EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 131
The Spirit of Giving XIV

The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part II

Author  Message 
xiuying

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

hello all! i started reading up about this stuff last night on wikipedia and then on this forum, although i had heard about the subject before.

anyway here's what happened to me last night:

i went to bed around 1am, and must have fallen asleep by about 1:30am. i had set my alarm clock for 6am so i could wake up and write down anything i remembered in the hope of identifying dream signals.

i woke up at 6. at first i didn't think i'd been dreaming at all. but then i realised i had, although just a simple dream where i was in a shop trying to buy something and the shopkeeper was an old teacher of mine who kept trying to stop me by asking me to put the things back on the shelf. so i wrote this down on my pad and fell back asleep (can't have been more than about 20 minutes later.)

then the real fireworks began. i can't properly recall in which order things happened but i must have had several different dreams, or one really long dream that kept changing characters/location (i'm not really sure of the definition). here are a few of the things that happened:

i was in my room and saw my friend outside through the window. although i'm pretty sure that by this point i knew i was dreaming i can't remember what the trigger was that caused me to become lucid, but because i think i was, i "brought" my friend in through the window, which smashed. he asked me what the hell i was doing, to which i replied, "it's ok, i'm dreaming", which seemed to calm him down. smile

i had quite a few false awakenings; 4, 5 or 6 maybe. in some of these, unrecogniseable faces would appear out of thin air and start advancing towards me one by one, and when i put my hand out in front of me i could feel warmth when they touched me, before they disappeared.

in another false awakening, i saw another of my friends in the room opposite mine, then i started to go downstairs. however, i then saw that same friend coming up the stairs towards me, which caused me to push out at him and he fell down the stairs. i went down and apologised to him. he seemed fine, begrudgingly accepted the apology and went upstairs while i was left downstairs. don't think i was lucid here.

i remember when i eventually did properly wake up at around 1:30pm i checked my pad and the only thing i had written down was the stuff i dreamed about before i woke up at 6am. i had remembered seeing a lot more written down, like a side and a half of the pad, and actually remembered writing it too. so that must all have been done during false awakenings because there was only 4 or 5 lines of writing when i really woke up. this means i've only written about approximately half the scenarios that i dreamed about here, because that's all i could remember and wrote down when i really did wake up.

i have another few clear memories of lucidness but am not really sure what triggered me to be lucid in either case. one time i was in a car with someone who looked like beyoncé :D driving around listening to dr. dre.

another time i was on a train full of people i'd never met. i announced that i was dreaming and they were all figments of my imagination, and they turned towards me in disbelief, questioning it. i then went around slapping a few of them in the face.

i can't remember in any of the cases if i was lucid how i recognised i was dreaming in the first place, although i'm pretty sure i did. i seem to recall checking the time, looking away, and then checking it again at certain points though. i didn't really have a massive amount of control over what was happening when i was lucid though, it was more that my brain was throwing scenarios at me that i was able to recognise i was lucid in, but not really able to change all that much about. for example, in the train i was able to recognise i was lucid but nobody really believed me and i felt i had to prove it to them. and my friend coming through the window, i'm pretty sure that part of the dream ended right there, because i couldn't recall anything after it.

so to those of you much more experienced than i with LDs, does it sound like i was lucid at any of these points to you? if so, hoorah! siiw

Johan
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

xiuying wrote:
to which i replied, "it's ok, i'm dreaming"

xiuying wrote:
i announced that i was dreaming and they were all figments of my imagination

Sounds like lucidity to me :D

xiuying wrote:
i didn't really have a massive amount of control over what was happening when i was lucid though, it was more that my brain was throwing scenarios at me that i was able to recognise i was lucid in, but not really able to change all that much about. for example, in the train i was able to recognise i was lucid but nobody really believed me and i felt i had to prove it to them. and my friend coming through the window, i'm pretty sure that part of the dream ended right there, because i couldn't recall anything after it.

Lack of control is normal in the beginning. Being lucid means being aware you are dreaming and learning to control is something that can be added to your lucidity but does not define lucidity. Also, don't believe DCs they are usually talking nonsense

Ryane
O_o
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 06 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

OK heres the dream I had the other night.
Bear in mind I havent been trying to LD at all.

I'm running down a giant corridor, almost a church, its lit reasonably well(I could describe further, its quite detailed, down to the pattern on the floor). Suddenly, i realise, "Hey! Im dreaming this isnt real!" for no apparent reason. But I keep running, because the thing behind me will catch me, then I turn to look over my shoulder at it, and awaken.

It was almost like I knew I was dreaming yet still thought it was real.

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

Hi DarkRyNo.

You knew (if only for an instant) that it was a dream, thus it was a LD. It was probably low level awareness, so you forgot about it. That's why you need to stay focussed once you realize you are dreaming.

Ryane
O_o
Novice dreamer

I didn't feel completely in control. It was kinda like I couldn't control what I was thinking or doing. A really strange feeling, I knew I was dreaming but I couldn't think about it kinda because too much stuff was going on and I was concentrating on running.

MiTcHy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Hi all smile ,
The other night i was having a really weird dream, and i couldnt put my finger onwhat was so odd, then i realised to myself that i must be dreaming. I then ran a few metres then woke up. But i actually didnt wake up, it was a FA!! Later on in the dream, i couldnt tell why things were weird again, so i did a reality check. I looked at my hands and counted 10 fingers. Then i said to myself "10 fingers..... but i am dreaming i know it!" Then all of a sudden a bright white light appeared, surrounded by darkness with black shapes of the tops halves of two people on the sides talking. Then i was drawn closer to the light and i could feel myself waking up. I wanted to shout out "lucidity times 1000", but i was too much awake and thought it would come out my real mouth. Just after that i woke up.
Also i could only remember those parts, and no parts of the actual weird dreams.....
Was this an LD whatsthat ???

Sandra has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
Wolfgame

PostPosted: Tue 11 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Yes Mitchboy78 yes It sounds as a LD to me ^^
Too bad it didn't last for lang, and you woke up after you realized it... (first FA and then real)

Congratulations ^^

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Congrats Mitchboy78! applaus They were 2 LD's. Too bad they were so short... neutral But first LD's are often short, you'll probably have longer LD's soon! smile

MiTcHy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

They were really LD's??!! COOL grin ! thanks for that guys! :D

lukemc
lukedreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 16 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Hello
I had quite a strange dream last night. I was in my bedroom and thier where dream characters in thier that I believed to be my parents and they where saying that thier where bugs placed in thier by intellegence agencies to spy on us and i had to be careful what I said. At that point I started to question weather it was a dream or reality and then realised it was a dream but then the dreamscape collapsed and it was like i was blind but I knew I was dreaming so I started spinning as I have heared that this can help you control LDs and get your visuals back. Then I moved towards my front door and tried to fly out but I could here my parents call me back and my mum said-as a DC in the dream (even though i was still dreaming of course!) that I should not be doing that because it may not be a dream so if I dart out the frount door I risk hurting or killing myself by going into the traffic on our road. Then I had an argument with my mum in the dream, I believe I could have had multiple fasle awakenings and then woke up for real a bit puzzled. Any explinations for this? Was this a dream where I became lucid but I lost lucidity because I was not concentrating enough? Or was this a false LD or something like that? If this is a true lucid is this a DILD? I have had a few intresting LDs in the past but recently when I have become lucid in my dreams i have been blind and I have lost my visuals and have to spin to get any visuals at all and I could not gain control. Please help me on this
best regards
Luke

Xetrov
Nonexist
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 16 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Hi Lukemc.

Yes it was a DILD. Yet it was a bit low level awareness, more concenration could help indeed. Keep reminding yourself that, once you realise you are in a dream! The fact that your mom asked "hey what if this is not a dream" should have been a pointer for you to think "right, then this has to be a dream" tounge2. But don't worry this happens to the best of us tounge2. Also the multiple FA's is something you could use to become lucid again, get into the habit of doing a RC when you wake up. And about losing visuals, spinning can indeed help, but so does stubbornly continuing the dream, after a few minutes sometimes the visuals come back (at least this is what happens to me sometimes). Good luck with it smile.

MiTcHy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 23 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Hi again, :D
Last night was really weird. I went to sleep listening to a recording form the Simple Audio aided lucid dreaming experiment. I went to bed at about 11:15, so i set my alarm for 5:30 to do a WBTB. I woke up, and normally i would go back to sleep cause im too tired, but this morning i stayed up for an hour or so looking at some LD notes. I tried getting back to sleep at about 6:15, listnening to the recording again. I then had a really weird dream involving Futurama imatations and my friends. And i was sliding around the floor on my backside when i heard the recording and instantly knew i was dreaming, i then got a really cool feeling of power. Then something really weird happened. All went black and i started shaking really bad, then i had this enourmous amount of pressure on my chest pushing me down. But i thought i may have been going into an OBE, so i focused on trying to be able to see, which i found supprisingly easy, cause i was shaking like i had never before. I wasnt successful in regaining my sight, and then i think i was still dreaming and it felt like i was rolling on my bed. But then i tried to jump out of my body into an OOBE, but it just woke me up sadblauw . This was about 1/2 an hour later (6:45).
I then went back to sleep, once again listening to the recording, and had another dream. In this dream there were rescue missions and Futurama again. Then everyone around me shattered into glass, and the big spaceship was flying away. I grabbed onto a random tire swing that was connected to it and started flying around with it. I then heard the recording again and yelled "IM DREAMING" and had that feeling of power again. But everything was black once again aswell sadblauw but i could feel myself swinging in the tire swing heaps and i was yelling "WOOHOO" and having a massive feeling of fun. I also felt the wind against me which was weird, cause i couldnt really see anything. I think my tire swing then crashed and i then had a FA. Which was really weird becasue i was in my room exactly how it is. I then looked at my clock just to see the time, and it said 8:4(weird symbol) but i didnt really think on it. Then there was really large noodle cup on the ground and i was like "hang on. I had this in my dream.... then..." i was about to say "then i must be dreaming again." But i woke up after the then. And btw that noodle cup was in my dream at somepoint.
This was one of the most confusing and best nights ever eh
I was wondering if there is an explanation as to what happened????And if those were LD's whatsthat cause im really confused eh
Hoping for help,
Mitch

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Mon 24 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Hi MiTcHy!
Yes, they looked like LD's. And I think there is no special explanation to what happened, cause LD's are often weird. About shaking, chest pressure and "black void", they are quite typical signs of a WILD, though you were DILD'ing, but it may happen when you are in a state in which you're half aware of your dream and half aware of your body.

MiTcHy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Cool ^^ siiw Thanks tonnes for that Basilus West grin

kitkat_neko
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct, 2005  Reply with quote

Hello everyone, newbie here!

I've been reading ld4all for several days now, ever since a friend tipped me to the wikibook about Lucid Dreaming and I followed a link to here. ^^ I've allways read about dreaming, lucid dreaming, and the such, but I've only been tracking my dreams in paper/net (and not just in my nmind) ever since reading that wikibook...
I've been half-trying to have an LD for about 5-6 days or so, first time actually reading on it a lot before bed, then I sort of gave up when the second day it didn't work. After that I started falling asleep thinking I just had to remember my dreams, and have been recalling at least 3 a night (so far, anyway) with a WBTB technique that just... comes natural. I don't even read about lucidity when I get up, just go to the bathroom and go back to bed to sleep. ^^

I wasn't particularly trying to have an LD at all tonight, but I think I did anyway.
Now, after reading this topic, I've come to the conclusion what I had last night (or should I say this morning) was actually an LD (I still have slight doubts though).-
I'll just copy up what I typed on my journal:

Quote:
Apparently I was sort of waking up, as I could hear my sister moving about getting ready for work. I really really didn’t want to wake up, seeing as I had woken shortly before that. I seem to ’see’ or feel her close the door to the bedroom, probably because of the light so I could sleep, and that’s where it gets freaky.(I’m thinking the closing the door thing was probably a way for the dream not to ’see’ what was outside my bedroom and realize the FA right away).

I’m -sure- I open my eyes. The room seems a bit of an odd shade of… darker than usual, but that’s not quite odd to me. I get up, though I don’t really remember doing so exactly. I see some money where I usually leave it on a drawer stand, but it’s not as I left it. Which is impossible considering I have OCD and the possition that was in would freak me out, as it was easily placed to drag and accidentally throw to the ground if someone bumped on the drawer stand.

Something tips me off, though I’m not sure what it is. I suddenly think I really need to make a reality check! So I look down at my hands and press a finger to my palm. I feel myself frown as the RC doesn’t quite work, BUT…… it feels weird. Different than when I did it IRL (as if the finger -wanted- to go through, but I wouldn’t let it, probably because it’d feel creepy). So I just look at my hands for a moment. Suddenly it seems to click on me. “Hey… my right hand has… ” and counting I got to nine fingers (I didn’t seem to be able to count by just looking the first time, so I had to touch each finger, probably because I didn’t want to believe my eyes). It freaked me out a little (specially when all ‘felt’ real), but it was just a split second, as I went “can’t be!” and looked again. Didn’t count, but it was obviously more than normal. Again: Six. Looked again. Five, but my left hand had seven. I decided it was better to stop looking, else I’d freak out again.

I looked at the money again, doubtful. I was still hesitating. Was I actually having a lucid dream?? I decided to test it out, but apparently a bill with coins on top of it was too big for me to move with my mind. I tried hand gestures to help (five fingers! I hope… ) and that didn’t help. So I tried with a 0.10 cents coin, which is fairly small, and I could move it with just my thought! I ended up getting the coins into place, but somehow the bill I wasn’t sure how to make move.
I decide to shrug that aside, and suddenly I’m standing -on- my bed.

I’m looking around, the room suddenly more bright in lightning. I’m like “Well! I took control of my dream! What the can I do now?!” I think… and think.. and think…. and nothing comes to mind. What a waste!
So I decide to cut by the healthy. “Let’s summon someone.”
At saying that I swore I could hear my mom talking to someone outside the room, which is impossible considering she’s dead, and no one was home anyway to be having a conversation. I shake my ehad to that, which makes it go away, and think “she’s not the one I wanted to summon.”

I look before me and try with all my might to summon Gravel (a RP character of mine… hey, it’s a dream, he could perfectly well be there, and was the first that popped into my mind!). I try perhaps too hard, because I sense something, but nothing happens. I think “okay, maybe I can try to fly.” But knew that was a bit unlikely to happen on your first lucid dream. So instead I jump. Indeed the jump works as I had read some would on an RC. I slowly rose up, and hovered a bit in the air. It was freaking me out that I was taking a biiiit more than it was comfortable to me for going down, so I ‘made’ myself go back down. I remember the small feeling of starting to fall down, though just realized I was already standing after thinking it. Fairly cool.Creepy, but cool. I think what else to do, but no idea comes to mind anymore (not that it did before. Boy is it hard to think straight in your dreams).

Frustrated, and not knowing what to do, I went with the next most popular thing I read on ld4all: Sex. Sure, they said you’d more than likely wake up because of the feeling, but… maybe if I focused on that all else would change.
It did help. I thought “I’d like Gackt (the singer) to appear!” (first that popped into mind as I had been talking about him during the evening). Before I could finish saying it, I’m in some odd sort of public bathroom (with a really cool yellowish theme going on), and Gackt walks through the door! I’m like “What am I doing here? Oh, who cares. GACKT!”
Boy am I pathetic. Well, at this, a couple times already I had felt like I would wake up, so just in case I rubbed my hands toghether, at least 2-3 times by now… and it seemed to work as I kept dreaming.,.. or maybe I wasn’t waking at all. Who knows?

Anyway…. I walk to gackt, and he seems to know me/be cool with me. In fact, he’s the one that’s all over me before I can try anything! Not that I’m complaining.
Halfway through trying to kiss me, his face changes to Hide (another singer I had been talking about the past evening). He was saying something on why was I pulling back and if I preferred Hide to him.
Oookay.
Eventually he (Gackt, looking like Gackt) pulls back, and Hide appears aswell. Now they both want to get down with me (but do nothing this time, we just talk a little), and I don’t want to, lol, damn dream fixated with me getting some.
Then a random old guy appears and moves to wash his hands, and we 3 are like “who the heck invited you?” and then his wife appears in what we -knew- was the man’s room and we looked at her aswell like that and like “What’s a woman doing HERE?” (Note: I -was- a woman/myself in this dream, so I don’t know what the point of that was… )
Well, I don’t really remember if something else happened. I know I rubbed my hands toghether somewhere through that and they didn’t think it was strange, heh. Not like it was cold or anything.

I decide I had enough of two J-rockers trying to get on my pants and since I don’t know what else to do with my dream I might aswell wake up. So, according to that, my dream changes back to my bedroom. I stand there, willing myself to wake up, but it won’t work! I freak out a little. I don’t want to dream anymore! (note that freak out means basically get a bit desperate/scared, but just stand there calmly and with a perplexed expression). I remember another thing said on the ld4all forums, and lay down in my bed to sleep. I try to will myself into waking up, but it won’t work.
I knew this wasn’t reality. Reality don’t swap places and certanly not change how many fingers you have. I close my eyes, which still doesn’t wake me… and after a moment I finally seem to drift off.

That’s when I open my eyes.
Boy was I relieved that I woke/upset that I wasted most of my LD. tounge1

Actually, rubbing my hands toghether in the dream hurted a little, for some reason. The rest of the feelings just felt real…. but odd. Particularly those made by RCs.

So, that was a LD, right? Did it felt like a normal dream when I woke up just because I was on low lucidity level? eh
And why couldn't I move the money with my thought? That sure pissed me off. cry I knew I should be able to but couldn't! Same with summoning the character...

And what I'm -really- curious about is: Why did my hands hurt when rubbing them? whatsthat

Thanks for reading!

Edit: I had to keep reminding myself this was a dream when my dream automatically changed something without my consentment. ^^

print