The BIG WILD topic - Part XIV

I’ve been having problems “diving in” to WILDs. I’ve been trying these past few weeks with no luck. The only stage I can easily reach is making my body feel alseep. Another time I managed to get the “electric current” feeling people talk about, but recieved no HH. What am I doing wrong? Am I too conscious or not relaxed enough in my head? Because my body is certainly relaxed. At times it feels like I try too hard and my eyes strain.
Any help is appreciated.

last night I tried WILD without WBTB seriously for the first time. I know that it takes about 90 min. to enter the REM stage. I started at 10:30 with a 30 minute binaural beat mp3. after what felt like over 90 minutes, i lost all the feeling in my body except for my mouth and a small part of my chest. i gave up, and i saw it was about 11:40. This is the farthest I have gone in WILD without WBTB, but even after 80 minutes and a binaural beat to help me relax I still did not get ANY HH. :help:

Hey everyone. now I am not sure what you might consider this as. but sometimes when I am going to sleep I will try to do the wild tech. and I will feel like I was dreaming for a little bit, but totally got snapped out of it. and then when I would look at a clock it wouldnt be that much later than when I went to bed. was I actually dreaming? and is it possible to go into a wild in like 20 min? thanks

Lina - Some people don’t get HI or HH that easy but you can sort of practice getting it though :smile: I think you should keep on practicing, you will probably start getting it after some time. How much time is hard to say though.

StEvE21 - You get start dreaming after 90 minutes of deep sleep. If you just lie in the bed you still won’t get into REM until you have slept in deep sleep for 90 minutes. If you managed to loose the feeling in your body you are doing well and you should keep trying to WILD, after a while you will get it :content:

dream_on1623 - You weren’t dreaming, you had HI or HH and if you should keep focusing on trying to keep what you see without snapping out of it. One day when you wake up in the middle of the night you will suddenly realise you see something and suddenly you go into a LD without snapping out of it. I used to WILD like that alot, I started seeing something and then sort of zoomed into it and then I was in a LD :cool:

Why have I heard of people who have had LDs from WILD without WBTB?

StEvE21, it’s possible to WILD without WBTB, but it’s far more easier, especially for beginners, to learn WILD with WBTB.

had a strange WILD experience this morning.

I had been sleeping for almost 12 hours, and was in that stage when you’re waking up, but still drifting in and out of dreams.

I was having strong HH, and realised all of a sudden that i was lying in bed. So i tried to turn the hallucinations into dreams using certain methods. The first one i did which worked only very briefly was rolling out of bed onto the floor. I also imagined myself in a different room from the one i was sleeping in, so that it became more detached from reality. So eventually, i managed to (as i was rolling out of my HH bed) start myself off on a lucid dream. But it was weak, and didn’t last long.

so i tried that same technique a couple more times, with the same results. But even though these WILDs didn’t last long, they were my second, third and fourth WILDs ever, so i thought it was pretty good going.

After that i decided to try a different way of trasferring into the dream. So i imagined myself walking around my house, and the image was slowly becoming more and more vivid. eventually i felt my self cross the threshold into the dreaming world.

Speaking of that threshold, does anyone else here actually feel a physical change when they get into the dream? it’s very hard to describe, but i kind of imagine it like walking through a waterfall. Or, rather, a screen of falling water directly infront of me.

anyway, once i had gotten into the dream, i tried to shout “lucidity now!” and “lucidityx1000!!” but my mouth just wouldn’t move. It was like someone had crammed it full of peanut butter and i was unable to speak. I forgot to try spinning and/or rubbing my hands together for some reason.

this time the dream lasted a couple of minutes, but it was the last one of the morning. I think four in one morning is pretty damn good going for me. even if three of them were extremely short, at least i have more experience with the technique now.

good job sumday.
that could’ve been a description of my morning, but the neighbours dog wouldnt stop barking…

It’s a rather good description. I just experienced it 2 days ago. And yes, there is a “physical” change, as the dream becomes more “physical”, more solid, indeed.

Speaking out loud has sometimes strange results in lucid dreams. I don’t recognize my voice, it looks like the Voice in the Dune movie. :smile:

Counting while going up the stairs is too boring, so I have been trying diffrent things, and sometimes its a combination of counting steps, and paying attention to the back of my eyelids. I allso like to imagine that I have a friend with me, and we are camping out in the middle of a huge crop circle, and our goal is to go into a dream while being lucid. Its a little more exciting then alot of other ways of doing wild.

I’ve read through a part of these WILD topics (though not all) and I’ve tried WILD too.

The night before last night I used the method of repeating “breathe in I am dreaming breathe out I am dreaming” but lost consciousness pretty soon and didn’t achieve anything.

Last night I counted while repeating I am dreaming. At 400 I got some strong visual sensation (not VERY strong but strong compared to nothing) which I am pretty sure was HI. I think I got the same thing at 700 but not as strong. I kept losing track of the numbers now and then and lost consciousness about 800-900 I think. A question: How long would you often count before you experience HI / WILD?

Some years ago I was at a friends place. It was pretty calm, we listened to music or something, and for some reason I went into a dark storage room at his place. I laid down comfy at a matress and closed my eyes. Very soon I could see a man with sunglasses and long hair, dressed in white clothes and a golden necklace, dancing and smiling. I could also very clearly hear music, and good music at that. I tried to remember it so I could recreate it on the computer later but couldn’t remember it after I left the storage room. The music and man were both VERY vivid. I didn’t know about HI then but I’m 100% positive it must have been HI.

Im going to try breathing tonight, Ive never thought about that one, thanks.

I’m afraid there is no answer. It depends on the person, on how fast you fall asleep, on when you practice WILD’ing (when going to sleep of after a WBTB), etc.

Yes indeed, it looks very much like HI.

ok… I have a question.
I´m counting my breaths. When Í´m relaxed, after about 15 min… i start to have images that i can´t controll. I lose track of the numbers… should i ignore the images and keep focused on the counting ??

i’d say the other way around, focus on the images, and try to step into them, because that is the beginning of the dream. But keep concentrating because you have to remember that you are entering a dream.

I think you should do as Pasquale says and concentrate on them. I’m really curious though, what kind of images are these, how do they look and how strong are they. It sounds like they’re HI to me.

Hey everyone, i have a question. Does anyone else get the urge to swallow when trying to perform WILD. I try to take my mind off of it but it seems like i have to swallow like every 3 minutes. any suggestions?

Thought I’d post a quick message here…

Every night I try to WILD… not so hard that I end up getting fustrated. I just try it, and if it isn’t working I just go to sleep normally, or I end up falling alseep while trying :wink:

Anyway, when I’m trying to WILD, I get to the stage where my body goes a bit numb, and then I get an annoying itch on my head, or my back, or my leg… etc. As much as I try to ignore it, I end up having to snap awake again. Any tips?

My current technique is to just lay on my back, close my eyes and start counting :wink:

=Riggzy

JaSoN and TRiggs, swallowing and itching problems are common “beginner problems”. You just have to try to go further and don’t worry about that. Don’t think about this problem. Focus on another thing. It disappears with experience.

The first time i tied WILD, i counted and actually had vibrations and speedy heart rate. I tried counting a little more but i swear it driving me mad. I start counting and from doing this boring proccess I keep thinking about stuff which keeps me awake. Ive tried switching to breaths, concentating on point in your body, and a few others but nothing can seem to block out my thoughts. I didnt have this problem my first few times why is thius such a problem now (one week into). Also everyone is confusing me about HI, they say i should see landscapes and crap. The thing is i dont ever get lanscapes, i dont ever get SP, i dont get vibrations, all i get is numb. My HI, or what i think they are, are just swirls of color and the closest thing ive came to an image was what looked to be a yellow snake that jumped at me with his mouth open (not vivid at all just if you looked at the swirl of it it looked like a snake). So what am i doing wrong?