The BIG vitamin B topic

Are you joking? I have a hard time finding B6 supplements under 50mg. Where do you live?

By the way, don’t take a massive dose of B6 before you lie down. You might not be able to sleep.

In the UK the most supplements have 2mg that is 100% RDA

Wow.

For the last few weeks my dream recall has been decent, I had no complaints.

But last night was intense. I took one B complex, and another B6 before heading to bed. It seemed like whenever I would drift to sleep, even for a minute, I’d have long, detailed dreams that would not fade.

I recomend B6 to everyone having trouble recalling their dreams.

How much do you take on average? 25mg seems to be the nice medium for me. Other people seem to be more tolerant. I’m curious.

Hmm I tried taking some b6 recall seemed increased, vividness slightly increased. I’ll give it another go tonight after a night of sleep deprivation (not too intentional) and see how things go

Am I the only one who has nothing so miraculous to report about B6? I take B6 nightly, and for awhile it did help. However, it wasn’t at all significant. I thought the dose may have been too low, so I increased it. Then, at 250mgs, I could barely attempt to sleep. Those doses make sleeping really difficult. How do you do it?

So, while small doses of B6 can be useful for enhancing dreams to some extent, I can think of more effective herbals and vitamins.

hello all…i’ve been reading the forum for a couple days and i figured i should contribute something somewhat useful so i went out and did an experiment for my first post…if you don’t feel like wading through a bunch of introduction to get to the findings of my experiment then just scroll to the bottom where the line of asterisks is or the second line of asterisks if you want the even more summarized version

now being an artist i’m not usually so stressed about the deat’s but when it comes to matters of science i try to be as precise as possible to bear out any possible errors i may have made during the course of my experimentation so please stay with me

so here is the break down of yesterday and today:

subject r - woke up at around 11 am, (had gone to bed at about 2 am the night before)

subjetct z - woke up around 1 pm (had gone to bed at about 2 am the night before)

subject b - (me) woke up around 3 pm (had aslo gone to bed at about 2 am the night before)

so basically i went to the local organic food cooperative and looked around for a while for various herbal remedies and vitamins i had been reading about to aid dreaming and decided on B-6 because anything else I recognized from my hours of browsing through the forum and various books was extremely expensive, (the B-6 was still $6.15 for 90 100 mg tablets)

long story short I gave 2 100 mg tablets to subject Z sometime that night…he took them at around 1 am and went to bed at around 3:30 am (after watching two episodes of Lost) subject Z woke up around 7 am and reported no dream recall at all

I gave subject R one 100 mg tablet at around 11 and she took it with a swig of Perrier…she went to sleep soon after and reported that it took her longer than usual to get to sleep (usually only five minutes, she says, although I would wager that that may be a little bit of an exaggeration) saying it took about 45 minutes to fall asleep. She reported very little dream recall but knowing that she did dream and dream vividly and have many dreams. Today at around 3:00 she saw a pair of shoes that reminded her that her dream was about trying on Nike shoes and going swimming.

Now as for me, subject B, I took one 100 mg pill at 11:30 and went to bed 15 minutes later. It took me at least 45 minutes to fall asleep but it was not a tossing, turning, anxious insomniac awake it was a completely relaxed consciousness and a very gradual fading into sleep. I checked my watch sometime later and found that it was already 3 in the morning and I am not sure if I did actually fall asleep in between or not but I feel like I must have. Anyway - my alarm was set for 6:45 but I didn’t get out of bed until 7:45. When I first got out of bed I thought that I had not dreamed at all the previous night. In fact I didn’t remember having any dreams until about an hour later when I ran into subject A and rememembered that I had dreamed about her, however it only came back to me in little bits and pieces.

Bottom line is that subjects B +R reported it taking them longer to get to bed and that they had no recall (100 mg)

Subject R reported an increase in dream vividness and frequency

and Subject Z reported nothing (200 Mg)

Nature’s Plus Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCI) 5000% DV

edit: going to bed now, tonight i’ve just stuck with dairy products and bananas (about three of those scrumptious yellow fruits) so we’ll see if i do better with that

I recently got some Vitamin B-6 and I have had plenty of nights to test it out and every time I took 100mg I would always have at least 1 vivid ND compared to any other dosage.

I have been taking a vitamin B complex for about a week now, and I must say the results are impressive. It is a full B complex and I take it one hour before I go to bed. In one week, I have had 3 very LD’s and 2 FA’S and recall 5-6 dreams every night(about double the normal). I have used it in conjuction with a more rigorous RC regimen, meditation techniques, and a fairly regular DJ, so I don’t attribute it to the vitamins alone, but it does seem to help. I expected nothing from the pill, and took it more for health reasons, but am mildly surprised at the results.

If I take 20 mg of B6 1 hour before going to sleep I get a nightmare during the first REM. If I take it just before going to sleep I just get the nightmare later…

I took B6 for a few months and also didn’t notice much change in my recall. I tried it in the morning and evening but it made no difference. I think it depends a lot on how much you expect it to work.

I took a 100mg B6 about an hour before bed with my milkshake and all I can say is wow. I filled up 3 pages in my DJ. The directions say that 1 100mg pill a day for adults with a meal is safe. The nutrition facts say that it gives you 5000% of your daily value…I will probably cycle it just to be sure and to keep it effective.

I wish I had these little vitamine.
But If I ever had these thing I will just take 1 or 2 per weeks because at end it does nothing.

A while ago I got vitamin B6 tablets each one has 100 mg so is that bad, cause on one site it said someone my age should only take 200 mg daily and no more. I’ve tried a few times using them (only taking one though=100mg), but I’ve found out they don’t really work for me, and stopped taking them. I can;t say it really affected me.

Rad, I do the same thing as you… and yes I find I can remember a bit more about my dreams, but I don’t like taking the pills to much.

Ohhh I feel bad for making so many of these boxes…:sad:
Soo I’ll make sure this is my laste for a while.

-Sepultura you could probably find the B6 vitamins at a grocery store. There not that expensive and you don’t need a perscription. :smile:

i took 3 vitamin b complex tablets (which contain a whole range of vitamin b) before going to bed last night. the ammount of vitamin b6 i would have consumed in the 3 tablets was 150mg

it had no effect on my dreams watsoever.

you can read them i have posted in my dream journal and you can see there is no real difference at all.

absolutely nothing was different except my dream recall felt a lot hazier than normal, i remembered only 6 dreams. the night before i remembered 7 without any pills.

For a couple days in a row try only taking 100mg a night about 1 hour before bed. It should make a noticeable difference.

i dont think ill be bothered with it, my dreams are already as vivid and interesting as i could hope for.

if it had of done something i might have tried taking it again but it didnt do shit. except give me some nice healthy vitamins :wink:

im not saying it doesnt have an effect on some people because a lot of people here are saying it does wonders but it did not do anything for me. so if it works for you,i hope it keeps working.

Though this is a forum about Lucid Dreaming, I am interested to know what affect the B vitamins have had on your daily lives. Were you able to think more clearly or mentally calculate faster? If so than I am more than interested in taking B vitamins. :content: