The BIG WILD topic - Part XIV

I’ve read through a part of these WILD topics (though not all) and I’ve tried WILD too.

The night before last night I used the method of repeating “breathe in I am dreaming breathe out I am dreaming” but lost consciousness pretty soon and didn’t achieve anything.

Last night I counted while repeating I am dreaming. At 400 I got some strong visual sensation (not VERY strong but strong compared to nothing) which I am pretty sure was HI. I think I got the same thing at 700 but not as strong. I kept losing track of the numbers now and then and lost consciousness about 800-900 I think. A question: How long would you often count before you experience HI / WILD?

Some years ago I was at a friends place. It was pretty calm, we listened to music or something, and for some reason I went into a dark storage room at his place. I laid down comfy at a matress and closed my eyes. Very soon I could see a man with sunglasses and long hair, dressed in white clothes and a golden necklace, dancing and smiling. I could also very clearly hear music, and good music at that. I tried to remember it so I could recreate it on the computer later but couldn’t remember it after I left the storage room. The music and man were both VERY vivid. I didn’t know about HI then but I’m 100% positive it must have been HI.

Im going to try breathing tonight, Ive never thought about that one, thanks.

I’m afraid there is no answer. It depends on the person, on how fast you fall asleep, on when you practice WILD’ing (when going to sleep of after a WBTB), etc.

Yes indeed, it looks very much like HI.

ok… I have a question.
I´m counting my breaths. When Í´m relaxed, after about 15 min… i start to have images that i can´t controll. I lose track of the numbers… should i ignore the images and keep focused on the counting ??

i’d say the other way around, focus on the images, and try to step into them, because that is the beginning of the dream. But keep concentrating because you have to remember that you are entering a dream.

I think you should do as Pasquale says and concentrate on them. I’m really curious though, what kind of images are these, how do they look and how strong are they. It sounds like they’re HI to me.

Hey everyone, i have a question. Does anyone else get the urge to swallow when trying to perform WILD. I try to take my mind off of it but it seems like i have to swallow like every 3 minutes. any suggestions?

Thought I’d post a quick message here…

Every night I try to WILD… not so hard that I end up getting fustrated. I just try it, and if it isn’t working I just go to sleep normally, or I end up falling alseep while trying :wink:

Anyway, when I’m trying to WILD, I get to the stage where my body goes a bit numb, and then I get an annoying itch on my head, or my back, or my leg… etc. As much as I try to ignore it, I end up having to snap awake again. Any tips?

My current technique is to just lay on my back, close my eyes and start counting :wink:

=Riggzy

JaSoN and TRiggs, swallowing and itching problems are common “beginner problems”. You just have to try to go further and don’t worry about that. Don’t think about this problem. Focus on another thing. It disappears with experience.

The first time i tied WILD, i counted and actually had vibrations and speedy heart rate. I tried counting a little more but i swear it driving me mad. I start counting and from doing this boring proccess I keep thinking about stuff which keeps me awake. Ive tried switching to breaths, concentating on point in your body, and a few others but nothing can seem to block out my thoughts. I didnt have this problem my first few times why is thius such a problem now (one week into). Also everyone is confusing me about HI, they say i should see landscapes and crap. The thing is i dont ever get lanscapes, i dont ever get SP, i dont get vibrations, all i get is numb. My HI, or what i think they are, are just swirls of color and the closest thing ive came to an image was what looked to be a yellow snake that jumped at me with his mouth open (not vivid at all just if you looked at the swirl of it it looked like a snake). So what am i doing wrong?

I’m just curious, how long did it take for you get the hold of WILD those who are good at it?

@ grasswar - I did WILD thismorning for the first time, but before that I was asking alot of the questions you are asking now. Firstly, I would do WBTB with WILD, it really helps. With this I didnt have to stay awake for to long. Everyone is different and people often tweak WILD to suit them. I saw a very clear image of myself walking through a door then SP came on and I just knew I was going to become lucid. So keep trying, be confident and all your questions will be answered :smile: Good luck.

@ savavarg - 2 months of on and off, about 3 weeks of solid practicing :smile:

I’ve been trying WILD every night for the last 3 weeks and I never happened to see the HI. How long do you have to wait for these to appear ? It’s like I can spend one hour counting my breathing, my steps, or anything but there’s nothing to see.

Eph, some people dont get HI, so maybe wild isnt for you. Have you tried BWGEN? I used this a couple of nights and got some good improovements on my HI.

:smile:

I posted this somewhere else too, but it belongs here, so… Last night I did WBTB and tried WILD. I got really close. I was going in and out of a dream. I got the feeling of being pulled out of my body, or the vibrations. I was in the dream but I also felt my real body. I’m sick so I wasnt comfortable and I couldnt let go of my body.

I had HI once but at the time I i didn’t know of LD. It was like a red spiral floating before my eyes, very … interesting.
I’ll try bwgen tonight. Hope it works better than suneye. :neutral:

Ok, I now have some experience with WILD and believe this is the technique for me because I can get to the “stage” where I can see through my eyelids every night, and this is like when I go to bed not after sleeping 6 hours. I also get HI in the form of lights in the shape of wings flying by me. But my problem is controlling them, everyone talks about zooming in on them and stuff but when I try to zoom in on them I just see through my closed eyelids, it is strange. I was just wondering if anyone could provide some advice on controlling the HI and forming it into a scene so I can just jump into it. And when you do this you have to imagine this happening in 1st person, correct?

And when I start seeing through my eyelids, could I perhaps use a technique to induce and OBE because from what I understand being able to see through your closed eyelids means you’re almost there.

Also, I usually try to WILD without WBTB and for those few of you who do that too, how long does it take you to enter the dream?

There are three kinds of WILD’ers : those who see HI; those who have auditory HH; those who have kinestetic HH (floating or falling feeling or vibrations). So it’s not a problem. But you have to reach one of these HH in order to WILD.

At first sight, what you describe is not hypnagogic imagery but phosphenes. Phosphenes are fuzzy light dots. Hypnagogic imagery are precise images (faces, landcapes, etc.) which appear suddenly in front of your eyes.

That’s right.