Rainbow Connection

how do YOU meditate?

Author  Message 
Weasel
Contemplating life
Astral Explorer
LD count: 8

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

In my opinion, I don't think it matters which position you are in. Sometimes I'll do it sitting straight up, but mostly laying down. It just depends on what makes me more comfortable at the time.

Some say it matters but personaly whichever position I am in I still get the same outcome as in a differant position. But thats just me, and maybe i'm wierd.
I'm sure everyone can agree however that you won't be very succesful if your moving around alot and repositioning trying to get comfortable the whole time.

So try it "your" way first, and see if it works for you. If not then experiment untill you feel happy with the results. Hope this helped. smile

Anamcara
Jenius!
cookie lover

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

Yes it did colgate Thanks for responding. (I was doing it anyway but hard to defend when I don't know much about it)

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

Im basically new at this. Meditation seems to be a great thing to learn how to do. It seems that meditation can be very simple to do or very complex. Depends on your view of it. What I would like to do is find a place that can train me on the proper ways to meditate because there are so many ways to meditate. Maybe I dont even need to get trained on meditation maybe all I need to do is just relax and meditate.

Current LD goal(s): Achieve stable lucidity; Have a conversation with myself

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Anamcara
Jenius!
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 30 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

I had this same thought Nice Dream and found a couple of yoga places but they are expensive. There's some good meditative techniques on the web. I found the twin hearts technique and a few others but I started with books. Maybe when I have the money to spare I'll do the yoga but books are good for now

hereticmagpie
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

It's a good question and one i always felt silly for not really not really knowing. It's so simple that it seems like there must be there to it - reading this thread has been very helpful, so thankyou everyone.

In the past i have been known to use the very popular "lying down and falling asleep" method..

Anamcara
Jenius!
cookie lover

PostPosted: Wed 31 Aug, 2005  Reply with quote

hereticmagpie wrote:

In the past i have been known to use the very popular "lying down and falling asleep" method..
lach1
Ahhh yes, me too. One of m favorites actually

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

Meditation Methods?
PostPosted: Fri 14 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Yeah, I was wondering /how/ to meditate...Yeah, just give me some methods I could use in bed before sleep....

Fadem
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: Not Enough

That looks like a great topic but the thing is I would rather go to a class on meditation than to learn over the web site. Maybe the web site is enough to learn but im not sure. Im going to take a look at the site though Fadem. Thanks for posting the site.

Current LD goal(s): Achieve stable lucidity; Have a conversation with myself

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Fadem
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
LD count: Not Enough

To Shortcuts of Lucidity! tounge2 Well, shortcut...

Long-term zazen is said to cause LDs. (There was some stuff about it on the dutch forum if I remember correctly tounge2 )

qomp
In a blue loop
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Over 150

PostPosted: Sat 15 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

I'd be glad if anyone could recommend any good books on the subject.

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

Meditation means single pointed focus of consciousness. The subject of this can be anything, from an object, a feeling, your breath, a thought, even nothing (as in Zen). So do whatever you feel suits you and start meditating on it for as long as you are comfortable. You can increase the amount of time in meditation as you see fit once you get more experienced.

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

I can meditate so far until I can't remember was posistion my body was in when I started. Somtimes I start thinking, "Hey, shit, this is cool!" thusly coming out of focus and screwing up my meditation...I've done /that/ three times already...
nyway, I haven't read up on meditation and was just wondering what i'm supposed to be feeling...

Animahngo
Flying Rock!
Astral Explorer

I figure If I meditate when I wake or before I sleep, it would help me with lucid dreams, because most of the lucid dream method /are/ just focussing on one thought or suggestion, *cough cough* Meditation *cough cough*

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

CZChilla, there was already an existing topic about how to meditate. I merged yours with it.

print