I lack control in some of my lucid dreams, or they just fade

Hello,

I’ve been highly interested in lucid dreaming for about two years, ever since my high school Psych teacher introduced us to the subject…anyways, I have lucid dreams quite frequently (where I become lucid mid-dream). And yes, the lucid dream induction mp3 has helped quite a bit! But about 75% of the time, although I am aware of my state, I can barely, if at all, control my surroundings.

For example, three nights ago, I became lucid, and tried to morph my body into a cat (yeah, weird, I know :tongue:), but not much happened. I tried a few more simple things, but the effects were minimal. I even tried saying (out loud in my dream) “Increase lucidity” or something along those lines, but nada.

Another time, I became lucid, and almost immediately, my dream body couldn’t move, let alone speak, and my dream faded shortly thereafter.

Anyone have similar experiences, or suggestions as to what I can do/say to gain more control over my dreams?

-Rahid

Although I’ve only had 3 high level LD’s where I’ve had complete control. I get allot of lucid moments. Where I become lucid only for a matter of a second or two and then I continue with a ND.

I think the more you work at it eventually you’ll get where you want with it. Try a different tech or mix a few ect. Don’t worry though, by the sounds of it your doing good and it’s only a matter of time before you find your groove. :wink:

Generally speaking, you often have to trick your dreams. Don’t try to obtain a change directly, get it by roundabout means. For instance, don’t try to make something appear but morph something else. When you change into a cat, change your hands first. Perform “magic”. Shout your intention loud. There are no ready-made tricks. You have to imagine a mean you’ll use in order to obtain what you want.

What prevents you to control your dream environment are your beliefs and habits (belief that gravity exists, that walls are solid, that things can’t morph, etc.) Theorically, all is possible in dreams, but you have to find a way to trick those beliefs, for instance in using some “dream technology” in order to obtain what you want. You can inspire from SciFi movies.

If you’re quite experienced in LD’ing, you also can try to make your dreams temporarily a little less solid and realistic, then change what you want and make the dream solid again. I know it’s possible but I don’t know how to do… :shy:

I am most definitely not experienced at LD-ing, but I think I stumbled onto how to do that! I didn’t think to use it to change anything, though - I just used it to stop myself waking up, since I noticed the more I visually focused on things, the more my body wanted to snap awake.

Anyway, I haven’t had many lucid dreams, but if there is one thing I’ve found from them and my normal dreams, it’s that nothing beats persistence. Often things that won’t work the first time will slide into submission if you keep trying. It also helps to be SURE something will happen with enough effort - just hoping it will isn’t always enough. You have to know.

In the few lucid dreams I get I don’t have time to do any dream magic before I wake up (probably because I just don’t think of it).
I can do some pretty neat stuff in normal dreams though. Never thought that it was strange (of course).
prays for lucid dream tonight

Something else happens to me.When i realize i’m dreaming i can see my self from the outside and just doesn’t do what i’m telling him not even if i think of it very hard then after a few mins in my dream i wake up And know that i was dreaming and tried to do something with it.

P.S:sorry if i got out of topic,but when i read the post this came to me instantly.