@sealife: Dreaming for the Culture

[size=150][color=indigo]Overtone Moon: [/color][color=red]Active Dreaming for the Culture[/color][/size]

To participate in this Sealife Project, enter here

[color=darkblue]Author/s: [/color][color=darkred]Ron Adams (Sunwolf)[/color]
[color=darkblue]Last Edit: [/color][color=darkred]Self-existing Moon, Kali 25. Kin 212: Yellow Self-existing Human. Yellow Cosmic Seed Year[/color]

[color=indigo]Each moon, at the [size=134]Star Foundation [/size]Sea Life and First Earth Dreaming School forums, we run a fun mutual dreaming adventure or research project to learn more about our world, and the evolutionary path before ourselves, and our planet. During the Overtone Moon, we’ll be psychic investigators working in discovering and uncovering Active Dreaming for the Culture[/color]

[size=117][color=darkred]13 Moon Calendar[/color][/size]

[color=darkblue]The 13 Moon Calendar presents a new way of moving through time, based around the simple, natural rhythm of 13 Moons of 28 Days. Additional information about the movement is available at the home of the World Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement. More monthly pictures and the option to order a calendar, can be found in our 13 Moon Calendar: Journey of the Peace Train.[/color]

[size=117][color=darkred]Active Dreaming for the Culture[/color][/size]
[color=darkblue][b]This moon’s project was sparked by two articles I read in ASD DREAMTIME MAGAZINE, on Culture Dreaming: “The Infinite Possibilities of Transforming Thinking Through Social Dreaming.” by W. Gordon Lawrence and “Inside the Dreaming: Experiencing A Matrix” by Meredith Sabini.

“Social Dreaming is the name given to a method of working with dreams that are shared and associated within a gathering of people, coming together for this purpose.”

“Social Dreaming At Work”, a book by W. Lawrence Gordon[/color][/b]

[b]Lawrence Gordon writes of Two Achievements of Social Dreaming:
“1. Social dreaming inducts the participants into the social unconscious, and the infinite. (The Matrix carries the connotation of a place out of which something is born.)

1. Social dreaming inducts participants into the phenomenal experience of transforming thinking.”

Carl Jung once wrote that he believed that the individual dreams just as much for the culture as for their own personal development. It is my hope, and my intuitive feeling, that this is uncharted territory; an addition to the quest for lucidity, conscious dreaming, and dream healing.[/b]

[b]Sabini writes “Curious about the Social Dreaming Matrix?” “When the matrix gets under way, these concerns tend to fade, as dreams take center stage. The dreams as “yours” or “mine” isn’t the focus; the group process isn’t the focus nor are there “leaders.” Only the Dreaming.”

She goes on to say: “The Social Dreaming Matrix is a unique cultural form not like anything else, a true adventure into the Unknown…

Imagine something at the edge of your comfort zone that you’ve been wanting to try—perhaps trekking in the Himalayas or singing in a gospel choir, or going on a wilderness quest or silent meditation retreat.”

“When the librarian at the Jung Institute showed me Gordon Lawrence’s anthology, Experiences in Social Dreaming, I felt I’d come upon the method I’d been trying to envision for a long time. Lawrence manages to combine ancient dream wisdom traditions, an understanding of unconscious group dynamics, and a deep reverence for the integrity of the life process that manifests in everyone.”[/b]

Kore Kist wrote this about the Matrix in a recent discussion we had over at her dream journal in Dream Team 4:

[/i][/b]
Here is my dream that kicks off this Dreaming for the Culture project.

[b]Sunwolf’s dream

[size=117][color=darkred]Questions[/color][/size]

[color=red]1. Do you put more importance to something you’ve dreamed about than something you thought up in waking life?[/color]

[color=blue]2. Do you believe it is possible to go back to events like 911 and re-enter the dream and discover more aspects to this event?[/color]

[color=red]3. What cultural issues would you want to dream about?[/color]

[color=blue]4. Do you have a dream to share that you believe was more about the culture you live in than about you personally? (if yes, please post)[/color]

[color=red]5. What do you think or feel the potential of Active Dreaming for the Culture might present us with?[/color]

[color=red]6. Any additonal comments or insights that you wish to make on what cultural insights you’ve been dreaming of? (Go ahead, say what you wish)[/color]

[size=117][color=darkred]Links[/color][/size]

The International Association for the Study of Dreams.
Members of the International Association for the Study of Dreams
ASD E-study Groups

[/color]

To participate in this Sealife Project, enter here[/b]