New guidelines for links in your sig

I’ve just thought of something.
In the garden of creation some people have photo albums which are on other websites. Are links to sites like this still allowed?

as far as I know it is just links in sigs that are affected.

otherwise it is the usual judgement … is it spam? and the links you mention wouldn’t be :smile:

indeed moogle ^^

I see :smile:

What if you have more than 1 website you want people to see? I have 5, what am i supposed to do?

Hebrew2: There’s a My Website thread in the Gathering. Post the links to your websites there and a word or two thereon and then you put a link to THAT POST in your sig. :wink:

oh. okay

i tried. It didn’t work

So you cannot even link to your own website?? i find this new rule pretty nazi… But oh well, it is your site…

first of all, i don’t appreciate people using the term ‘nazi’ when confronted with rules or guidelines. And yes, it is my site.

as said before, this one is to have a clear border what is allowed and what not. It became too hard in some cases to decide what was spam and what not.

you can always make a post in the ‘my website’ topic and link to that one in your sig, and you can link to it in your profile as well.

Well, that is still my opinion no matter how harsh my opinion might seem. I dont like to see freedom of expression limited like this. I never had a link in my sig, but i want to be able to do so if i wanted to.
I can understand the thing about spam, but i doubt this applies to more than max 1% of the members.

But as i said, i have nothing to say as it is your site and you have all the right to do whatever you want with it. I still like to express my opinion though, even though i doubt it will make you change your mind.

And whats the point with the drugs ?

Why is it so forbidden ? You can have problem if we talk about drug ?

yes. I am responsible for what happens here. If someone out there decides to experiment with something they read on LD4all, and something happens, I can be held responsible for that.

I understand and with people that don’t know what LD is…

They could say its a sect or a religion and we take drugs…
We can’t know with people like that.

So i guess we should just ban both religious topics and topics mentioning drugs then??
Sadly the latter seemed to have happened first for some damn odd reason.

/me smacks tomas around with a huge truit.

[color=red]I am responsible if something happens to someone after reading on LD4all about a dangerous or illegal drug and comes into trouble because of it. [/color]

If you want to discuss drugs there are plenty of other forums out there. This is in first place a lucid dreaming forum.

Disclaimer: The site owner cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injuries which may arise from copying things they have seen or read on LD4all.com
Members should not try using any “sleep” or “dreaming aid” unless they know exactly what they are doing and understand the risks of the actions they are taking.

Disclaimers like that don’t automatically solve the problem. People can still go so far as to pursue legal action despite having read a disclaimer or even signing a waver of responsibility.
The best way to make sure nothing happens is to eliminate what could potentially cause a problem. This is for everybody’s best interest.

Why would we want to talk about drugs all day anyway ?

But :yes: I agree , we cant letour friendly Q take that risk :smile: :hug:

Dark Matter, disclamiers don’t have any legal value in most countries.