By the waters of the river styx....

Yes this is another one of those contract threads, but this one is different. The greeks believed that when the waters of the river styx were invoked in an oath that oath could not be broken, even by a god. This attempts to draw on the powers of the oath to cause a lucid dream.

By the waters of the river styx I swear that I will have a lucid dream this night.

There now I win either way, either I have an LD, or I prove I’m more powerful than a god :tongue:

I can’t decide if you’re being serious or if this is spam and should be locked.

This has worked before, the previous contract topic gave me a LD. If it works, i’ll move it to shortcuts :tongue:

This could even work better if moved in the Shortcuts. :wink: I’ll move it. By the way, don’t forget the Lucid Wishing well. It works too. :content:

Correct me if I wrong please because my memory of mythology has for the most part left me but, isn’t the river Styx located in the under world? So if you use it in a modern context wouldn’t you be asking for help from a source that resides in hell :confused:

Personally, I’m sticking to the wishing well. Seems safer to me :wink:

And I thought Styx was an old band :confused: …j/k!

Isn’t this just another form of MILD? Or you could call it a GILD (god invoked lucid dream). :wink:

And since when do MILDs count as a shortcut? :tongue:

ive often wondered about this.
you should be able ti break the oath because its free will
…but what will happen if you do?

Hell, as you conceive it is a modern idea. The ancient Greeks did not have the same conception. Hades was the world of the dead, not of damned souls. Damned souls is strictly a Christian concept.

Well, I tried it out two nights in a row and they didn’t work for me, but I might as well try it one more time and put it in writing.
[b] By the waters of the river Styx :read: I will have a lucid dream tonight! [/b]:dark:

Where are the other contract threads?

I must try this, when I was little, I and my friend, decided too believe in the Greek gods :grin: so I hope this works now.
So let’s try it;

[color=blue]By the waters of the river Styx, I will have a long vivid LD tonight that I will remember.[/color]

Let’s hope I’m not more powerful than a god :razz:

Well, that’s what I call autosuggestion! ^^

You are both wrong.Greek mythology had a place for the “damned” souls,or at least for the people that insulted gods somehow.It was called Tartarus and the opposite of this one was called Elysian Fields.Hades was just the place that all the dead went by the time they died,and then it was decided where they were supposed to go.Enough of the greek mythology :razz:
I think it needs strong will so that you would believe that you are going to be in a lucid dream.I don’t have that much will but then what do i have to lose…

[b][u][size=150]I give an oath to you,I shall dream tonight ,I will control that dream and i will remember it[/size]]

Ok if this works it means i have much more will than i believe :razz: :cool:

Good to see you have faith, Dawn’sDeath, but faith is dust without practice.

I suggest WBTB.

I guess you were wrong.I don’t have neither faith nor can i use WBTB method.It seems to difficult for me,although some times that i’ve waked by accident in the middle of the night i managed to have LD(i think at least,i don’t write them down :sad: ).Practise i do ,I think… :peek: