The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part III

thats is what im confused about myself! That is one of the reasons why I wasnt sure or not. If i was having a real lucid dream i wouldnt be embarassed with myself but I was in my dream

It sounds like you didn’t fully realize you were dreaming. So it was either a prelucid dream or a dream with very low lucidity.

By the way, the old “Was this a LD? - part 2” topic is locked, but not the new “Was this a LD? - part 3”. I’ll merge your topic in this thread.

ok

I didn’t have a LD yet, gr. However, i did get REALLY close. I had a FA, False Awakening. The dream goes like this, i lied in bed to memorize it in detail.

I was sitting at my computer watching a flash cartoon. Actually i think it was an advertisement since it was at the top of the page surrounded by text. A promo for a game.
anyway, i saw an airship flying around with music playing. I recognized the music it was from “neverending story” (excellent fantasy book and flim check it out sometime). I stood up and left the room. My cat runs in front of me, next to the dining room table. I went into the bathroom, sat down and relieved myself.

The first thing i notice is that i can feel my bladder being drained. Second, everything is really realistic. Third the bathroom is very clean. fourth, my dad wears BIG underwear and he left it with equally large shorts on the door.

I get up, wash my hands and go to bed. I was lying in bed for about 5 minutes, with my eyes closed. I must have fallen asleep. I got up again to use the bathroom. I sat down on a different toilet, this one adjacent from the first. This adjacent toilet doesn’t exist IRL.
I saw the same underwear and shorts, this time hanging from the towel rack. I washed my hands and went back to bed.
I woke up.

I realized that was my opportunity! I didn’t practice my RC’s enough or else the instant i sat on that new toilet i would have said “wait a minute…”
I was soooo close!! :cry:

I’m going to get into the habit of looking at my clock when i leave my bed, because i want to try and make this FA my moment to lucid. I’m going to set up about 5 RC’s to do, hopefully i will get lucid soon.

When i did get back to sleep, about an hour later i was so wired after the FA, i remembered MILD and WILD but i think i wanted it too much so i didn’t get lucid or even a dream similar to the bathroom experience. SHUCKS!!

Am i doing everything right?

I think you’re doing everything right. This kind of dreams (prelucid dreams) show that you are close to a lucid dream. You probably will have one soon! :smile:

Yesterday night I had a FA, and I did a RC, holding my nose and trying to breathe and it worked, I breathed. At first I was surprised, it was very realistic, I thought “no way, this can’t be a dream…” but since I could still breathe I figured it MUST be a dream, and decided to fly. So I started hovering above my bed, hovering out into the hall and for some reason thinking I’m invisible. My dad was in the hall too, he didn’t see me, but he could sense me. Everytime he came close to me he was looking suspiciously into the air (where I was).

Then I flew into my living room, talking to my sister, telling her that I’m in a lucid dream, and for some reason I wrote it in a note to. Then, I became bored, and decided that I wanted this one particular person to enter my dream, so I figured that if I turn around and tell myself that they’ll be behind me, and then turn back, they’ll be there. But when I tried, it didn’t work at all. I tried several other things, and I got some weird “ghost” thingie, like it was them but they were transparent and very far away. I don’t understand why I had basically no control in my dream, I couldn’t make anything happen (except for the flying thing)! Is there anything I can do about this? I’ve tried this (making another person appear) another time too, about a week ago, and it didn’t work then either! It’s getting frustrating… lol.

And another thing is that, my mind still didn’t seem to “make any sense”. I knew I was dreaming, but my logic was still weird and I wasn’t thinking like I would IRL. Would this mean that I had a very low level of lucidity? Because I was pretty much aware that I was lucid throughout the whole dream, but I mean, the thought that I could go out and not be stuck in my apartment didn’t even hit me, and what’s up with the note? For some reason I thought that if I wrote a note in my dream I would later find it IRL. It just doesn’t make any sense… why can’t I think like I normally would, even though I’m lucid?

Dream on. // Olesia

:yes: yes, fuzzy dream logic/thinking.
I remember one of Atheist’s LDs and because it was winter … he turned on his heating in the lucid dream - so it would be warm when he woke up! :tongue:

Hi Olesia!

I can’t give you a lot of tips about control. If you can’t control something, verbal commands works generally well. Then it’s perhaps a lucidity level problem.

In most LD’s, your mind is in “dream logic” mode. It doesn’t mean it was a very low lucidity level, your dream had probably a good one. You can increase your lucidity level by shouting “More lucidity!”, or by performing simple mathematics, like counting or making additions. Thus you may reach, with a bit of chance, a thinking similar to waking life.

LOL! Perfect example of dream logic! :happy:

Don’t worry :smile: That’s very common, no matter how experienced a lucid dreamer is. In RL we don’t have to focus on our surroundings to keep them from disapearing because they’re just ‘there’. But in dreams, everything you see only exists for as long as you’re paying attention to it.

When i start losing lucidity i find looking at an object in the dream, taking in all the details of colour and pattern helps me to get back again. It doesn’t always work though :neutral:

(I should have asked this a long time ago but I guess I kind of lost motivation and interest… )

I think I have already had LDs. Right now, I think I’ve had 3-4 LDs. Anyway, in the dreams, I did realize I was dreaming… so I guessed they were technically still LDs. But I didn’t experience what I always read when people get LDss. There wasn’t an increase in vividity and apart from that, I don’t think I became that excited either. There was no feeling of amazement or anythiong along those lines. It still felt like an ND. (I think because of that, I lost my motivation to try for them.)

I don’t recall them much anymore… maybe they ‘were’ vivid and I did ‘feel’ excited and what not but I just couldn’t recall it that well because of extremely poor recall. I don’t think so though…

Thanks for your replies. :smile:

Yeah I think I’ll try to do some math in my next LD (at least if I can’t think of anything better to do lol) and I’ll definitely try saying verbal commands. I can’t wait for my next LD, I have so many things I want to try…

Dream on. // Olesia

Hi Alvin !
Did you wake up just after your LD’s, or did you lose your lucidity and did your LD’s transform into normal dreams?

hey everyone, i was just wondering if this was a dream.
I was walking to shcool and there were heaps of cars then my dad ran up to me and said DAN you just missed the red hot chili peppers. i was pissed and then i waited out the front of the school and anthony came out and i started to talk to him. i asked him if john chad and flea were their and out they came then i realised hold on. so i held my nose and i could breathe through it. I started looking around and started to hover but i stopped because i still wanted to talk to john frusciante then we talked for the rest of the dream. why did i stop?

I didn’t wake up at once when I realized was dreaming… but it did happen in some of them. It was like I was half-asleep and half-awake or something like that.

And I don’t think they ever really went back to NDs since I’m pretty sure that all through the rest of the dreams, I still ‘knew’ that I was dreaming. But as I said, they felt the same like NDs. I didn’t feel any awe or wonder at what was transpiring.

:wave: hello danokeefe, welcome to LD4all :welcome:
the reason why you stopped hovering is probably that the desire to chat to john was greater than your desire to hover.

Enjoy your time at LD4all :smile:

thanks …but thats where the problem comes in because when im talking to people who i’d like to meet or act as my role model, i feel more involved in the dream and that leads to the start of an LD. than the times when im just dreaming randomly.

Last night’s dream:

So, the professor gave the gun back to the terrorist, and I was thinking, “Why in the world would he do that!? Is he nuts!?”

The terrorist aims the gun at me, pulls the trigger, a bullet flies out, at a speed a little higher than the bullet in the Matrix. In the end, I dodged all of them. “This is a bit unusuall”, I think, “maybe I am really dreaming?”

Everything already starts to fade away, the terrorist is not where anymore, then I did a RC. I looked at my watch but I didn’t actually read the time, like I was in a hurry. But then I did it again properly to verifly that I am dreaming.

So I did, and attemped flying, but I end up in a white space of nothingness, and I don’t know what to do next, so I lost lucidity.

Well, there was a lot more going on before what I have posted, but the question is, was I really lucid? My memory of it is a bit vague, as in not much in details… or did I thought that I had lucid where I haven’t?

it sounds lucid to me… you knew you were dreaming and decided to have a go at flying.
if a LD is low lucid, the memory can feel a little fuzzy when waking. Try to remember to increase lucidity next time before trying to do anything. Commands work well Increase Lucidity just spoken out loud once or twice works wonders :yes:

Hey, everyone.

I’ve heard about lucid dreams a few years ago, but my dream recall was very poor - about 1 dream/month and i didn’t knew how to improve it. Last week i found this website, read all that I could about LD and ND, started a dream diary. My DR improved immediatly to 1-2 dreams/night :eek: .

2 days ago I had a dream and I’m not sure was it LD. Could you help me? I never had an LD before. This was my dream: I am standing in an open field, opposite to me was standing a witch. When I look into her eyes I realised that it is a dream, I realised that I can do whatever I want. I turned away from her. I decided to change te season to winter, I looked at the nearby forest, but it was already winter. Then I moved towards the trees and the dream ended. Then I tried WBTB, but with no efect. I thought that it was an LD but i had a strange feeling that i was only dreaming about becoming lucid in a dream, i felt like it wasn’t my decision to change the season.

The same is with today’s dream : I am standing on the roof of a 10-floor building and I know this is a dream and nothing will happen to me if i jump. I jumped and i didn’t hit the ground because I awoke. I think I was dreaming about being lucid, I couldn’t stop the jump.

When I went to bed I was telling myself “I will remember my dream” etc…, I did no RC’s.

Sorry for my bad english, it’s not my native language, but I’m doing the best I can.

I would guess it was lucid since you said

it all depends on your internal thoughts at the time. if the dream is low lucid you can sometimes take some time to decide if it was lucid or not.
so

i would go with your original thought …