Great, friend thinks I'm crazy now...

I don’t know… I’m in 7th too and my pals think I’m getting caught up in something that I shouldn’t be messing with… I hope one day one of them will get one , though it’s unlikely, and then they would understand…

My outlook on it all in the long run, however, is that they can continue to have normal dreams and nightmares if they want to. I will enjoy myself with LDs, it’s their problem they won’t listen. If they understand it after experiancing it then that’s great, until then they can have normal dreams for the rest of their lives and it’s them who will get the short end of the stick.

First time poster BTW

Everyone I’ve told about LDing say it’s probably the coolest thing they’ve ever heard of in their life. I think you friend is just a moron.

Wow, harsh.
Maybe he is thinking that what you are describing is something paranormal instead of the normal dream process. If you feel that you need to enlighten him on the LD process, you should carefully explain that it is just dreaming and that nothing paranormal is going on.

My mother doesn’t understand LDing at all. She thinks that I will go crazy with all the RCs. She doesn’t say much, but she always says that everything is just because I’ve been reading too much on the net. :razz:
She thinks that it’s very easy to now what is real and what’s not, but then I ask her why she doesn’t control her dreams if she knows that she is dreaming. She replys that she is always too much “in” the story of the dream to think about it.

Then I start to explain again and she just ignores me. :razz:

My friends though, thinks it’s really cool and one of my friends is a natural. She often knows she dreams, but before I started to talk about lucid dreaming with her, she rarely tried to control her dreams.

He considers LD’s “stupid” :happy: yes, sounds like he is a moron. i am seriously sick of being a teenager and getting no respect for anything i do.

he doesen’t give any reasons at all, he just considers them lame.

No friend of me thinks, I’m crazy because I do LD, and I told a lot of friends. Some just aren’t interested and think, it’s a waste of time. Others are quite fascinated, even if they don’t want try it themselves.

Once a few friends thought of me of being crazy as I did some reality checks (and because I was drunk I did not “hide” it much)… Then I told them, what this checks are about and they don’t think I’m crazy anymore :wink: Some people do laugh about this at me, but in a friendly way. “Hey, that’s strange, isn’t it time for an Reality Check? HAHAHAHA!” :happy:

One of my classmen is deathly afraid of LDing and feels she will become possessed/die/etc if she does so. (She has good dream recall for someone not interested in dreaming and tries to suppress it.) :sad:

EDIT: Please note she has a set of personal beliefs against it.

@ omega3: You should calm your classmate and introduce her more to LD-s and what they can do for her, and that they are just like normal dreams, only you are aware that you are dreaming.

I think that people aren’t interested in LDs for lots of reasons. My brother thinks I am a bit crazy because of my lucid dreaming but I can understand why he thinks that. He is an outdoor hands on sort of person. He isn’t interested in what goes on inside his head.

My youngest sister also thinks it’s weird but she is a lot like me I think she doesn’t like it because she doesn’t want to be seen doing something that is weird.

My mum doesn’t think it is weird and had an LD after I told her about it, but it doesn’t interest her either, she is a little like my brother in that way.

So I think you should find out why you friend (or anyone else) thinks lucid dreaming is crazy or not interesting. If they have a good reason don’t worry about it.

Actually, Inch, there are no reason to deny LD-s whatsoever (in my opinion anyway).

Why would most people deny LD-s? I mean, LD-s are so useful and fun. :meh:

I’ve really not had a problem with telling my friends about it. One of them even said "And…? What’s your point? I can do that at least once a week :notify: )

…My mom thinks that it’s just some kind of daydreams…
…My sister thinks it’s cool, but she doesn’t seem to care about it…
…My friends just listen to what I have to say, even though they think it’s weird :tongue:

Most people don’t find me crazy, just “somewhat strange”. If LDing is being crazy, then millions of people all around the world’s about to crack, every minute now!! :eek:

She resists listening at dreams; she feels it’s unnatural to associate with them in any way. The fact that you’re aware that your dreaming makes her assume that something is horrifically wrong and feels it’s immoral and creepy do anything in them. I’ve thrown out all types of psych. and other logic arguments on her I gave up. (Since Oct. at least, I did manage to reduce her fear of dreams by a significant amount) She also got into a very ugly Myspace battle with my friend over dreaming (not LDing). She kind of reminds me of those religious dudes back in the Middle ages. :gni: I can’t help but find it a little amusing when she runs up to me in a panic worried that she had any sort of dream recollection. I suppose you just have to respect others’ opinions/lifestyles/beliefs. :neutral:

I have two friends that both get regular natural LDs.
One has them about once a week, and the other has them like normal peopole have NDs.

@ omega3 and Fiver: Ok, now that’s just weird. :bored:

Well you can’t really force someone with a differant believe about them to like LD’s and if they don’t want to hear it, then they just don’t. Some people just aren’t interested in it and some are. I do find it stupid that he called you crazy and all that junk, but then again it is his opinion and I wouldn’t let it bother you. If I were you, I’d just say nicely, ok and walk away from him, and stop being his friend or just like back off for a few days and hope he forgets what we were talking about. Not everyone thinks the same way. You can explain it’s just dreaming, nothing funny going on and that if he doesn’t want nightmares he can use LD’s to stop it. Anyways, that’s just what I think. Not trying to sound all mean about it or anything. BTW I love LD’s.

My mum absolutely despises anything to do with dreams because, according to her, “Normal people don’t remember, worry, or care about their dreams, and people will think you’re some sort of freak for talking about them.” :sigh:

I tried to convice her by saying, that there are no limits to what you can do, while lucid, and that its amazingly clear and real. Her response, “What more do I possibly want to do. I’ve made it 40 years without dreams and I’m pretty sure I can make it another 40 as well.”
What more could she want to do??!! All she does is sit in front of the teli!!! :grrr:

Your mom look like a stranght person , every same day.

We need Hollywood to step in and bring LDing to the general public in a hit. :gni: I mean make it apparently related to dreaming but not in previews or something…

(Sepultura is an excellent band :cool: )

Yeah, or some celebrity that people go gaga over, to get into Lucid Dreaming. That would realy help.

There’s an art to knowing whom to speak with about what. There are some people with whom I will discuss certain things, and others with whom I talk “straight.” Nobody knows the whole me, and I am happy with things that way.

:devil: