The BIG meditation as a LD Aid topic

Well, there are lots of meditations. What type did you really have in mind, if any?

Also, I was wondering, where would you get one of these crystals, and how expensive are they? Oh, and how big would they have to be?

somebody said crystals? :happy:

I buy mine mostly on ebay :content:

we also have a crystal topic here

for meditating clear quartz and amethyst are good, but you can meditate with any crystal/stone; it depends on what you want to do. Crystals each have their own unique energies that work on different levels. In the crystal topic are some links to sites with more explanation about the different kinds of crystals.

I just read about zazen meditation, it sounds good. Does anyone here to it?

I don’t like to think of Zazen as meditation for reasons I’d not like to get into (again) but yes, I tried is a few times. It’s not the stuff for me, though. I have a link to a site all about Zazen, though.

Link, well, adress tis HERE! Well, down there VVVVVV.

mro.org/zmm/meditation/

Hope that helps, if you haven’t already read everything the internet has to offer about it, Steve.

I haven’t read a lot of returns about meditation induced lucid dreams. On a buddhist sangha forum, there was only one people who have had a lucid dream. He asked what it was to the others, who couldn’t answer.

I’ve read that site already (I think it was Fadem who posted it) but thanks CZChilla. I think this method takes a lot of practice, but it sounds good so i’ll keep trying it (unless someone knows of a better method).

Really? Seems a little odd considering tibetan monks use meditation and lucid dreaming (I’m certain I read a credible source about monks using lucid dreaming). I guess a lot of people dabble in meditation without doing a great deal of research into it.
I’ve meditated on and off for the past seven years, more so over the past 6 months (almost every night). I have to say that I haven’t noticed an increase in my lucid dream frequency, though that’s not to say that if I set my intentions in that direction it wouldn’t work. I meditate to achieve a calm, centred personality, as opposed to using it as a vehicle for increasing ld’s. That being said, I do give myself strong messages at the end of my meditation sessions to recognise when I am dreaming. Doesn’t appear to have had great results so far.

This book https://www.windhorsepublications.com/CartV2/Details.asp?ProductID=366 is my bible, and details some fantastic buddhist techniques known as the brahma viharas, which basically set the intention to increase what is known as loving-kindness (basically compassion, happiness, patience and content). I think the most important thing to do if you’re just starting out on meditation is to find a good book with some practical and well set out techniques which you can follow, while providing essential background to those techniques.

Personally I have become friendlier, more open and kind hearted, more relaxed (socially), and just more content and happy. It’s amazing how much difference 30 minutes of meditation every day can make to your life - but, as always, only if you set the right intentions before each session!

I can’t say that t would be better to, but I’m going to keep dabbling in different types of meditation. Tonight I’m doing a Daydream type meditation (will elaborate on if you like) while last night I was using my ‘kick-hole’ mantra. All I know is that if you read up on something that seem appealing to you, do that instead, because forcing yourself to do another night or two of one meditation while desiring to do another is rather counter productive.

About the Monks, I haven’t read anything, but I’m sure they would have known and utilized, or at the very least just know about some sect of Lucid Dreaming. I haven’t read anything, again, so I wouldn’t know.

Yeah, I’m certain I read about monks never actually losing consciousness when they fall asleep, but that they slide into their dreams much like WILD’ing.

It was the Dharmaling tibetan buddhism sangha. I asked there which tibetan buddhist schools were teaching LD’ing and a moderator, who was certainly a monk, told me that…

But some LD’ers I know through internet and who practice tibetan meditation with a rinpoche from the Kagyu tradition (the one which is supposed to be the more interested in LD’ing) told me that their teacher probably doesn’t practice LD’ing (or doesn’t practice a lot). That’s why I suppose that meditation alone doesn’t provoke LD’s, and you have to set your intention in LD’ing if you want to have LD’s.

Moreover there are lots of meditations. I quite sure some of them won’t give you lucid dreams. I’ve practiced meditation during two years without having a LD.

I’m quite sure MOST won’t , alone, induce lucid dreaming, But I’m saying that meditations (focus meditations) would help alot while trying to improve your LD skills, because Meditation increases focus.

Meditation enhances focus, which allows you to use LD techniques more easily, for many of them require focus.

||||

By the way, I didn’t get to try the technique out last night, for I dozed of on the couch, watching tv and never woke up after that. Oh well though, I’ll try it sunday (Chilla doesn’t realy sleep much on fridays and saturdays. Or at all, really. (Hello old hag syndrom!))

Didn’t get to try it last night either. I fell asleep meditating. Stupid soothing Mantra.

||||

Well, anyway, I’m going to try and post a few methods of meditation that might work for some people, starting in my next post.

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … &&start=15

That’s a foorm of meditation that I don’t think has previosuly been used or is documented. The CDILD method is pretty much the whole meditation, just done on the back, not at late night when you’d be used to going to sleep, and with different intentions. I’ll write of something for for my Sinking Meditation, which is pretty much steps 1 -4 of my post about CDILDing in the link above. I’ll elborate more about the state of mind and what you’ll feel and such, though. And, if I feel like it, I’ll also elaborate on the Energy Flow Meditation which is derived from something I read about in some thing…

Oooh, something something, I feel my interest peaking already! :wink:

Well, I don’t remember exactly where it was, but it was sort of like an energy control technique which I do have the site to.

home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/Wingmakers … 0Flow.html

Similar to the first method of that page in a few vague ways, I’ll elaborate on the actual Method later, But I don’t have time to now.

I liked the link you provided on page 1 Chilla, but the one above seems a little… fluffy? yeah fluffy.
In fact the link about Zazen I think is very similar to that which I practice, almost identical in fact. It may be that I’m practicing Zazen without even realising it.

You can believe you are actually moving energy or whatever you like, but the whole exercise is just for concentration…Well, the one in the link above is for energy control, but what I use it for is just a concentration type meditation. Concentration/ visualization, actually. I’ll post what I do (which is based on the link above) in more detail.

what about using binaural beats to bring our consciousness down to a meditative state?

Hmm. I’m not quite sure waht you mean, Steve. Partly because I don’t know what binural beats are. Would you like to elaborate? You got me all interested.

The monks in the Tibetan Buddihst temple that I volunteered in told me that every “enlightened” person goes through the same “meditation” process np matter wher they are from. First its is single point concentration, than Vipassan meditation, than you just stop because your mind is already “enlightened” enough so you don’t need to meditate.

First you need to start at single point concentration meditations. Techniques such as Zen or Shamata.

What to do after that, I cannot tell you. All I know is that you have to be able to sit in Shamata properly for an hour or more. And that is somethig that I haven’t achived yet. The max I sat at was 40 mins, while most days 30 to 20 mins.

Also, there is Tibetan dream Yoga. I know that it involves using imagination. I need to try the technicalities of it.