how do YOU meditate?

Yeah, I was wondering /how/ to meditate…Yeah, just give me some methods I could use in bed before sleep…

The answer is here

That looks like a great topic but the thing is I would rather go to a class on meditation than to learn over the web site. Maybe the web site is enough to learn but im not sure. Im going to take a look at the site though Fadem. Thanks for posting the site.

To Shortcuts of Lucidity! :razz: Well, shortcut…

Long-term zazen is said to cause LDs. (There was some stuff about it on the dutch forum if I remember correctly :razz: )

I’d be glad if anyone could recommend any good books on the subject.

Meditation means single pointed focus of consciousness. The subject of this can be anything, from an object, a feeling, your breath, a thought, even nothing (as in Zen). So do whatever you feel suits you and start meditating on it for as long as you are comfortable. You can increase the amount of time in meditation as you see fit once you get more experienced.

I can meditate so far until I can’t remember was posistion my body was in when I started. Somtimes I start thinking, “Hey, shit, this is cool!” thusly coming out of focus and screwing up my meditation…I’ve done /that/ three times already…
nyway, I haven’t read up on meditation and was just wondering what i’m supposed to be feeling…

I figure If I meditate when I wake or before I sleep, it would help me with lucid dreams, because most of the lucid dream method /are/ just focussing on one thought or suggestion, cough cough Meditation cough cough

CZChilla, there was already an existing topic about how to meditate. I merged yours with it.

Okay. All you’re supposed to do is sit still in complete silence for, say, ten minutes a day, witha straight back (straight back chair, laying down). Then, once you’re comfortable, you being to think about anything that can truly give you a feeling of peace. For me that thing is nature, more specifically snow, trees, and wind. I’m also fond of cosmic entities like galaxies and active black holes. but mostly I open a window in my -OH, and rain. I love rain. Anyway, I usually just open a window and listen to the wind, or the trees, or anything that’s natural…

Wakes topic from 3 year hibernation :ebil:

So… I tried meditating today, but I didn’t truly feel peaceful. I had been meditating for 20 minutes. (Woah it didn’t feel like 20 minutes! Felt like 5!)

Great find, Mew! :grin:

reads through topic

Thanks. Looked meditation up on the search bar, and bingo!

Now… can you help me with my question?

[/quote]

Edit: tonight I’ll be meditating.

yeah good find mew!!!

i’d say practice. if you can already sit there for 20 minutes and it feels like five you are on the right track

Thanks. I’ll practice some more. :smile:
:handshake:

I’m not really good at meditatinggg (yet! :grin: )

but, as callender55 said, it seems you’re on the right track! I’ll try tonight too. Good luck to us.

How are you meditating, Mew? While I don’t usually pass time that fast, I almost always get the peaceful feeling when I meditate. What I do, is I’ll visualize myself inside a forest or whatever helps to relax me and just kinda hang around watching the sky, or talk to the people there if there are any. I’ve tried the Zen meditations, but they don’t really have the same effect for me.

I’ll try something similar. Can you post how you do it in-depth?

Absolutely. I think it will be simpler if I post an example.

SPOILER - Click to view

I close my eyes, and a few stray thoughts pop into my mind, but I quash them by focusing on the blackness behind my eyelids. Once I am sure that my mind is still and no other distractions are going to float up, I imagine myself standing in a forest. It’s fuzzy at first, but soon I start to see my surroundings. The trees and grass here are all dead, and no animals are here either. It seems odd, but the place is serene, and I don’t mind the scenery anyways. As I turn to my left, I start to walk down a path that travels through the woods. I’ve been down it before, but not very far. As I reach the point where I left off at before, I turn and walk into a thicker area in the forest. [skip forward a bit for monotony] As I step out of the woods I come upon a small house that sits connected to a graveyard. Around the graveyard there is a brick fence that stands about a foot high, and in the yard, walking about the graves is a girl that looks in her twenties with shoulder length black hair. She looks surprised as I walk up to her, but smiles. She says that she is surprised that I am here, and that most people just come here as they are passing through to the next place. [And the rest of the time is spent talking to her.]

Basically that’s about how it is when I meditate. I hadn’t seen anyone before her when I went there, but she seemed to have been there for a while before, and she’s been there since. No one else was in the forest, but that changed when I found Talon’s CALD technique. I chose the forest because it was a place where I felt at peace, but you can choose anywhere you want. My brother uses a valley surrounded by mountains. A friend of mine chooses fields of sawgrass. Basically the point is going to a place that is relaxing to you, and being able to chill out for a while. I like this better because “no thought” meditation seems to be more of a chore for me. I hope this helps you some.

I use a lot of different techniques, and many times I use brainwave entrainment audios.

Sometimes I just concentrate on my breathing.

Sometimes I concentrate on inhaling love and exhaling peace.

Sometimes I concentrate on a mantra.

Sometimes I concentrate on something like an ocean or a flame.

Sometimes I concentrate on nothing at all. Emptying my mind.

lots of ways to meditate :smile:

And I love them all so much ! :content: