What does being 'in love' feel like?

that is a brilliant post :thumbs: I agree with it

We did a play earlier where the entire begining was narrated by two people describing what it feels like.
I don’t remember them, except the quote that appeared on our shirt, “It’s not always fun to be in love.” and this one, “Crazy: you’re up, you’re down.” The others are like:
Like falling deeper and deeper and not wanting to get out
It was fun.

Asking people to define love is just the same as asking someone the meaning of life (although they can’t say 42 at the expense of a nerdy giggle). Love is strange, because it can be both the extremes - utterly wonderful, and utterly painful. In my experiance, painful, but one should remain optimistic… :sad:

The rush given from love makes me feel like I’m on the top of the world. But the higher you are, the harder you fall.

I tried to disown ‘love’–have no emotion for anyone or anything–but I’m not that kind of person–doesn’t fit me, you know.

I’ll just agree with Domi on this one–‘love’ is complicated… :smile:–in fact, I think I’ll do my own “Magnum Opus” and compose a rap on ‘love’–at some point…:roll:

I have not really ever loved annyone :sad:
So i dont really know wath it feels like but i shure ass hell knows wath not loving anny one feels like.

Me too…:sad:

Watching all those hormone-driven teenagers hug on each other and be all :hugs: “lovey-lovey-kissy-lovey-goo” :hugs: gets kind of annoying after awhile…:roll:

I don’t know, I guess if I find the right person–you know, I might be the same way :tongue:.

To me I’d have to say it’s it’s own feeling but otherwise it feels “warm” and has an amount of (drunken-like) happiness to it.

I’m soooo paranoid when it comes to the dating scene. I can’t seem to trust anybody… I dunno. There are certain ones I’d go with if I knew it wasn’t a joke and they weren’t trying to hurt me… but I’m not sure if they’re interested. =/

Love feels exactly like eating chocolate pudding.

This is why i don’t date girls, and eat chocolate pudding instead.

Because chocolate pudding is always there.
And if its not there, it’s accessible 24 hours from any store.
And pudding is a good listener, and never laughs at what you say.
Pudding never critisizes your thoughts or hopes or dreams.
Pudding also supplies you with various supplements.
Pudding isn’t worried about its appearance, because it knows you will love it anyways.
Pudding doesn’t act insanely and is always and always be, your faithful pudding.
Pudding doesn’t wake you up at 3am because ‘it needs to talk’. It waits until the appropriate time (dessert) to calmly express its feelings, in form of taste.
Pudding ALSO doesnt get jealous if you have other brands of pudding, because it realises that ANY pudding is a GOOD pudding. In fact, it encourages sampling of the many varieties that it’s species has to offer, as it is solely interested in your wellbeing.
Pudding doesn’t cost much.
Pudding is solid, faithful, and will stay by your side for life.
Pudding is HONEST, RELIABLE, CARES LESS ABOUT WHAT OTHERS SAY.
PUDDING GREETS YOU EVERY DAY WITHOUT FAIL AND ALWAYS PUTS YOU IN A CHEERY MOOD.

OH GOD I AM SO ALONE

I posted here not long ago saying that i didnt know wath being in love feel like. Well now i do…

I really think i have fallen in love this time. I fel so utterly confused. I really 100% dont know how she feels for me. Its so hard to tell… And i dont know if i think falling in love is a good thing or a bad thing.

So this is how love feels to me. Really confusing.

While I have my own theory on love–which you may be able to figure out if you read my postings in the “First Kiss”-thread–I still found this an interesting READ

Doesn’t matter how old you are…I know im 15…everyone says you can’t be ‘in love’ at 15 but it’s posible…It’s hard for me though cause i know i can’t have him…I know he can’t be mine…But i know it’s love…It’s been there for a long time…it’s hard to get over…dont know if i can but ( for your question)…I don’t really wanna fall in love again…It scares me :sad:

/me hugs Sarah :hugs:

I feel in love as 15 too , and couldnt get her :confused:

LD4all helped me a lot

I am 16 now , its not the age that matters , I got over it
:hugs:

I agree with that idea, because even if somebody has a slight crush, it is still love to some extent.

Meh…yeah, maybe–but there’s a noticeable distinction between “true love” and a “slight crush”…

Didn’t anyone find n00dle’s comparison of girls to pudding utterly hilarious? I thought it was just classic. But also very sad. You’ll find someone one day, n00dle. Just keep up the wit and you’ll have 'em lining up at your door. :wink:

I said to some extent!
That doesn’t mean its the same thing!
/me hits Huey over the head with a mandolin

I don’t think to any extent. It’s related, but totally different.

I don’t think I’ve ever truely been in love. Just little flings :sad:
BTW I glanced through an article in a medical journal the other day and according to recent studys the chemicals that cause long-term relationships and the ones that cause love @ first sight are quite different. So a word to the wise, according to science, falling love at first sight does not mean that 364 days later you will still find them appealing/attractive. It could just be a confusing cocktail of brain chemicals just “tricking” you into feeling like you’re in love. (or something along those lines)…interesting read.

I was in love once, and it is a totally different ballgame. I still sort of am, but it’s a quiet, sedate love that will never be answered again.