A non-lucid dream about lucid dreaming.

I got interested in LD about a year ago, did reality checks and managed to get lucid in a week, which was great, I could make things appear and similar stuff. One night I was trying too hard, I think, I got a bit scared, it was somewhere on a line between sleep and awakening, and my body started to shake a little, strange waves going through it all.

Later I didn’t have time and almost forgot about LD at all, then I remembered it again recently, but couldn’t get lucid. I think that’s because I have a lot of work and feel exhausted most of the time, I find it incredibly hard to remember to do reality checks too.

Anyway, last night I had a dream and in part of it I was in some kind of center related to dreams. I came there to help myself sleep better, but when I looked through the list of services, I noticed they help you get lucid and I got interested, but didn’t have any time. Later I woke up feeling really stupid - I had a non-lucid dream where I talked about lucid dreaming and STILL didn’t understand I was dreaming. Does it mean I’m hopeless at this?

No, NOT at all :tongue:
This is very common, I’ve heard many stories about things like that, did some stupid things myself. I was a teacher once, i looked at my students poems, one of them was about Lucid Dreaming, the verse went like this:

I am aware that I’m dreaming, I must remember to check the reality

The explanation is: We’re stupid in our dreams, we don’t have much logic, you know! Skilled LDreamers can maybe get it, but even they experience things like that once in a while. Don’t worry, there’s a lot of us :smile:

We all just laugh off that now, but if you dream about it, then you’re on a good way, if you’re dedicated enough, you’ll get many LDs in a short time :wink:

[url]What huge dreamsign have you missed lately?]

Go there. Even the best of us are stupid in NDs. Take a look :tongue: .

no matter (dreaming?) how many autosuggestions dreaming? you do, dreaming?, you’re still attached to this dreaming? reality so you’re likely to favour that dreaming? reality over the dreaming? dreaming reality. that’s why dreaming? we notice when we are dreaming? dreaming rather than when we are dreaming? awake.
so dreaming?, don’t worry about dreaming? it.
:razz:

Don’t worry if you miss the clues sometimes, it happens :smile:

I still have dreams from time to time where DCs will blatently point it out. Everything from “This is a Dream” t-shirts, pointing out to me that a certain building has moved by several feet and mentioning it would be a good indicator of a dream, and outright arguing with me when I say I’m not dreaming.

We’re all a bit thick from time to time :smile:

Hi glasslikeglitter! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

It’s doesn’t mean you’re hopeless at LD’ing. On the opposite, those special dreams about LD’ing (or about dreams, or writing your DJ, or doing LD stuff, etc.) are called prelucid dreams and they mean you’re on the verge of having a LD! :happy:

Keep up practising and good luck! :smile:

That sucks.

That doesnt suck I think its funny , I will laugh at me after if was happening.