Great, friend thinks I'm crazy now...

Tell him its like doing a drug, but without any negative consequences? What more could you ask for?

great friends u got then :tongue:
but well i wont talk to most of the rl-mates bout ld-ing cuz i simply think most of them dont understand it or dont want to understand it
its much easier to talk bout it with peeps u dont meet irl, i think u have to be sure the rl-guys u talk with about it have to be ready for such a thingy

I’m with that idea if he doesn’t listen to that talk to him about something else.

If this guy thinks your crazy just because you’re a lucid dreamer, no worries, everyone has their own point of view, and lucid dreaming is not for everyone. However if he doesn’t want to be your friend just because you LD, then I’d find some more open minded friends :smile:

Ive goten this from people myself, and Its hard to understand why it would freak anyone out. LDers have it rough, its a weird hobby, but I think people will begin to learn more about it, and hopfully it will become more known to people. The internet is pretty new to the world still, but the word is getting out. Its ashame your friend turned his back on you like he did, its his lose, you tried to teach him something that could change his life, and he decided to throw it back in your face. I think the world was ment to LD. Things are changing.

Does he watch tv? Then ask him why the hell would he want to see things that are not real? :wink:

I have told about lucid dreaming to three of my friends, and now they are all (at some level) practising them themselves. ^^

When I told my father, he just said something like “whatever…”

I havent told any one :grin:
Ecsept on the nett.

:content: This is a good one…I’m going to remember this :grin:

Alas, Lucid Dreaming is still a Protoscience (Which many write off as a pseudo-science. Gimps), and i don’t think it has ever been exposed to the public through news or any other popular medium. If we could make a reality show or sitcom about it…

Basically, feck skeptics. They don’t know what they’re missing :happy:

I think if you just describe it as controlling your dreams, you won’t get such weird looks. A lot of people have controlled their dreams minorly I think, and they will understand.

I really have not had much trouble with this. I do not bring this topic up often, but most of the people I brought it up with did not treat me like some sort of crackpot or anything. Try mentioning it casually without acting too excited about it in the future. I think tone is everything.

It’s amazing how many people there are who do not know what a LD is. When you explain it they think it is impossible or some type of delusion…or that you are strange lol Sometimes giving them web sites to check out or referring them to books on the subject can help. Then they won’t think it’s all in your head, or is that dreams?

:tongue:

That is a perfect relply. And if anything just ask your friend if he has ND’s, if he thinks LD’s are crazy than surely a ND where you think monsters are going to get you is not of this world. BTW anyone who wont be friends with you just because of your interests are probably not going to be the best friends. He is most likely looking to be friends with people who fit certain guidlines and well people dont work that way, its as simple as that.

Things are always changing in some ways, but in other ways always staying the same (my slightly wise, mystical sounding phrase for the day). Even if lots of people were to start practicing LDing most people would be embarrased and scared and still wouldn’t tell other people. Interests could change, but not human nature.

Now that´s a very odd question. Doesn´t he like dreaming at all? :neutral:

I´m glad that my closest friends are very open-minded, I actually got introduced to LD:ing by one of them. :smile:

I don’t know I think people look at me like i’m crazy, and it’s just weird how they see me like that, or they must think Iam some kinda witch which Iam not a witch. LOL. Iam a Christian LOL. I also get some people who say “Wow cool.” And then again if I mention anything, the conversation can go from totally active to completely dead until I raise my hands asking “What did I say wrong?”

I have only introduced LDing to a few people and so far I’ve had a really good response…
Alot mainstream guys arent into stuff unless everyone is because they are scared what people will think of them. They’re tunnel viewed

The Dream - is art for warrior, who has to win himself. It is your own philosophy…:smile:

Most of the people I’ve mentioned Lucid dreaming to, haven’t had much idea of what it actually is. They seem a little surprised when I explain the freedom, controlling your dreams gives you. Sometimes i get the feeling the other person thinks i’m exagerating the level of control i’ve had in a dream, just to impress them. A few people I’ve spoken to have been very happy to talk about the subject but what they’re really interested in is those ‘dream dictionaries’ and nothing else :ack: