The BIG WILD topic - Part XIV

Ok, I now have some experience with WILD and believe this is the technique for me because I can get to the “stage” where I can see through my eyelids every night, and this is like when I go to bed not after sleeping 6 hours. I also get HI in the form of lights in the shape of wings flying by me. But my problem is controlling them, everyone talks about zooming in on them and stuff but when I try to zoom in on them I just see through my closed eyelids, it is strange. I was just wondering if anyone could provide some advice on controlling the HI and forming it into a scene so I can just jump into it. And when you do this you have to imagine this happening in 1st person, correct?

And when I start seeing through my eyelids, could I perhaps use a technique to induce and OBE because from what I understand being able to see through your closed eyelids means you’re almost there.

Also, I usually try to WILD without WBTB and for those few of you who do that too, how long does it take you to enter the dream?

There are three kinds of WILD’ers : those who see HI; those who have auditory HH; those who have kinestetic HH (floating or falling feeling or vibrations). So it’s not a problem. But you have to reach one of these HH in order to WILD.

At first sight, what you describe is not hypnagogic imagery but phosphenes. Phosphenes are fuzzy light dots. Hypnagogic imagery are precise images (faces, landcapes, etc.) which appear suddenly in front of your eyes.

That’s right.

I haven’t seen actual HI yet, might have had auditory HH a couple of times. I heard a sudden loud noise just as i fell asleep which startled me awake.

Can HH happen as you wake from sleep too? Sometimes i wake up (after six or more hours sleep) with the falling feeling. There’s no sound or images and it only lasts a second, not much longer.

Yes indeed, then it’s not called hypnagogic but hypnopompic hallucinations.

Yesterday I tried bwgen. I didn’t LD but I had the feeling of a cold tear right between my eyes. Was it some kinesthesic HH ?

ah cool, thanks :smile:

Yes, Anything that you can feel is kinesthesic

Hi!..i’m new here, I’ve been trying a lot of WILD-nes the last few weeks, and i can’t seem to get in the right wild state whenever i’m really tired.

However, I managed to see some of the wild stuff :content: , like a buzzing sensation, the sounds and images…the high speed falling feeling.

but this is where I get stuck, where do I go from here?..I can’t fall asleep for some reason, most of the time i give up because nothing happens :help:

Anyway, thanks!

:wave: Eep
You just got to keep at it! You have to remember it is a skill and every night you slave away, trying to WILD you are improving, even though the improvments are not always evident. It seems you are almost there, maybe just need a bit of pacients?

Good luck! :ok:

I rarely have the patience at night to WILD :razz: (it takes me a while to get to sleep), but one morning I tried… after what mustve been 10-20 minutes I had some completely random HI flash by, and I started feeling vibrations :happy:

Only problem: I had no idea what was next! Hehe… I snapped back and couldn’t get back to sleep. Plus, it was about 11:30am :wink:

What should I be expecting after vibrations? Or shouldn’t I be getting them?

-Riggzy

The vibrations are a normal part of WILD. Essienatially the vibrations are your body began to enter sleep paralysis for dreaming.

When the vibrations come just try to stay relaxed and they will soon pass. After that is shouldn’t take long for the hypnogogic imagery to turn into a dream scene, and then wala, you have succesfully WILD’ed.

Is it possible to WILD without actually being tired? I tried this just before felt no real tiredness at all when lying down in bed ready to try it. I lay there for about 50minutes all up, completely still relaxed and most of my body paralysed and numb though no hypnogogic imagery, there were same vague things in the black behind my eyes but then i wasn’t sure if it was imagery or my eyes were opening a bit at the bottom letting some light in. I got some mind flashes of images and places but they were visible on the inside of my eyelids just thoughts but more…

It ended with me trying a forceful technique where i feel like i’m speeding up constantly, rapid eye movement , huge rush and it feels like the bed bends under my feet then nothing…keep in mind whenever i’ve tried that technique which i wont go into detail about its generally always the same then i get insomnia but very interesting sensations.

I guess WILD is better suited for when im very tired, my mind was most likely far too concious to enter a sleep state, it did however enter me into a very very clear meditative headspace where I had no thoughts what so ever

moved from the LD FAQ to the big WILD topic. LD FAQ thread is to propose new questions/answers

Okay first, I can use the WBTB method, but I’m trying to also use WILD.

I just need to know, how long does it take on average before you reach hypnagogic imagery or body vibrations or any signs that you’re close? :eh:

Really depends on the person I think, but on average 30min - 1hour. . .

:smile: Okay, I almost had my first WILD–I got up to the phosphenes after fifteen minutes and moved on to hypnagogic imagery five minutes later where I almost entered into a dream, but I couldn’t get in (I got excited, I think :roll: ). I attempted a second time, but fell asleep–I know I’m close to a WILD! :happy:

So, I have two questions:

1. Do the vibrations come before or after hypnagogs?

and :eh:

1. What do I do when the hypnagogs come (as far as entering the dream)?

I’m so close…thanks in advance for your help :wink:

Some people don’t have vibrations. There are generally three kinds of WILD’ers. Those who have HI (visual hallucinations), those who have vibes, falling feeling (cinesthesic hallucinations) and those who have auditory hallucinations.
So don’t worry if you don’t have vibrations.

I won’t be able to answer your second question. :sad: I hope somebody can.

Okay, I got the vibes just last night when doing WILD, it was in-between pre-hypnogogic (not phosphenes, but in-between that and hypnogogia) and hypnogogic imagery. So, for me it’s before hypnogogics. Glad I got that figured out–I’m moving ever so closer to a WILD–WBTB is easier, but I’m gonna try to master all the techniques–they could come in good use for something…maybe. :smile:

Now it’s just my second question that needs answering–what to do during the vibes or the hypnogogs (how to enter the dream)? :eh:

After you got some decent hypnagogics you can separate your dream body. My favorite trick to force separation is “snap back rolling.” It tricks the neuromatrix into malfunction.

It starts by imagining yourself turning around the length axis of your body for about quarter of a turn or more. If I lay on my right side I simply pretend turning over on my back. Up to this point it may feel as an imagination but nevertheless, you have to do this very slowly and with a considerable force. Then, you should abruptly snap back and start to spin into the opposite direction, now for real and with full speed.

It actually feels like the first imagined turn somehow makes the path for the second opposite movement and spin. See also Xetrov’s WILD variation. Where is Xetrov BTW?

He’s long gone, unfortunately…