The BIG vitamin B topic

Too much vitamin B6 can result in nerve damage to the arms and legs. This neuropathy is usually related to high intake of vitamin B6 from supplements, and is reversible when supplementation is stopped. According to the Institute of Medicine, “Several reports show sensory neuropathy at doses lower than 500 mg per day”. As previously mentioned, the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine has established an upper tolerable intake level (UL) for vitamin B6 of 100 mg per day for all adults . “As intake increases above the UL, the risk of adverse effects increases.”

As mentioned in another thread related to ingestion of GABA (which should actually prevent LDing…)

pyrixodal-5-phosphate (one of the vitamers of b6, there are actually about 6 compounds that can be called vit. b6) is involved with GABA metabolism and thus the theory of vitamer-b6’s acting on dreams is quite plausible.

since GABA is synthesised from glutamate, i am wondering if avoiding this in diets may assist in LD’ing, but be careful, GABA is one of the main neurotransmitters in the body, don’t starve yourself of yourself…

Oh yeah, and you all know that during REM the acetylcholine neurotransmitter is very active. It’s synthesised from choline, and vit. b5.

Acetylcholine can be inhbited by things such as hyoscamine and other tropane alkaloids, perhaps causing a lack of REM sleep. Not sure if this would help LD or if it would cause things to be worse in the body. I am NOT recommending anyone ingest acetylcholine inhibitors. In the wrong doses, you may end up in a state that i talk about in my other thread, where it may be impossible to distinguish your altered reality from your natural reality. (acetylcholine inhibitors cause extreme memory loss - if you have too much, you won’t know about it - you’ll have forgotten about it. people have taken too much and thought they didnt take any, just to wake up 3 days later in hospital after walking naked out into the middle of traffic - no joke.)

All that scare aside, i think the neurochemistry side of things is quite interesting. perhaps ld4all needs a “Nerd’s Corner” section :razz:

edit (again again…)
hey hang on a second… if acetylcholine is so highly active in our REM sleep, why can’t people ‘naturally’ remember thier sleep as well as thier waking life? I guess other aspects of conciousness must determine this. Still it is wierd that it is the wrong way around - acetylcholine lower levels = memory loss (as what generally happens during ‘sleep’) and acetylcholine higher levels = REM sleep? why can’t we remember as vividly? Hmm. there’s something fishy going on here. C’mon nerds, get to it!

Do you think it’d be safe to take 90mg of B6, 2xB complex(containing 2mg of B6 each) and 300mg of magnesium? (Magnesium 300mg is one tablet)

to take 90mg of B6 where 1 tablet = 2mg

90/2=45 tablets you need to swallow.

300mg magnesium * 45 = 13.5 grams of magnesium.

45 tablets it nuts, and that amount of magnesium might cause some wacky things. probably excrete most of it unused but still. find the cleanest/purest stuff you can, so you dont end up injuring yourself somehow.

How some of you can possibly take 200mg of B6 - that is 100 tablets. Or do you take them in some other form?

10 mg = 500% of recommended daily intake…

so 2 mg should be used daily,

taking 200 mg is like… 10000% of what is recommended… That would be like poisoning yourself…

Mine come in 100 MGs per tablet, is it still dangerous? Sometimes I take two.

At home we got some B-complex with 5120% recommended…

I think it won’t harm if you’d do it once in a period of x-time… just not to often :razz:

Are you guys serious? GODDESS!
I have to take two pills of B Complex every day because my body is too acid (yes, that’s exactly what I wrote, and no, I’m not way too acid, just a tiny little bit, but it makes a hell of a difference when you are a living creature).

Your body is way too acid?

Are you seriously taking 2 a day… o_0 That could be harmful over a long period of time I think, well, if that’s what you got subcribed, I guess the doctor know’s what he’s doing? =\

Bear in mind that brazilian medicine is mild compared to drugs sold everywhere else.

I find that a small amount of B6 before sleep increases the vividity of my dreams. By “small amount” I mean 20 milligrams. Most supplemental B6s are 50+ milligrams.

B6 is not dangerous. It is “neurotoxic” if you take insanely high amounts daily. However, in the same way WATER is neurotoxic. So, basically, anything can be made dangerous. That doesn’t mean it is when used properly.

I still dont know where you find those tablets with 50mg of B6 or even more. I have checked today in the supermarket and the maximum I could find was 9mg.

You can get these in the supermarket here in Australia (100mg tablets):

epharmacy.com.au/product.asp … Tablets+60

I was taking two of these a day until they ran out (really helped with my PMS :rofl: ) I found when I started taking these my dreams were way more vivid than normal, and I was recalling more dreams. But as time progressed the vividness and recall came down to an almost above normal level. I believe I only had two LDs in the period I was taking them… which is about normal for me. (over 30 days)

I also noticed that my left arm/hand were becoming a bit tingly/pins and needlesish which wasn’t painful but more irritating. But I think this is now coming down too now that I have stoped taking them.

Are you joking? I have a hard time finding B6 supplements under 50mg. Where do you live?

By the way, don’t take a massive dose of B6 before you lie down. You might not be able to sleep.

In the UK the most supplements have 2mg that is 100% RDA

Wow.

For the last few weeks my dream recall has been decent, I had no complaints.

But last night was intense. I took one B complex, and another B6 before heading to bed. It seemed like whenever I would drift to sleep, even for a minute, I’d have long, detailed dreams that would not fade.

I recomend B6 to everyone having trouble recalling their dreams.

How much do you take on average? 25mg seems to be the nice medium for me. Other people seem to be more tolerant. I’m curious.

Hmm I tried taking some b6 recall seemed increased, vividness slightly increased. I’ll give it another go tonight after a night of sleep deprivation (not too intentional) and see how things go