LD4all Quest #2: Overtone Moon: Transform into an animal

LD4all Quest #2: Overtone Moon: Transform into an animal

[color=darkblue]Author: pasQuale

Each moon, on LD4all we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

The Quest for Overtone Moon is: Transform into an animal[/color]

13 Moon Calendar

The 13 Moon Calendar presents a new way of moving through time, based around the simple, natural rhythm of 13 Moons of 28 Days. Additional information about the movement is available at the home of the World Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement. More monthly pictures and the option to order a calendar, can be found in our 13 Moon Calendar: Journey of the Peace Train.

Transform into an animal

This Moons project was suggested by Siiw in the Quest Suggestion Topic.

In your next LD:

• Try to transform into an animal
  • Experience your surroundings through the senses of your chosen animal
  • If possible, try to transform into different animals and note the difference in experience.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest
  • Already decide on what kind of animal you would like to transform. This makes it easier to do it when you become lucid; otherwise you might remember the quest but have no idea into what animal you want to change, and lose lucidity.
  • Decide what aspect of the animal you would like to experience. for example: firebreathing and flying as a dragon - This is also to make it easier to actually do it once you are lucid.
  • Decide in what way you will try to transform. Eg: willpower/using a magic wand etc. For some inspiration: read this topic

Have Fun!

Post all relevant dreams in this topic (whether you feel you succeeded or not).

Good luck on your Quest everybody! :dream:

Tuesday november 15 2005
[kin=216]
Yellow Galactic Warrior

Changing into an Owl
I had already decided next moons Quest would be the transform into an animal, I had deciced to post that tomorrow. But I already did it this night to try it out for you guys :grin:, The only thing is that i didn’t really realize i was dreaming, it was more of a ND/FLD

[ND]I’m in a backyard of some sort. I remember the transformation Quest. I see 2 beautiful owls flying. I decide I want to try and transform into an Owl as well.

I want myself to be an owl, I spread my arms and they become wings. I feel the feathers on my wings and try to be in an owl’s body.

I fly on silken wings. So softly through the air with no sound at all. Eventhoug it is dark, I have no problem seeing. I swoosh through the trees in the forest.

I try to remember what owls eat. Mice and stuff. I should try to catch one. And I will probably have to hack up an owlball as well. :spinning:wave: wolb :tongue:) I fly to a branch to sit on it. [/ND]

I feel i succeeded half, because i still felt myself being human as well. But I felt smaller and that experience of flying silently through the air was wonderful.

:wave:

In the one ND I had where I became Nessie I felt the same way at the end. Of course I was transforming back into a human, but you know what I mean. :content: Nice new quest, I ought to have fun with it my next LD. (if I’m able to manage transforming that is)

Wooo, I did it, and didn’t even know about the quest last night.

Anyway, I was in this school place, and people were teasing me. I didn’t like them teasing me, so I transformed into a wolf. Yay. It wasn’t instanous too, so I had a better idea of the differences between a human and a wolf. One of the things I noticed is that paws aren’t made for fine manipulation, such as grabbing a pencil…

:clap: congrats :happy:
amazing u had that dream before i even posted the Quest :smile:

well… i wasent doing it in this calendar but it have happent before :d and i didnt transform but i WAS a Bear :happy: I felt hairy and for some reason blueberries and salmon where tasting good :tongue:

And now i will go to bed and transform myself in to a Bear again :razz:

good luck kenai :content:

don’t blueberries and salmon always taste good? :happy:

not for me they dont… dont know why :meh:

together!!! i’m not so sure… :wink:

this is a great choice of project though. there are a few animals which have been showing up in my lucid dreams of late:

• crocodile
  • bear
  • and my totem animal, the pigeon

i’ve transformed into pigeon many times, but shapeshifting into the crocodile or bear would be interesting.

nick

btw. congrats on the owl dream. i can so see you as an owl. a wise, observer…

kenai. it was also nice to read your experience about the bear.

nick

how did u find ur totem?

Going to try to do this in a lucid dream though. And several shapes. Wolf, dragon… Burninate a few villiagers…

Yeah… I wana fly like a giant eagle through the sky, and then dive into the sea and be a whale swimming to the depths of the oceans…I had a dream the other night I was a tree… but that doesn’t really count I guess!

It does if it was a Tolkien tree!

I want to transform into a cat… ironic seeing as one of my most predominant dreamsigns at the moment is my (late) cat. I would love to have a cats sense of smell and hearing, and I guess it’d be fun to go munching on some innocent little deer :hehe:

When i change in to a Bear im going to eat Q :ebil:

BTW: if anyone have a way to transform in to a Bear tell me it is urgent!!

I do not have clue at all but i would sacrifise any dream this week to have a LD as a Bear… well ok that is normal right :tongue:

YaY!!! 100 Posts :happy:

I had a dream about this last night! I just posted the whole dream in my journal, but here’s the part related to this quest. :content: I don’t think I really succeeded; I only remembered it for 20 or so seconds before I woke up, but there’s always tonight!

from Just Another Weird Dream

(Right before this I was trying to teleport somehwere interesting.)

…[LD]I ended up on my porch. Good enough. :tongue: I turned around a few times, seeing if anything was really different… On my third spin around, I noticed a large mirror against a wall. It was kind of fancy and had rounded yellow borders… just like the mirror on this site! :content:

I hadn’t really planned on doing the Quest for the Overtone Moon that night, so I was surprised I remembered it in my dream. But… I hadn’t thought of anything to turn into and I knew it was almost time to wake up. I began to panic, thinking of animals that I liked.

Finally I thought of the cat. I desperately tried to transform myself into one, but it didn’t work. :neutral: I thought of something simpler like an insect of some kind. I felt myself getting much smaller, my vision was getting very weird, and I felt like I had way too many legs. :tongue: I tried to walk around a bit…[/LD]

…And there I got interrupted when somebody kept yelling about how it was time to go to school. :tongue: Oh well!

I have not trensformed into an animal jet :cry:
but i have manege to change some ting:
1: I have strethed my arms
2: I have change the nober of fingers on my hand(this was in an atemt too transfor too a dragon)
3: I have blown up my lungs like a ballon and floted awey (Spacealbin thoth I ment i blown opp the intired me :roll: )
3: My shadow into an eagol shadow
(4: I once flyed and it felt like i had wings moveng up and down but i did not see them)
My ultimate transforming dream is treansforming too a dragon :content:

Blowing up the entire you, lol.
I once had in a ND, a life-jacket (The kind that are on planes that you can blow up manually) and if I blew into it I would start floating.

I want to be a dragon too! Well, actually what I want most is wings and fire-breath. :happy:

great you gave it a try, theFuzz (welcome back btw :content: ) Funny how you saw a mirror and remembered the Quest (nice it looked like the one on LD4all as well :smile: - Hope next time you remember what animal you wanted to be!

good luck with your dragon transformation painocus and spacealbin!

good luck with your changing into a bear kenai, not good luck with finding me :tongue: I carry very large truits in my LD’s and they are bear proof :tongue: