Learning to fly

Yes, a lot of LD’ers couldn’t fly when they first tried and they learnt to do it.

It definitely comes with practice. The hardest thing is to build up the confidence that if you jump off that building, you are gonna fly and not free fall. I too, had problems in the beginning with flying, but now fly with no problems, and in fact do it in 95% of my LDs to some extent or another.

dont actually try to fly just know you can fly so do it you shouldnt have to think about it

I’ve never actually flown yet, I’ve actually never even really tried. I’ve thought of it, though. The main problem I’ve had is getting out of whatever building I’m in. I usually try to go through a window or the roof or something, but that never works. I guess I should try something else.

I’ve jumped really far in several LDs, as the jumping ability just seems to be something that comes naturally to me in dreams. I’ve also hovered a little, once. When I came down I asked a DC if she could teach me to fly, but she said no and I woke up.

Don’t some of you have problems in gaining altitude? It’s my main problem while flying and it seems that most of the time I can’t go higher than a certain limit. :tryfly:

Flying in my dreams is a very common thing- I use that particular ability to escape from someone in my nightmares. I’ve never tried flying in LD though, just ND. I usually just flap my hands until I’m about 3-4 feet off the ground. I don’t believe that I’ve got much higher than this. Maybe one or two times, no more.
Oh yeah! I’ve used birds and mythical creatures to fly higher. Seems to be more effective. :grin:

My problem is that i can only fly very close to the ground or high above the clouds. :eek:
Anyone else having the same problem as me?

I think I’m going to try to fly even higher next time I have a LD. I’m going to take a space trip, maybe I’ll try visiting the moon or why not the sun? :happy:

I have flown two different ways. The easiest is when i have a lucid dream i say, “If this is a dream then let me fly”(This also works for anything else i have tried, just subsitute fly with what you want). The other is when i became lucid for a few seconds, and what i think is my spirit guide, told me to fly, and with out even thinking about it i flew and pretty high to. But the antagonist in my dream pulled me down and i forgot it was a dream.

Same problem here. :wink: Most of the time, my max altitude is about 30 feet high. But I teleported once above clouds and could fly high above. :content:

My easiest flying part in a dream was a few days ago when I turned into Dark from D.N.Angel and had him fly me around. Since it was him flying and not me (sharing a body, just like in the D.N.Angel anime and manga) it was really easy, but since it was from a third-person view, it wasn’t quite as fun. And Dark didn’t fly very far; he was doing it just to humor me because I wouldn’t stop bugging him :happy:
And I forgot to mention he uses really big black wings, for those of you who don’t know.

So I guess for those of you having trouble flying, I suppose transforming into someone and letting them take over your body might work :razz:

I have alway been able to fly for some reason .

I just make a jump (preferable from a space with some hight) and … fly.

I have two idead, both not tested (by me).

1. Try asking a DC to use his/her powers to lift you, then feel their power pushing you up by the chest, inside you.

2. Try jumping and tell yourself you won’t fall, you’ll just keep going up…

That’s because you are, in fact, Petter Pan :yes:

I have never had one problem with flying. Even when I am in a building. I roll back my head and look toward the ceiing, then I feel the force of two magnets of the same pole pushing me up into the air. (If I’m inside, I just go through the roof with no trouble at all.)

If I’m outside, I leap into the air and zoom around.

Once, I did use magnets during my flight! It was quite fun, while I was in the air I could use my mind to make magnets appear behind me, I could make both of the north or south poles get near each other and when they got close, I would feel a strong explosion like energy shoot me foward. :razz:

By the way, if you need any help, you could PM me with a question. :wink:

Try to conjure up a flight school. :cool:

I prefered to merge your thread with this one in the hope you’ll find here many tips about enhancing your flight abilities! :slight_smile:

Okay, when i do manage to lucid dream, my favorite thing to do is “fly”. Well my problem is, when i tell myself to fly, i dont really fly, I just start floating upwards. and soon the feeling becomes uncomfortable and i have to stop, causing myself to go through the even more uncomfortable fall to the ground (which i think its odd that i never wake up from)

But, I was wondering if anyone had any tips as to how to actually fly rather than float aimlessly up into the sky.

:content: Hiya! Welcome to LD4all! You might want to try looking through my topic that gives instructions on how to improve dream control (including flying) in your LD’s. https://community.ld4all.com/t/dream-control-excercises/17065

ok so you dont like flying and you dont like falling… well i have something that is going to make you go crazy but i would bet anything it would make you fly :wink:

Go to a high building. and jump off it. make sure your in a lucid dream i really am not telling you to kill your self here.

when you are falling and hating it flap your arms or “pull up” pretend you are on a hang glider :wink: well if that doesnt work at least you would have an intersting experience when you hit the ground… if you hit the ground before you woke up

try and remember that the feelings are all in your head, ask your self not to feel that way. btw what isuncomfortable about flying is it the fear of falling?

you can also summon up things, magic carpet. jetpack. magic shirt that when ever you wear it you will fly.

try and jump in leaps and bounds, if you cant fly try jump everywhere and sooner or later you will fly.

but most importantly rememebr to fail. Hell try and fly crash and burn wake up laugh and try it again, you cant actually hurt your self by doing this so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain

Hi AlmightyRamtha! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I merge your thread in this one. I hope you’ll find here many useful tips! :smile:

I think the main technique is imagining in your LD’s that you have a way of propelling yourself, like a rocket backpack or something like that. A friend of mine used to stretched out his arms and just look at his hands while flying, so that he could reach supersonic speeds. :smile:

Flying is the first thing I always do when I become lucid. In my next LD, I want it to be night and I wanna jump off a skyscraper but I’ll first make it REALLY realistic so I could feel the rush of the wind and the cold night air and the right when I’m about to hit the ground… I take off!

Well, that’s the plan. I may fail. lol

Using a jetpack seems to work for me if I have trouble getting off of the ground.

If you ever get good at flying, try having dragon wings for arms. Feeling the wind inflate underneath my wings and carry me was lovely… :slight_smile: