How did you get here?

I was on a forum with a tread about dreams. I was interested in dreams so I decided to read it from the beginning. On one of the first pages they talked about lucid dreams, one of the members was also member by the dutch ld4allforum. I decided to go there and have a look. I immediately became a member. (but forgot my password and typed my e-mailadres wrong :ack: ) A few days later I became a member again (on the dutch forum) More then a month later I decided to join this forum too. I didn’t post much because this forum was so big and I didn’t have a lot of time. But in the vacation I came back and now I don’t want to leave anymore…

[color=green]Hi

A link from another site did it for me. I think it was something like wikipedia and it had techniques in it. But i didnt click the link at first becoz it had a number in its name. I thought its some bogus link that bugs u about free ipod or something loll. But when i did, i was glad. I stayed out of the forums for a quite long time. Then one day i had a question and i signed up here. (the question was that i couldnt keep my eyes closed :razz: )Im glad i joined in here :smile:[/color]

Believe it or not I didn’t even realise LD existed till a couple of months ago!
I discovered this site completely by chance. Being interested in dreams- one day I was looking on a dream site, looking for dreams based around love, as I had just had a really powerful love dream and wanted to know if anyone else had anything similar. :confused:

This is not like me- usually i’d just think “oh it was only a dream” and not bother- but this dream felt stronger and more vivid than anything i’d ever expierienced.

So one day whilst browsing thru the entries I saw one which said “my lucid experience”.
Fascinated by the concept of dream control and inspired by my own dreams, I found a site with pages taken from Stephan Leberge’s books, reading thru them, gave me more insite and i found myself even more intrigued … Eventually I found the best and only real LD site on the web… LD4All of course! :grin:

So you could say the rest is history- but it ain’t history yet, cos i’m learning new things all the time and if anything my interest is just increasing with everyday on the forum! :content:

Post your LD discovery and when you made it to LD4All! :wink:

I got it from a forum (non ld) i was member of.
Thought it would be funny and tried in about a month (totally doing it wrong with wild without dj or wbtb )
But i stopped.
But luckily i almost fell asleep consiouss listning to music without trying to wild and that scared me in here !

I heard of LDs whilst reading a howstuffworks.com article about dreams (was a featured article on their homepage at the time), and I read about lucid dreaming there.

Googled, and found a lot of sites to help me.

Cant remember exactly how I got here, google probably helped me again, yet I know that the aliens have something to do with this…

Well i remember that after seeing Vanilla Sky my curiousity for dreams increased. Some weeks after i saw it for the second time i decided to search on the internet for info, i came across OBEs and dreams.
At first i was focusing more on OBEs whereas in dream i wasn’t. That was in december last year, then the next month(jan) i started on dreams, while searching on yahoo (searching lucid dreaming) i came across this wonderful site.

I was searching through the GameFAQ’s Paranormal and Conspiricy board where I found a topic about LD’ing. I decided to find out more and asked for a good site and this was the best one there.

Somebody mentioned it on the darren shan website, in the forum on there. I am using the same username as i did on those forums, I actually LD all the time! I don’t remember any dreams i haven’t gone lucid in.

It’s bpth a friend mentioning it and a magazine i’ve read but that’s a long time ago-couple of years-.I decided it when i remembered it the previously day i registered and thought that i always wanted to have a LD but never tried much.Except it i also liked to remember my dreamswhatever they are and i think i have managed a bit.So it’s both the options but i voted that a friend of mine told me.

I found this magnificent site on a google search engine, your forums are the best, and the rest aint good enough.
so easy to use and well entertaining, Im going to promote your website to everyone I know who’s intrested in exploring the uknown world of the night and what secrets it holds

Kind of a weird story but about 4 years ago my friends and I used the meddle a little in the occult but I side-tracked into the region of meditation, which led to reading about OBEs. Then that went to the back of my mind.
For about a month now I’ve been reading about anything and everything on Wikipedia, and about a week ago I decided to type in “OBE”, so I read what was there and it had “See also: Lucid Dreaming”, so I clicked and read, and there was a link to LD4All. And now here I am… n.n

Hehe, I was trying to figure out how a router worked (see the connection… You Don’t !? CRETIN!!) on howstuffworks and they had an article on dreams, inside that was a mention of lucid dreams, inside that was a link to lucidity institute I read a bit in that, but eventually out it in the too hard basket (lucidity institute isn’t very begginer friendly) a couple of months later I decided to look it up again, I found Lucid Crossroads, followed another link trail and eventually found this site. (YAY!!)

Well, me and a friend was Digging at Digg.com when he stumbeld across an article and in the comments there i found the link for ld4all :smile:
the site is cool :content:

Couldn`t agree more !

Q !:thumbs:
Q Q Q Q Q Q Q Q

The Wikibook on LD’ing.

To me, it all started once I had a dream that made me wonder… :meh: I looked at Wikipedia, and read about dreams, nightmares, sleep paralyzis and finally lucid dreaming, there was a link there. It totally changed my life! Though that’s pretty obvious I guess. It must have happened to most people here, right? :content:

Subliminal message from aliens works fine for me :smile:

My story of findng out is a long and boring story… so ill just give you the short one :tongue:
One day my friend was all crazy and happy taunting me because he knew something great that id didnt know. So finally, some time in the night i convinced him to tell me, and it was LD’ing. He told me about ld4all and i was on here straight away :content: I’d say this is my most visited website at the moment!

Love being here,
MiTcHy

Google! I was searching some image: kin 199.
I found it.

I started a Dream Diary in Xanga and started talking about my dreams at work. A friend at work has been a member here for a long time and pointed me in this direction. So here I am