is this the start??

Hi, I only found this site last & only dedcided last night that I would try n’ have lucid dreams!
I do remember tho, that I used to have them all the time when I was a kid! :crazy:
Anyway before I went to bed last night I wrote on a peice of paper saying ‘I will have a lucid dream’ & signed it n’ put it under my pillow.
I made myself aware of when I was slipping in to sleep! :sleep:
When I was asleep I don’t remember much apart from thinking to myself several times that ‘This is a lucid dream’ (ain’t got a clue if it was or not). I also remember lying in my bed & seeing my room several times in the night, it felt like I was really awake, but I’m not sure if I was?. I couldn’t help but look around my room (but kept thinking… stop looking or your going to see something that you don’t want to see!).
The main dream I had was a really lovely dream, it’s something that I know couldn’t happen in my waking life! Can’t remember much tho!
Anyway that’s it really & I know it sounds like nothing, but this was my first attempt, do you think it could be the start of my lucid dream adventure! Thanks Sarah x.

To me that sounds like you’re well on your way. I’m not sure if that was a LD (personally I find them so remarkable and nearly impossible to miss,) then congratulations! but keep trying in hopes of another one or maybe a higher level of lucidity.

If you’re not sure whether you experienced a LD or not, I would suggest that you had a low-level lucidity dream (it was still “Lucid” as you realized it was a dream, but the dream itself did not become as vivid or clear/clearer as RL.)

Anyway, congratulations :happy:

srh,
sounds like you had some false awakenings there. There’s a simple way to find out. Next time you think you may be awake do this reality check: Pinch your nose shut with your thumb and finger.
If you can still breathe through your closed nose you are dreaming. This is the most effective reality check - try it. It works every time. Happy lucidity!

Hi Sarah!
It sounds like those dreams were almost lucid. As nickspry said, you have to perform reality checks in your dreams if you want to verify them to be dreams or not.