LD. It was probably low level awareness, so you forgot about it. That’s why you need to stay focussed once you realize you are dreaming.

I didn’t feel completely in control. It was kinda like I couldn’t control what I was thinking or doing. A really strange feeling, I knew I was dreaming but I couldn’t think about it kinda because too much stuff was going on and I was concentrating on running.

Hi all :smile: ,
The other night i was having a really weird dream, and i couldnt put my finger onwhat was so odd, then i realised to myself that i must be dreaming. I then ran a few metres then woke up. But i actually didnt wake up, it was a FA!! Later on in the dream, i couldnt tell why things were weird again, so i did a reality check. I looked at my hands and counted 10 fingers. Then i said to myself “10 fingers… but i am dreaming i know it!” Then all of a sudden a bright white light appeared, surrounded by darkness with black shapes of the tops halves of two people on the sides talking. Then i was drawn closer to the light and i could feel myself waking up. I wanted to shout out “lucidity times 1000”, but i was too much awake and thought it would come out my real mouth. Just after that i woke up.
Also i could only remember those parts, and no parts of the actual weird dreams…
Was this an LD :confused: ???

Yes Mitchboy78 :yes: It sounds as a LD to me :content:
Too bad it didn’t last for lang, and you woke up after you realized it… (first FA and then real)

Congratulations :content:

Congrats Mitchboy78! :clap: They were 2 LD’s. Too bad they were so short… :neutral: But first LD’s are often short, you’ll probably have longer LD’s soon! :smile:

They were really LD’s??!! COOL :grin: ! thanks for that guys! :happy:

Hello
I had quite a strange dream last night. I was in my bedroom and thier where dream characters in thier that I believed to be my parents and they where saying that thier where bugs placed in thier by intellegence agencies to spy on us and i had to be careful what I said. At that point I started to question weather it was a dream or reality and then realised it was a dream but then the dreamscape collapsed and it was like i was blind but I knew I was dreaming so I started spinning as I have heared that this can help you control LDs and get your visuals back. Then I moved towards my front door and tried to fly out but I could here my parents call me back and my mum said-as a DC in the dream (even though i was still dreaming of course!) that I should not be doing that because it may not be a dream so if I dart out the frount door I risk hurting or killing myself by going into the traffic on our road. Then I had an argument with my mum in the dream, I believe I could have had multiple fasle awakenings and then woke up for real a bit puzzled. Any explinations for this? Was this a dream where I became lucid but I lost lucidity because I was not concentrating enough? Or was this a false LD or something like that? If this is a true lucid is this a DILD? I have had a few intresting LDs in the past but recently when I have become lucid in my dreams i have been blind and I have lost my visuals and have to spin to get any visuals at all and I could not gain control. Please help me on this
best regards
Luke

Hi Lukemc.

Yes it was a DILD. Yet it was a bit low level awareness, more concenration could help indeed. Keep reminding yourself that, once you realise you are in a dream! The fact that your mom asked “hey what if this is not a dream” should have been a pointer for you to think “right, then this has to be a dream” :razz:. But don’t worry this happens to the best of us :razz:. Also the multiple FA’s is something you could use to become lucid again, get into the habit of doing a RC when you wake up. And about losing visuals, spinning can indeed help, but so does stubbornly continuing the dream, after a few minutes sometimes the visuals come back (at least this is what happens to me sometimes). Good luck with it :smile:.

Hi again, :happy:
Last night was really weird. I went to sleep listening to a recording form the Simple Audio aided lucid dreaming experiment. I went to bed at about 11:15, so i set my alarm for 5:30 to do a WBTB. I woke up, and normally i would go back to sleep cause im too tired, but this morning i stayed up for an hour or so looking at some LD notes. I tried getting back to sleep at about 6:15, listnening to the recording again. I then had a really weird dream involving Futurama imatations and my friends. And i was sliding around the floor on my backside when i heard the recording and instantly knew i was dreaming, i then got a really cool feeling of power. Then something really weird happened. All went black and i started shaking really bad, then i had this enourmous amount of pressure on my chest pushing me down. But i thought i may have been going into an OBE, so i focused on trying to be able to see, which i found supprisingly easy, cause i was shaking like i had never before. I wasnt successful in regaining my sight, and then i think i was still dreaming and it felt like i was rolling on my bed. But then i tried to jump out of my body into an OOBE, but it just woke me up :sad: . This was about 1/2 an hour later (6:45).
I then went back to sleep, once again listening to the recording, and had another dream. In this dream there were rescue missions and Futurama again. Then everyone around me shattered into glass, and the big spaceship was flying away. I grabbed onto a random tire swing that was connected to it and started flying around with it. I then heard the recording again and yelled “IM DREAMING” and had that feeling of power again. But everything was black once again aswell :sad: but i could feel myself swinging in the tire swing heaps and i was yelling “WOOHOO” and having a massive feeling of fun. I also felt the wind against me which was weird, cause i couldnt really see anything. I think my tire swing then crashed and i then had a FA. Which was really weird becasue i was in my room exactly how it is. I then looked at my clock just to see the time, and it said 8:4(weird symbol) but i didnt really think on it. Then there was really large noodle cup on the ground and i was like “hang on. I had this in my dream… then…” i was about to say “then i must be dreaming again.” But i woke up after the then. And btw that noodle cup was in my dream at somepoint.
This was one of the most confusing and best nights ever :eh: :tongue:
I was wondering if there is an explanation as to what happened???And if those were LD’s :confused: cause im really confused :eh:
Hoping for help,
Mitch

Hi MiTcHy!
Yes, they looked like LD’s. And I think there is no special explanation to what happened, cause LD’s are often weird. About shaking, chest pressure and “black void”, they are quite typical signs of a WILD, though you were DILD’ing, but it may happen when you are in a state in which you’re half aware of your dream and half aware of your body.

Cool :content: :cool: Thanks tonnes for that Basilus West :grin:

Hello everyone, newbie here!

I’ve been reading ld4all for several days now, ever since a friend tipped me to the wikibook about Lucid Dreaming and I followed a link to here. :content: I’ve allways read about dreaming, lucid dreaming, and the such, but I’ve only been tracking my dreams in paper/net (and not just in my nmind) ever since reading that wikibook…
I’ve been half-trying to have an LD for about 5-6 days or so, first time actually reading on it a lot before bed, then I sort of gave up when the second day it didn’t work. After that I started falling asleep thinking I just had to remember my dreams, and have been recalling at least 3 a night (so far, anyway) with a WBTB technique that just… comes natural. I don’t even read about lucidity when I get up, just go to the bathroom and go back to bed to sleep. :content:

I wasn’t particularly trying to have an LD at all tonight, but I think I did anyway.
Now, after reading this topic, I’ve come to the conclusion what I had last night (or should I say this morning) was actually an LD (I still have slight doubts though).-
I’ll just copy up what I typed on my journal:

So, that was a LD, right? Did it felt like a normal dream when I woke up just because I was on low lucidity level? :eh:
And why couldn’t I move the money with my thought? That sure pissed me off. :cry: I knew I should be able to but couldn’t! Same with summoning the character…

And what I’m -really- curious about is: Why did my hands hurt when rubbing them? :confused:

Thanks for reading!

Edit: I had to keep reminding myself this was a dream when my dream automatically changed something without my consentment. :content:

Hi kitkat_neko! Welcome to LD4all! :wave:

No doubt, it was a lucid dream, and you even have had a great one for your beginnings! Congrats! :good:

I’m not sure to understand your question. The important thing in a LD is that you feel like present when it happens. When you wake up, of course, it’s a dream. But perhaps are you right and your lucidity level was not so high. What would surprise me a little cause you seems to have good reactions in it.

You managed to summon Gackt, didn’t you? :tongue: I think it’s a good result. Lucidity doesn’t necessary mean control. You often have to trick your dream in order to obtain what you want. For instance, transforming objects instead of creating them, or looking for a character to appear behind a door instead of making it appear in front of you.

It’s curious. I don’t know. :eh: It won’t probably occur in your next LD.

I hope you’ll have soon new LD’s to tell us! :happy:

Thank you for the welcome and congratulations! :grin:

Well I meant (and apology in advance for anything that sounds odd, english isn’t my first language, and I write a little quirky when excited or upset :content: ), the dream, although I was lucid, felt a little -too- much like a dream. Perhaps it’s because I was expecting the LD to feel way more real, yet I didn’t pay enough attention to my surroundings (which would have made it feel more unreal).
I felt present alright! :happy: After the freakiness from having 9 fingers passed (and not being able to float back down right away), it was pretty cool, and I can’t wait to do it again :tongue:

I apparently did. :grin:

Looking back to it, I think I was putting too much effort into the things that didn’t work out (summoning the character, moving the bill), but the other things that I had only thought about seemed to work far better.

And… Gackt did appear from a door, and not just in front of me. :wink:

I guess I didn’t do that bad for a first experience, eh? :happy: I’m really excited about it all. I had only once changed a dream (sort of rewinded it several times because I didn’t like how it was coming along)but I wasn’t LD back then until after I rewinded it about 9 times and was about to wake up. :shy:

It was quite weird. My fingertips sort of hurted when I rubbed my palms toghether :confused: Well, if anything, the pain sort of made me feel more lucid… and curse, once. :content:

I just kept getting the feeling I wasn’t going to be able to undo things though. (Like the hovering thing, that I’d never go back down, or the falling asleep to wake up thing, I thought I’d sleep forever. :crazy: )
Is it usual to think so irrationally? :tongue:

Neither it’s mine. I think you speak english very well… but an english person would be a better judge than me! :lol:

Yes, you managed very well ! :happy:

It’s very common. I think I’ve never had a very rational thinking in my lucid dreams. And most often, I don’t remember my dream goals or I don’t know what to do next. It’s possible though if you have a high lucidity level. Some people do some maths, or just shout “Increase lucidity!”.

Good luck on your next attempts! :smile:

Hey, thanks! :grin:

:content: How frustrating that is. I knew in my dream I wanted to do a lot of things and I couldn’t come up with almost anything. (Makes me glad I had that chat about Gackt the night before or that wouldn’t have occured to me).

I think my next dream goal will be to remember my dream goals. :wink: