what is the 1st dream you remember?

The first dream i think I had was a dream that I was at a zoo and they had a T-Rex. Of course it broke out and chased me and my dad through the park. We would reach our car and it wouldn’t start. The T-rex would almost crush us and I would wake up. :cool_laugh:

Qman

My earliest would have to be…
I’m with my family on a kind of hard desert, the sky is red and there are people running around screaming and such. I guess its the end of the world or something. Anyway, me and my family are just standing still together, sad. Then the ground split in a massive crack, im stuck on one side, and my family on the other. I’m crying and such. Then I wake up.

Sitting in the back seat of a car, I had my face pressed against the window as I watched the scenery go by. I then turned to look at the driver only to see that a tiger was driving. Its pretty scary to see a tiger driving you around in a car, when you dont know how you got there or where its taking you. :neutral:

I was two and a half and I had a nightmare that I got into a taxi with my parents and the taxi driver went insane and drove up hills(I lived in san francisco, so there were lots of those) really fast. I threw up and was traumatized and wouldn’t ride in a cab for several years.

That was my first vivid dream. Even before that, while I was still in my crib, i dreamed that the knots in the wood walls were creatures called “wood ears.”

My first remembered one was a nightmare while I was hunted by a footballer who killed and ate bathning people.

I made an army of good people against his bad ones.
I just don`t remember if i did that in the dream or when i fell to sleep :cry:

that mabe a LD with great control !

Funny enough that was one of the first dreams I remember as Child as well, I was out my nans back flapping my arms to go higher and higher but I couldnt go no higher than the tops of the trees. Aint it funny how flying dreams stand out in your long term memory, maybe its because theyre so much fun, I hope I have another one (its just that when you get older your imagination dies a little, it aint what it use to be and so the lack of flying dreams die with it)

The first dream I remember is from when I was about 9 years old. I was a black-currant and so were all of my friends, we were in school… [jump] … We were all very sad because for some reason I had to leave back to my “home planet”, which was a giant black-currant oo;… I just kinda floated up there and then teh dream ended. It’s odd how this dream had managed to stay with me for so long. >.<

i’m glad you put It’s me, Kaitou~ in your sig … i thought you were someone new!
what a weird black currant dream… all about having to leave a place you knew

XD I thought people might think that~

The weird thing is, I don’t like black-currants XD.

The Oldest dream I can remember was a recurring nightmare in which there were 3 witches that wanted to do something with me (can’t remember) and I was protected by a talking lion (don’t ask) and I think in the end I got used to the dream so I stopped being scared and it just went away :neutral:

There wasn’t a wardrobe involved, was there? Sounds very Narnia to me! :tongue:
The first dream I remember is a nightmare I had about a shark. My dad told me that because it was just a dream that I needn’t be afraid of the shark, and in fact i could be friends with the shark if I wanted. So the next time I dreamt about the shark I made friends with him, and he never bothered me again.
Funny how stuff like this is so easy and straight forward when you’re young, it takes a lot more effort for me to confront my fears these days.

the first dream i ever remembered was when i was like five years old, i was at my grandmothers farm whan ghosts came flying from everywhere and started eating the live stock …

:aww: thats cool you remembered not to be afraid the next time.

Yeah, pity it’s not so easy these days!

I also remember having a dream when I was quite young that I actually had two mothers - one being my real mother and the other a twin (but with a different hair style). This really scared me quite a bit, and I told my parents and grandparents about it. People really seem to care about your dreams when you’re a kid, especially if they upset you. But if you’re an adult and you have really bad dreams they’re kinda like “meh, get over it already”.

I used to have this dream over and over when I was very young, about 4 or 5, and then I had it once again a few years later and after that it stopped. It’s probably the dream I remember best, it used to disturb me really badly. At this time I was living alone with my mom. Anyway the dream:

My mom and I had heard of some guy who had been kidnapped. He was quite old and had a white beard and hair, I knew he was a kind person and we had to save him. The captor was a thin man with black hair, he looked kind of like a vampire. We travelled to the house where they both were, it looked like one of those crappy haunted houses you get in theme parks. It was night and raining, and we were standing outside the house. We saw the man with the white beard out safely, I don’t remember going inside the house at all. Then… We found the ‘evil’ man had cursed a group of chickens, he’d turned them into brown chicken legs (the kind you’d eat) with one eye. We covered the chicken legs with a cardboard box that had a piece of string tied around it and dragged the box home in the pouring rain. When we got inside the house it was day and the box had disappeared. There were three girls on our stairs, one of them had a pot of that farting putty stuff. My mom walked up to them and they pushed her back down and she landed on her coat at the bottom. I asked her if she was ok, and she said yes. I knew she really was ok but I remember feeling very worried that she was going to die. I then woke up.

It’s stupid and very childlike I know, but this dream used to scare the living daylights out of me. I think I watched too much TV at that age or something…

I can see how that would be scary TLC! Are your username and this dream a crazy coincidence?

I just now remembered a recurring dream I used to have when I was young - I would always dream that I’m walking into the laundry, and behind the door is a perfect model of the Earth. It was about the size of a basketball, and the freaky thing is it’s not just a model - it’s actually a little squishy like jelly, and I always got the feeling that it was the actual Earth itself. The feeling that I could damage the Earth just by holding it in my hands was always very scary, as though there were some sort of black magic involved. It was almost sickening, but in a way that I find it difficult to describe - somewhere in the back of my mind there’s an analogy to maggots on a dead animal… :eh:

Lol, I just noticed that after I posted the reply. My username means something entirely different.

Heh, I might change my name to “SoftYetSquishyJellyLikeEarthBall”

That’s a little freaky, I used to dream quite a lot about my grandmother’s farm also, and there were always a lot of ufo’s (of many sizes) crashing onto her front lawn.

I suppose it comes with age, No matter what dream you have they expect you be hard as nails and forget about it. No matter how traumatic it was.

For sure it’s an unfair expectation when it does exist. One of my uni assignments I researched the link between nightmare frequency and mental health, there’s a definate correlation between the frequency and intensity in nightmares and mental well being and a lot of supporting research to boot.