Plants

cool! Thanks Siiw. I will try to soak the seeds overnight. I think I did do that last time, but I can’t remember now. :uh:

But I planted them indoors first, and then I was going to transfer them outside, when it got warm enough. Maybe they didn’t get enough sunlight?

Usually my sweet peas flower in the middle of summer…like july/august. And they continue to flower pretty late too, last year they lasted until late october!

If it is warm, like it is inside, and the plants doesn’t get enough light (that is quite common inside too!), they will be long, thin and weak. It can help to move them out slowly, for example let them be outside in the day and inside in the night for a few days before you transfer them :cool:

Aaaaaaaaack. Yesterday it was storming really hard outside. My aloes were laying out on the patio table and where soaked. ><; It was a completely surprising shower that came down without any warning. My parents could have brought them in… but nope. :sad:

Most of the afternoon yesterday I spent transplanting my aloes to pots of dirt instead of mud.

THIS is how badly they got rained on. :razz: Sorry for chopping off my left thumb, but you’d be able to see my face if I hadn’t. :wink:

Some people can see the whole pic if I’m feeling generous. ^^

Well, at least you can keep your plants outside this time of year…right now there’s about 3 feet of snow on the ground where I am, my plants wouldn’t last long in that! :tongue:

Anywhoo, I just went to the grocery store where they have an isle with little house plants for sale, so I bought an Ivy plant, and one of their ‘spring garden’ plants (I think it’s a crocus but I’m not sure).

Nice to see so many people who love plants too :smile:

As far as indoor plants I have Lucky Bamboo, a succulent cactus that I don’t know exactly what kind it is, a fern, and peppermints.

Also have some hibiscus (love those flowers!) and morning glories.

Used to have some Sugarsnap pea plants, but the local wildlife decided to chew them down (yet not eat the plants).

Go buy some Mimosa Pudica seeds.

https://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/carr/images/mim_pud_1930.jpg

Utterly beautiful in flower, and the leaves, if you touch them, curl up in under a second. Scary, but ultra cool. Make sure you get your cats to play with it.

Wow, ever cool!! :cool_laugh:

Can it be grown indoors, and does it like a tropical or a temperate environment?
I’d sure like to grow one :yes:

PS - I turned you picture into a link, hope you don’t mind :wink:

I am thinking of getting some plants. Are there any plants that can live in a house without sunlight?

If you have no sunlight, you could get a grow-lamp and shine it on your plants :smile:

Most plants survive fine with just standard illuminated room and maybe some daylight from the windows.

Bump :content:

I got a hold of some type of citrus plant from my grandmother. I’m not sure what type of citrus plant though, perhaps it’s an orange or a grapefruit. I won’t know until it grows up and starts to fruit.
I just thought I’d let y’all know :smile:

Sounds exciting! Most citrus plants like sun and a warm spot in the summer, and a lower temperature in winter, maybe around 10’c! We used to have a large orange tree, but we never got it to flower and set fruit. If it is indoors, you should pollinate flowers by hand if you want fruits :cool:

There’s another orange tree up at the College I got ot, so if this plant which I have turns out to be an orange tree, I may try to pollinate it with the tree at the college…I’ll have to learn how to do that first though.

I just slaughtered one of my plants when I was trying to catch flies with a vacuum cleaner. :cry:

Sorry to hear that. Which plant was it?

It was a salvia plant. I had 4 of those, two healthy, growing ones and two that were dry and dying. The one I killed was the biggest one. It got totally shredded.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … harlie.jpg
^ This is Charlie. :grin:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … Lilies.png
^ Luisa. :tongue:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … _Moleh.jpg
^ Moleh! Many plants = Monopoly = Mo + ol = Mole + eh = The cooler sounding name, Moleh. :cool:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … nt_Tom.jpg
^ Tom. :smile:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … nt_Bob.jpg
^ BOB!!! :hyper:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … rancis.jpg
^ Francis! :cool_laugh: hugs Francis

I love the Venus Fly trap :happy:
I used to have one as well, though it was much smaller, and it didn’t live long.

I don’t know what the proper name is but a few years ago I grew a sensitive plant, if you touch any of the leaves then it curls up. Lots of fun.

I like planting things that you can eat afterwards, like potatoes. We’ve got some nice fruit trees in the garden, made some lovely pear wine :smile:

All the cacti, yukka and other natural plants in my backyard are blooming this time of year. Not that I take care of them myself, though… I’m more of a fish guy.