what is the 1st dream you remember?

Lol, I just noticed that after I posted the reply. My username means something entirely different.

Heh, I might change my name to “SoftYetSquishyJellyLikeEarthBall”

That’s a little freaky, I used to dream quite a lot about my grandmother’s farm also, and there were always a lot of ufo’s (of many sizes) crashing onto her front lawn.

I suppose it comes with age, No matter what dream you have they expect you be hard as nails and forget about it. No matter how traumatic it was.

For sure it’s an unfair expectation when it does exist. One of my uni assignments I researched the link between nightmare frequency and mental health, there’s a definate correlation between the frequency and intensity in nightmares and mental well being and a lot of supporting research to boot.

I’m not sure absolutely which one of these were my first but…
#1 I was falling down between the stairs in the blockhouse I lived in before. The feeling of falling was vivid and I woke up just as I hit the floor at the bottom.
#2 I was in a dark forest at night and cute little furry creatures was staring out from under a fallen tree. That’s all that happened.

I know it’s been a while, but I just checked this thread again recently…Maybe, but I didn,t know of it in this time, so I doubt it…

The first dream that was even close to lucid that I remember:

I was walking on a sidewalk looked down and saw gum on sidewalk. For some reason this prompted me to do a finger count RC, I had the right amount but still became semi-lucid somehow. I looked at the girl who was now walking next to me, and tried to put my hands through her head (like Glory does in BtVS) but her head moved back in an almost rubber-like way. I thought about trying to make out with her (I did not say it out loud). She said that we would later.

Its interesting that most people remembered their reoccuring nightmares. Mine is no different. I can’t remember which one I had first.

I would be in a race from the garage to the front door. If I won then I would go inside and hide from a gigantic bigfoot. I would run from room to room avoiding the windows where the hairy beast would look inside. If I lost the race the sky would go dark and towards the North a cloud would turn into a head and I would talk with the cloud entity. Finally, the reoccuring nightmare ended when I befriended the storm entity.

I also had a reoccuring nightmare where I would run from something. It would always be dark and the things would try to smash me. I always thought they were numbers. I always awoke in a sweat. I never conquered this dream, but I haven’t had it since I was little.

The first one is eighter the one I got lucid and locked the dragon in the closet :content:

Or the one with the anrgy donkey.

The first dream I can ever remember? It would have to be when I was between a year old and two years old.

There were no words or people–it was just a wavy star-strewn black and midnight blue sky with all these flashing fireworks and colors, and this fast-paced techno-pop music. the flashing lava and fireworks and sporadic colors were cool because the were in complete symbiance with the sound.

My first dream I remember was when I was 4-5.

I was in a shelter with seats like an auditorium and it was on stilts… My brother and sisters were running around and I went over to my dad and said, “one of them is going to fall off if we dont tell them to stop” so my dad told me to go tell them to stop.

When I told them to stop my sister fell off and then it sudden changed scenes to under the shelter and there was a cain ball and it rolled away into the darkness.

The funny thing was I was convinced it was real, I realised it wasnt when I was about 7 and I asked my sister how she was after falling from the shelter and she called me crazy :happy:

:smile:

I supose my oldest dream memory is about a giant shark who persued me. It slided on the floor after me and could go up stairs and all that. I can’t remember the rest…

It’s just weird to notice that I don’t remember anymore all the dreams I remembered sometime ago…

The oldest dream that I can still remember extremely clearly happened when I was perhaps 2 or 3. In fact, this dream is pretty much the only memory, period, from the first few years of my life.

Let’s see…I was in my crib at night, and this stapler comes at me, “chomping” as it slid across the floor. It then started to slide up the vertical wooden post of my crib because it wanted to eat me.

Yeah. I think I probably woke up after that.

The first dream I remembered is kind of funny. I was probably 3 years old. I dreamed my older sister Annette was making cookies and mixing the batter in a big green bowl. In the dream, I knocked over the bowl and it broke. My sister yelled at me and I cried.

In the waking world, my other sister woke me up. I was crying and she asked why, and I said that it was because I broke a bowl and Annette yelled at me.

She said, “You silly kid, that’s a dream. Stop crying, it’s not real!”

And up until then I had no idea that there was any difference between dreams and waking life!

As far as I can go back I would say a “power rangers” related dream. Though I can catch some vage images of earlier dreams. I also wonder if my dreams of Freddy Krueger where before or after the power rangers period.

About the power rangers :
I was the green ranger. All of the others transformed or warped to the power center and unfortunately I never managed to do both. It was like trying to turn on the light, your pc, tv in a dream.
I tried and I tried. And as I tried to warp to the power center I ran and jumped into the air … No succes.

About freddy krueger :
I had these dreams often. Mostly with the same scenario and setup but slighty different.
I suppose it must have been when I was 6-10years old. Because in those times I played soccer.
…We arrived at the game and had to go change. Left was the lockers, right freddy’s boiler room. Ofcourse my dream made me go right (don’t care, I like some action).
When I went inside I saw a large room. And the room went way down. I jumped all the way down and I was facing Freddy. He was attacking me but nothing serious. I ran back up and was outside again. Then my dream continued with the soccer.

This “I Dream of Genie”-theme where the dream was black and white like an old movie film–in fact, it looked like something straight from a movie scene–there was this black Rolls Royce driving down an empty street. I was in it with that “I Dream of Genie” person, but I couldn’t hear or talk. I forget what was going on, but she was smoking one of those rich-people-cigarettes and she was whispering in my ear (despite the fact I couldn’t hear) and I could feel that tickle, you know, when someone whispers in your ear? She kissed me and the Rolls Royce stopped to let me out on something-Boulevard (still nighttime–no one out–no cars, nothing). She rolled down the backseat window and said something to me and somehow I knew what it was–then she rolled the window back up and the Rolls Royce pulled off and disappeared down the still-empty road…:eh:

I was in grade school at the time. There was a period where I recall having had a running dream that picked up night after night where it left off. I remember that the vididness and colors were intense.

The only portion of this that I can recall was one night when I went to the main postoffice. They had canvas carts on wheels that held large amounts of mail. I climbed in one and went through a swinging door and down a ramp into the subway concourse. There I turned into a passage and came into the field of poppies from The Wizard of oz. Only, as I am thinking of it now, the flowers were more like sunflowers or yellow daisies than poppies. They weren’t red anyway.

That’s all I remember of it, other than being very excited about the vividness of the dreams. It had to be impressive to remember it some 40 years later with such clarity. No?

I was two or three years old and was out for a walk with my mum and older brother. Somehow I got buried in a hole and they both walked away without me

:wave: hello arual, welcome to LD4all :yay:

What an awful dream to remember :sad:

one i call “it’s the end of the world as we know it” these days
it’s the end of the world as we know it

i was walking in a street with shops with my mom
she told me the end of the world should be soon
she went into a shop and i had to wait outside
aftera while meteors slowly came up into the street
i got back in to get my mom
we ran
the comets came closer and…
i got under one