Chilla's Book of SESSIONS and ETC.

Yes, meditation sessions, that is. While I was listening to some kick hole Joe Satriani guitar solos, I had a thought. And IDEA. And here I am. I thought it would be cool to catalog my meditations - things like the technique I used on a certain day and an estimation of how long I maintained focus before first focus break And what feelings I felt at the end of each session. So…yeah. First entries start in the next post.

I’ll also be typing goals and doing some intention settings and things of that nature.

P.S. This is kind of more for me, and not for anyone else. As a matter of fact, it will be wholey uninteresting to the average person.

This is from yesterday’s seesion.

Date: Saturday, November 5, 2005
Start Time: 9:30am
Duration: Fifteen minutes
Method: Conscious Daydream
Length of complete focus: Fifteen minutes
Feelings: None
Noticed Facial Expressions: None
Comments: I only broken concentration because I had to go to the bathroom real bad like.

Start Time: 9:50am
Duration: Thirty five minutes
Method: Conscious Daydream
Length of complete focus: Thirty five minutes
Feelings: Happiness…?
Noticed Facial Expressions: Furrowed brow, partially tensed face, like when you’re trying to concentrate very hard like.
Comments: The longest time I’ve maintained complete focus during meditation yet.

Date: Sunday, November 6, 2005
Start Time: 3:54
Duration: Ten minutes
Method: Sinking Meditation
Length of complete focus: Ten minutes
Comments: Very reviving, and, it cooled me down because I was hot running around. completely lost feeling in hands and feet, and partially lost it in forearms. Never lost the sound of the cars going by my house, and I still don’t know what type of meditation I’d use to do that…

Date: Tuesday, November 8, 2005
Start Time: 8:00pm
Duration: Eighteen Minutes
Method: Breathing Meditation
Length of complete focus: Pretty much all (lost focus a few times, but nothing real big, a minute or two tops, in total.)
Comments: I have noticed that during the meditation, I completely loose awareness of my hands, fore-forearms (no typo), head (no face), and feet, and that is ckind of neat. Also, I don’t think this means anything, but this time, and a few times last week I’ve been listenng to this CD to lock out backround noises that is eighteen minutes long, and each time, I’ve decided to end my meditation session just seconds before the CD ends. Neat. Anyway, yeah, A good refreshing session.

Well then I must also be completely uninteresting (or not an average person??) as I think it’s a good idea to record your meditation sessions. You actually lose sensation of your limbs? I never have that, at my best I fall into a sensational void devoid of all thought - and yet humming with a vibrant and positive energy. One thought though, be careful not to set yourself up to expect a certain result from your meditations through keeping this journal. From what I’ve read and understand of meditation (I don’t claim to be an expert), we’re supposed to meditate while aiming to avoid expectation of what we may feel or experience, in effect striving to keep a ‘beginners mind’ attitude, and staying open to new experiences and whatever the session may present us with… I’m sure you already know this anyway.

Keep up the session entries, I may even start my own :tongue:

Thank you, I will, and no, not really all sensation, if you poked is, I’d feel it, but it’s very numb. And upon saying that, actually, I do sort of lose sensation, because when my index fnger and thumb meet, after a while, I don’t feel the contact between the two of them. meditates with arms extend to the sides a bit with the palms facing up

Anyway, thank you, I will keep it up, and encourage you to start you own!

Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2005
Start Time: 9:00pm ISH?
Duration: Eighteen Minutes
Method: Third Eye Chakra Meditation/Intention Setting Meditation (from the SUN-EYE method.)
Length of complete focus: Eep, let’s see…Eight minutes, regaioned after about three, lost after four more, then never regained untill the end of the CD.
Feelings: Tiredness
Noticed Facial Expressions: Raised Eyebrows (just because of the type of meditation where you look at your forehead and set certain intentions).
Comments: It was right before bed and I was tired, so It was very difficult to maintain concentration. Also, the first meditation in about a week. Don’t know why I stopped so long. Eh, No harm.

Date: November 14, 2005.
Comments: I wouldn’t exactly call what I did meditation. It was sort of the opposite. I sat in bed as if I were meditating, but just swamped in semi conscious though. I couldn’t decide which meditation to do.

Date: Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Start Time: 8:10pm
Duration: Eleven minutes
Method: Mantra Meditation
Length of complete focus: Oh, five minutes?
Comments: I breathe deeply the way I do in sync with the mantra, so always seem to be carried off in thought when I use a mantra. Sinking meditations are much more fun ANYWAY.

Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Start Time: 3:00pm-ish
Duration: Eleven Minutes
Method: Breathing meditation
Length of complete focus: Short. maybe four minutes at best.
Feelings: That sketchy feeling like you aren’t accomplishing anything. Yeah, that one.
Comments: None.

Start Time: 8:45pm
Duration: Fourteen minutes
Method: Third Eye Concentartion in combination with a mantra
Length of complete focus: Thirteen Minutes, I’d say.
Feelings: Accomplishment.
Body: Tense at first, then within a minute I ‘flattened’ out.
Comments: I’m nopt sure what this was, but a little more than half way through, I noticed that the spot on my forehead (Third Eye) had kind of a cold feeling numbness to it. I can only speculate, but I’m guessing that’s a good thing.

Sorry, I’ve been meditating alot, but I don’t have the time to update this.