Best sleeping position for having Lds

I stopped the reality checks and the dream journal… Anyway, I LDed again, and I woke up on my back. This is the best position for me.

Cya,

Side :cool:

I sleep best on my side. The only bad party of this is my armm falls asleep. I plan on getting a tempur-pedic mattress soon it should help alot.

Whenever I have attempted WILD, I feel I have got closer when I have been on my side, simply because this feels like my natural sleeping position, so I become more relaxed.

If I try WILD on my back, I become too concious of the fact that I’m not in my normal sleeping position.

So I would say, use whatever position you normally use to sleep in, because you want your body to fall asleep, it’s your mind that you want to keep awake.

:smile:
Ed.

I’ve always slept on my back, but last night I tried sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees for the first time. I went to bed at 10pm and I woke up from a very long and detailed LD at 11:53pm !!! Not even 2 hrs had gone by! I’ve only had a few LDs and they’ve never been this real. Needless to say, I will now always sleep on my side to see how that affects me.

I read in a book a while back that the best sleeping position for a male is on his side and facing left (heart is up). For a female, she should be facing right (heart closer to the bed.) Maybe it was placebo from having read that, maybe not, but it’s worth a try everyone. :smile:

Everytime I have a lucid dream I was sleeping on my right side.
:yinyang:
The dream yoga book I have says that sleeping on that side (left side for women) is good for channeling positive energy through your body as you sleep.:sleep:

We may be talking about the same book, fdroy. What is yours called? I only skimmed through mine at Barnes and Noble but can’t seem to find it again.

Tibetan Yogas of Dream And Sleep.
I guess the buddha always slept on his right side… maybe doing that each night will help induce dreams…

I always sleep on my back, that is most comfortable for me. I imagine it all depends on what is most comfortable for you, if you are comfortable you will relax more and sleep better.

Yes sleeping on your right side (left side for women) is best (as a lion), because this causes positive energies to flow through your body, according to yogi. It has something to do with the flowing of the 3 main energy channels (positive energy, negative energy and pure rigpa).
I don’t know the exact explanation but as said before, it’s all described in Tenzin Wangyal - Tibetan Yogas of Sleep and Dreams

I have a question myself: does it matter if you have a soft pillow or a hard one or even no pillow if you want to have LDs? Mine is pretty hard but my lding is fine. Perhaps it can get even better if I use a soft one. Does anyone have experience with different pillows? :smile:

I’ve noticed that comfort does affect dreams. The more comfortable the better.

Also, I’m a right-side sleeper. I couldn’t fall asleep on my back if my life depended on it. Oddly, I’ve had a lucid dream where I woke up laying on my stomach.

Last and most interesting, in all of my experiences of sleep paralysis I woke up on my back.

I can’t fall asleep on my back either, just on my side. I can’t really get comfortable on my back because I get asmatic, so I’m stuck on my side :smile:

I always sleep on my stomach facing the closest wall, even when im in a different bed or at someone else’s house it’s always the same deal, stomach face closest wall, just because I find it most comfortable and because I can’t seem to sleep in any other position no matter how hard I try. Plus this way seems to have good dream recall.

My dreams are more interesting when i sleep on my left side. (I’m female.) For years I couldn’t sleep on my left side and now that I do sometimes, my dream recall is worse after. Does anyone know if changing positions during the night is better? I tend to wake up exactly as I went to sleep.

Has anyone noticed that clothing affects them in a certain way? I wonder if it’s better to sleep in some PJs or just naked for LDing. Hopefully, by the time this thread is done, we’ll know the perfect position, clothing, temperature, etc for good LDing. :happy:

Sleep on your right side;
Wear loose clothing (or no clothing);
68.353 Degrees;

I guess that’s my problem… i’ve been sleeping on my right side with no clothing. But most significantly - I’ve kept the temperature at a cool 67.2. :grin:

Sleep on your right side like fdroy said;
Wear loose clothes (can’t stand it if I sleep naked);
70 degree or below;

If WILD…

Sleep on your right side or on your back (you gotta be comfortable);
Wear really loose clothes and light blanket as possible;
70 degree or below, but not too chill that you need a heavy blanket;

Good luck!

I sleep naked, on my back, 62 degrees, a hard bed, and a soft pillow and I regularly ld. That is just how I personally am comfortable, if you arn’t comfortable that way you won’t be able to sleep that way. I can’t get comfortable on my side so obviously I will never be able to ld that way. Regardless of what works for others you have to find what is most comfortable for you. It doesn’t matter who died in what position, how energy flows according to some philosophy, or whatever else you want to come up with. You won’t dream if you don’t sleep, if another persons position is uncomfortable to you it will be hard to sleep and so to dream. Find the most comfortable position for you and you will sleep best and so be able to stay asleep longer (or at least deeper), thereby increasing your chance of dreaming and in turn increasing your chances of having a ld.

sleep on your rights side or better yet on your back" sleeping on your left side puts strain on your heart and may take off a year or so of your life and on your back with your hands by your side is a tantra sleeping position and is said to be a good posture for sleeping with. :wink: