When did you understand who was Senator Palpatine?

When did you understand who was Senator Palpatine?

• during Star Wars Episode 1
  • during Star Wars Episode 2
  • when it was revealed (Episode 3)

0 voters

[If you haven’t yet seen Star Wars Episodes 1,2 or 3, please don’t read!]

I’m wondering if most of people understood during Star Wars Episode 1 and 2 who Senator Palpatine will become?

I didn’t see the 2 first episodes at the cinema cause the critics said it was for babies. :eek: When I discovered those two episodes in DVD, I was astonished: they were the best episodes ever written, and their message was very deep. The only solution to explain what critics said was that they did’nt understood who was Senator Palpatine and that he was manipulating everybody to reach the power.
Moreover, I suppose that people who understood didn’t reveal it, not to suppress the surprise effect to their friends.

I didn’t ask the question immediatly, cause it was possible that some of you haven’t seen the movie. So my question is: “When did you understand that Senator Palpatine will become the Emperor?”

i didn’t know who palpatine was… and maybe you should put spoiler space in there somewhere, bc innocent not yet startrek watchers like me now know :razz:

Even in the old episodes (4-6), it was known that the Emperor’s real name was Palpatine. I don’t recall if it was actually being mentioned in the movies, but it was certainly clear from the comics.
The question which kept with me after episode 1 was: who was Darth Sidious? Palpatine himself or not? But that too became clear after episode 2.

I had this feeling too, but I wasn’t sure.

Q, I’m sorry! :sad: What are “spoiler spaces”? I made some changes. Is it better now? And it’s not StarTrek, it’s Star Wars… :tongue:

I knew who Palpatine was from Episode 1 - but I still hated it. The reason: Jar Jar Binks and all the awful slapstick ‘humour’ associated with him. Easily the most annoying character in all the Star Wars movies by FAR. Episode 2 was good, though. Thankfully they kept Jar Jar mostly out of that one!

He was called “emperor palpatine” somewhere in the first series, so i understood it at once :cool:

spoiler spaces are empty spaces like this:

warning: spoilers below!

your spoiler here…

so that ppl can’t read it immediately when they enter the page :smile:

size=1 is also very useful for things you want to hide like that :smile:

After he got deformed “shocking” :open_mouth: Mace Windu. That’s when I recognized him.

in 1992.

or rather 98, when the first movie came out senator palpatine… emporer palpatine - and they were both the same actor if i am not mistaken?

i was just confused how he managed to learn all the force-fu between films II and III - but i guess that was explained too!
i assumed darth sideous was just some other fella that was gonna get all chopped to bits by a lightsaber, and then the senator would take his place.

x

i already knew before any of the prequel movies were out, as the name gave it away (emperor palpatine), plus i read alot of starwars books and go to starwars forums, so it was far to obviouse

i knew from ep 1. i kept telling my mom but she wouldnt believe me lol. :smile:

I pretty much figured it out in Episode one because they were both the same height and had the same chin. The clefted chin.

It just goes to show you: “NEVER trust Movie Critcs”. Their opions can suck.

I figured it out when I saw his first scene in Episode One.

…I recognized the actor :tongue: