Questions that NEED Answers.

Alright… There is probably already a thread somewhere around here that has these same questions in it, but I’m a little bit too excited to search for them. Anyway,

Lucid Dreaming. I’ve heard the term for quite some time now, around on many supernatural forums, and on the famous eBaums world. And I was wondering the following questions.

1.) Can Lucid Dreaming lead you to death? Possessions? Or attracting negative spirits?

2.) What is possible inside these so called lucid dreams? I’ve been told anything… But I’m not sure.

3.) Freedom to do anything? Does this mean I can say what I want, and do whatever I want?

4.) How long does it take in order to be in a lucid state?

Anyway, thanks in advance for the answers…

:welcome: ToxicMen

1. No.
  2. Anything :smile:
  3. Yes
  4. It depends on the person and the technique they use.
  1. That’s not true at all.
  2. Yes, ANYTHING is possible within a lucid dream. In fact, your imagination is the limit.
  3. Yes you can.™
  4. Clarify, please. Do you mean the amount of time it takes to learn, or the amount of time it takes to execute?

1.) Can Lucid Dreaming lead you to death? Possessions? Or attracting negative spirits?

No.

2.) What is possible inside these so called lucid dreams? I’ve been told anything… But I’m not sure.

Depends on your subconscious. Sometimes, it lets you control everything. Sometimes, you can only control yourself, but the dreamworld around you is still unpredictable.

3.) Freedom to do anything? Does this mean I can say what I want, and do whatever I want?

Yeah. Pretty cool, eh?

This is different for each person.

Lucid dreaming doesn’t have anything to do with spirits or the supernatural, they’re dreams.

You can do whatever you want as long as your resolve is set.

Yes, you can do whatever you want.

It depends on several factors how long it takes.

LD’ing has nothing to do with paranormal. It has been studied by Pr Laberge, Pr Tholey and Pr Zadra and it is scientifically recognized. It can’t lead you to death, it’s just like a normal dream, but you’re conscious in it.

Theorically, anything. Practically, it’s another question cause you have to develop a good dream control.

And become what you want. But as people are not free in their head, they are not free in their dreams. Most of the control problems are due to beliefs about real life or dream life.

It depends on you and the technique you choose. DILD techniques are generally easier to learn. WILD methods can lead to more LD’s. An average time is three weeks with DILD but some people have their first LD in the first days. You have to test by yourself.

An average time is three weeks with DILD but some people have their first LD in the first days.

ive been trying for several months now with WILD failing me, then atempting what DILD sounds like, yet haven’t atained lucidity yet. what’s my problem?

That’s the main problem with WILD. Everybody wants to have LD’s at will, or they find WILD an attractive technique, and they all want to WILD. :sad: But 1 person on 2 seems not to be able to WILD! Then you lose confidence in yourself and when you try autosuggestion techniques (which require motivation and confidence in the results), of course it doesn’t work.

So my advice would be: stop practising LD’ing for a while (say 2 weeks). Continue to write down your dreams, and for instance, try to find dream signs, so that it will be useful later. When you’ll feel you’re ready, practice autosuggestion. Before falling asleep, repeat mentally: “tonight, I’ll realize I’m dreaming”. Be sure you’ll have soon a lucid dream. You can use the dream signs you’ve noticed: “Next time I see that (or I do that), I’ll realize I’m dreaming”. Then in your DJ, be careful to the prelucid dreams you have. The more prelucid dreams, the more chances to have a LD soon.

Good luck! :smile:

Who knows? Not me yet. I’d be extremely skeptical about anything paranormal like this, but there were a few credible accounts that I have seen of possible paranormal events in connection with LDing. I believe Jeff once did an experiment, in which he saw images, at a point (measured with an EEG machine) in which his visual cortex is supposed to be offline (I’d LOVE if someone could give me a link to that topic by the way). But don’t worry, noone I know of has EVER come to harm as a direct result of LDing.

As Basilius said: Theorically, anything. Practically, it’s another question cause you have to develop a good dream control.

If you are skilled enough at control.

Now thats a BROAD question. Depending on what technique you use, it can happen instantly, or it can take up to multible hours.

what exactly is a dream sign? i read over and over what it is but i still dont understand.

also, what’s a pre-lucid dream?

A Dreamsign, or DS, is something that you train yourself via habit, to react to with an RC. People usually pick something that comes up often in thier NDs, and are also reasonably common (not too much) in their daily lives.

I use it to mean a dream where you are one step away from lucidity (eg, you know you can use your dreampowers, or influence the way things go, but don’t make the connection that it is a dream).

Not sure if that is the correct meaning of it or not though :wink:

[Edit: enabled BBCode]

Or you just dreaming about LD and can’t go lucid.