EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 126
Lucid Rhymes

What huge dreamsign have you missed lately?

Author  Message 
Quimbisero
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 02 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I have a lot of near misses, still. Recently I had a dream in which I checked the clock. A few minutes later, I checked it again and then again. I noticed that the time was not behaving normally, a sure sign of dreaming. I started talking with a stranger who was standing in my bedroom (another really obvious sign) and he said, "You know, this could be a dream." I spent a couple of minutes disagreeing with him, until I woke up.

Other times, you just realize it is a dream.

Eoghan

Huey
Chocolate Face
cookie lover
LD count: More than you

PostPosted: Thu 02 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I miss a lot of obvious dream-signs--I don't realize it until I wake up and I can't help but laugh at myself. lach1

It's usually the transitions that get me. Like, just recently, I was in this mansion/condo place and walking down the hall from my bedroom and then I was in a daycare hallway. Then I go through a door and I'm back in my room... unsure

Or just this morning, I dreamt a Domi Li and me were going through this cemetary and we came to this creepy Amityville-style house and from first glance there was an open side-yard and small front porch. The porch got bigger when we went up to it--oh, we had to climb an iron-wraught fence that just appeared--and when we tried to escape from some Sirius Black-type guy with these vicious dogs all of a sudden a fence was blocking the side-yard! I was like, WTF!? I need to get out of here!

Meh, maybe not too obvious--but, these are just the recent ones...

asclepius
Awakening
Dream Deity
LD count: 263

helicopter
PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I am with a friend in a helicopter and he is piloting.
I've never been in a helicopter and my friend is no pilot. eh

We are getting low on fuel, so my friend flies us down to a gas station.

The attendant comes out and fills up the helicopter. He tells us it costs $449! help!

No LD, but I got my first helicopter ride smile

Current LD goal(s): ability to WILD
Quimbisero
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Re: helicopter

Asclepius wrote:
I am with a friend in a helicopter and he is piloting.
I've never been in a helicopter and my friend is no pilot. eh

We are getting low on fuel, so my friend flies us down to a gas station.

The attendant comes out and fills up the helicopter. He tells us it costs $449! help!

No LD, but I got my first helicopter ride smile

But the obvious clue was that you got away only paying $449. It takes that much anymore to fill a Jeep Cherokee! wink

SuibaRher
Klarträumer
Lucid Initiate

I stepped out of the flat to the stairs. It was pretty dark, so I wanted to switchr the light on. At the place, where the lightswitch normally is, there were two lightswitches: The "normal" one and the second "modern one", which had a blue LED-light on it, so you can find the switch easily in the dark.
I tried both of them, but they both did not work, it remained dark. I thought something like "Oh no, they already disabled the old lightswitch, although the new one still does not work."

I think I also thought something like "such stupid things should happen only in dreams, not in reality."

Erhu' Xerse
Your Butter
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

I was running from a horde of zombies and just rounding a corner when my view moved in a place just above where I was. I even saw my self still running and the I notice these two guys arguing about whether I should be lucid... I missed that dream sign!!!!! eek2 overspannen cry grrr eh

StEvE21
Dream Deity
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 05 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Right now, it seems that my friends and my school (most of the time in the caf.) are a part of more than half the dreams I have. Maybe soon I will become lucid.

Huey
Chocolate Face
cookie lover

Aw, just this morning--these Russian or German military guys were seizing my house--I think grenades were used, too--of course, this was completely normal to me rolleyes.

I guess I'll have to try again tonight...

HabaneroS
Somniologist
Somniologist

Last night I dreamt that I was taking one of my middle school classes, but with one of my high school teachers. The class was also being held outside, with desks and everything. wink

Current LD goal(s): Finding a reliable flying method.
Huey
Chocolate Face
cookie lover

PostPosted: Tue 07 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Sherman and Mr. Peebody! :D They came to me in my dream and I was drawn like them, but I was like, "Eh, this seems normal..." How could I have missed it?! hand voor hoofd

Aikho
The Forum Bear
Dream Deity
LD count: <15

i have had a lot of dreams about Lanaina and being a bear, none of them turned into LD's as far as i remember =/

n00dle

Missed a dreamsign last night, was rummaging through a person's drawer really quickly to find something, and thought it might be hidden in a book. Found a book on the desk titled "The sequel to this dream". Opened it frantically searching for whatever i was looking for, didnt find it.

This is *twice* now that i've missed dreamsigns that specifically referred to dream continuation, rather than awareness of that dream.

I'm sorta expecting my dreams to end now with a big sign saying "TO BE CONTINUED..."

anyone else had successive dreamsigns such as this?

Cairn
Resident Lunatic
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 10 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Biggest dreamsign I ever missed, when this really good looking girl in my class asked me out, DUH like that's ever going to happen in reality.

Still at a time like that I'm hardly focusing on whether or not I'm dreaming tounge1

Sepultura123
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Its funny how the mind trick you at time. ^^

Huey
Chocolate Face
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sat 11 Feb, 2006  Reply with quote

Phil Lamar was buttering a monkey named Stanley and wanted me to "pass the tacos." I passed him a pancake and he put it on like a hat, said "thanks," and we both started singing that theme to "Three's Company"--the monkey, too...eek2

It was short, but how could I have missed it...? uhh

print