Plants

Nice to see so many people who love plants too :smile:

As far as indoor plants I have Lucky Bamboo, a succulent cactus that I don’t know exactly what kind it is, a fern, and peppermints.

Also have some hibiscus (love those flowers!) and morning glories.

Used to have some Sugarsnap pea plants, but the local wildlife decided to chew them down (yet not eat the plants).

Go buy some Mimosa Pudica seeds.

https://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/carr/images/mim_pud_1930.jpg

Utterly beautiful in flower, and the leaves, if you touch them, curl up in under a second. Scary, but ultra cool. Make sure you get your cats to play with it.

Wow, ever cool!! :cool_laugh:

Can it be grown indoors, and does it like a tropical or a temperate environment?
I’d sure like to grow one :yes:

PS - I turned you picture into a link, hope you don’t mind :wink:

I am thinking of getting some plants. Are there any plants that can live in a house without sunlight?

If you have no sunlight, you could get a grow-lamp and shine it on your plants :smile:

Most plants survive fine with just standard illuminated room and maybe some daylight from the windows.

Bump :content:

I got a hold of some type of citrus plant from my grandmother. I’m not sure what type of citrus plant though, perhaps it’s an orange or a grapefruit. I won’t know until it grows up and starts to fruit.
I just thought I’d let y’all know :smile:

Sounds exciting! Most citrus plants like sun and a warm spot in the summer, and a lower temperature in winter, maybe around 10’c! We used to have a large orange tree, but we never got it to flower and set fruit. If it is indoors, you should pollinate flowers by hand if you want fruits :cool:

There’s another orange tree up at the College I got ot, so if this plant which I have turns out to be an orange tree, I may try to pollinate it with the tree at the college…I’ll have to learn how to do that first though.

I just slaughtered one of my plants when I was trying to catch flies with a vacuum cleaner. :cry:

Sorry to hear that. Which plant was it?

It was a salvia plant. I had 4 of those, two healthy, growing ones and two that were dry and dying. The one I killed was the biggest one. It got totally shredded.

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … harlie.jpg
^ This is Charlie. :grin:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … Lilies.png
^ Luisa. :tongue:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … _Moleh.jpg
^ Moleh! Many plants = Monopoly = Mo + ol = Mole + eh = The cooler sounding name, Moleh. :cool:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … nt_Tom.jpg
^ Tom. :smile:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … nt_Bob.jpg
^ BOB!!! :hyper:

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/ … rancis.jpg
^ Francis! :cool_laugh: hugs Francis

I love the Venus Fly trap :happy:
I used to have one as well, though it was much smaller, and it didn’t live long.

I don’t know what the proper name is but a few years ago I grew a sensitive plant, if you touch any of the leaves then it curls up. Lots of fun.

I like planting things that you can eat afterwards, like potatoes. We’ve got some nice fruit trees in the garden, made some lovely pear wine :smile:

All the cacti, yukka and other natural plants in my backyard are blooming this time of year. Not that I take care of them myself, though… I’m more of a fish guy.

Linko -

I keep tropical fish myself. What sort of fish do you like?

Dreamer -

That sounds like an interesting plant that you had. I think I’ve heard of a plant like that before, but I can’t recall what it looked like or what it was called.

[color=indigo]Well, I really just keep one freshwater tank. I’ve got a Blue Gourami named Zora, a dinosaur named Unagi, and two nameless Needlenose Gars. My older brother’s a real enthusiast, though, he’s a manager at PetSmart and has a bunch of fish I couldn’t even name… If I’m even a single day late cleaning my own tank and he happens to come over, he’ll be on my case about it.[/color]

The sensitive plant is called Mimosa :cool:

Same, got a cactus in my house…