The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part III

oh it definately wasn’t high leveled, i guess im just skeptical because i’ve only being trying to LD for around a month, and it feels too soon almost for an LD, i can almost remember a dream a night, but if i tried for a week straight i probably couldn’t so i don’t know, it just feels like its too soon to be real:P

I just had my first lucid experience last night! I was dreaming about the superbowl (lol) and I had a dream that everyone already knew who won because the game had already been played. Then I realized that they always show the game live on t.v. and I thought to myself. “wait a minute… I must be dreaming because they show the game live on t.v…” that’s when I woke up. But I was lucid!!! be it only for a second, this is the first step! yay! I wasn’t really even trying, I just started to get interested in doing this like a week ago and I didn’t have the intention of trying it yet.

but yea… before i get too excited, that was a low level LD right? lol

Congrats on your first LD, soccersloy! :clap:
It quite impossible to say what lucidity level your LD was of. In such short dreams, we have absolutely no clue. :sad:

This was a low level lucidity dream. You didnt fully do a real lucid dream because you didnt stop thinking about lucid dream and it bringed to awake you. And surely shutting your eye too. If your shut your eyes , you awake or you are in an AP vibration state , mind awake/body asleep.

Well, I finally got over my supposed fear of SP/old hag (by leaving a light on), and decided to try WILDing. I usually enter the hynogogic state pretty fast every night, so I decided I would try WILD first. It was in the afternoon, and the house was pretty quiet, but there were little noises every now and then. I lay down, and relaxed and went into some brief HI. This is where I started counting, and after a while, I started to feel vibrations, and some occasional HI noises (a pager like thing buzzing). About five minutes later, I went into a sort of deeper state where I saw a flat banding pattern. I saw some kids I know, and they were moving rocks around on the banding. (weird I know :razz:) Then I tried to look at my hands, but they wouldn’t appear. I didn’t do any RC’s because I already knew that I was dreaming, and I was actually concious through the whole thing. Then I decided to try to excersise some control. I envisioned spinning around, at the same time as I envisioned a girl. She appeared , and I willed her to take off her pants. :razz: She did, but then I started to lose lucidity. I tried to look at my hands, but I couldn’t, this was when I “exited”. I say that because I was never asleep–I was concious the whole time, and I could hear outside sounds. Then I did an RC, and realized I was really awake. I could only see in grayscale, and it was kinda fuzzy. I did have some control though, so I dunno. I’m just glad that I had something this cool on my first LD try! :content:
I think that it was a semi-ld, but I dunno, it coulda been HI the entire time. :confused:hrug: I also seemed to have access to my concious memory…

Don’t fear SP they are so fun.

I fear more FA than SP.

Makes sense, but I am incredibly afraid of that sort of thing. (SP) Maybe that will change over time. (I hope! :smile:) I guess an FA would be damn scary too, espcecially if you FA’ed out of a nightmare, and then were back in it…

Any thoughts on my semi-LD (I hope!)

Because you can do a FA nightmare and I think if I was doing one sometime I would have the fear of my life .

Ya, I suppose that that would suck pretty horribly. :eek:

Hi digital_me!

Congrats on your good results! :clap: It seems to me too that it was, as you said, a “semi-LD”, that is something between LD’ing and clear imagination or vizualization. If I remember well, some people noticed such semi-LD’s before (perhaps JaRoD and Siiw).

I hope you’ll have a full WILD soon! :smile:

Me too! I’m going to try again today, since I haven’t had any time over the past couple days. I also need to work on my dream-recall, because I think that I might have had LD’s the last two nights, but I can’t remember. :cry: I know this, because I have awoken suddenly at around 11:30 the past couple nights after going to bed around 11. I went through some HI before I fell asleep, so I think that I may have had some sort of WILD/MILD experience, but I dunno. :shrug: I also like the idea of LDing during the day at will, rather than at night, when I just want to sleep.

I had several semi-LD after having a LD too.

I think I had an LD this morning. I had just woken up, then I thought I’d try and LD. I just closed my eyes, and very soon, I saw dark red, then a sound that sounded like blood pounding in my ears, then, I was on a pool table, presumably in an LD. It felt pretty real, I was able to walk around and stuff and saw members of my family. I tried to create dream characters of my own and to change the scenery, but I couldn’t.

As for the place where I was, I didn’t know the place, and I can’t remember much about it, but it was a house, and I have a feeling it was in Spain for some reason…weird.

Was this an LD?

I think so. If you were into the dream and didn’t look at it like it was a movie, it was a LD. Waw! You got a WILD very easily!

reposting this in the proper thread:

I had my first ‘official’ lucid dream in 15 years last week. By ‘official’ I mean I realized that I was dreaming, and then used that to jump & fly higher.

Last night I didn’t officially realize that I was dreaming, but I did think ‘I can control how high I can jump/fly’, and was able to do so. Does that count?

Last night I had a dream where I think I was lucid, I remember looking at the room I was in and everything suddenly seemed like real life and everything, I tried to fly but only floated a few feet above the ground. But I don’t know if I was lucid because I don’t fully know if I knew if I was dreaming or not. I remembered this the most out of my dreams. I think after it I went into a normal dream, but I remember being happy that I’d done a LD, in the ND…I’m not sure, if I was in a LD then it’s my first time but it probably wasn’t a LD.

Merged to the BIG Was it a LD? topic

Ok, Iv been working on having and LD for a little over a month, last night Im pretty sure I had but would like to hear what someone else has to say about it.
My Dream:

I was in my bed in the middle of my street and I guess I had just woken up and I look at my house to see my Aunts car parked in the grass and I asked my self why did she park in the grass, then asked myself how can I see perfect with out my contacts or glasses, then the big question, what the hell was doing in my bed in the middle of the street in front of my neighbors house? So I said “I must dreaming” so I got out of my bed, and I kept saying in my mind “Im dreaming” because the last two times I realized I was dreaming I woke right away and read that if I remind myself “Im dreaming” Ill stay lucuid, so I did. So then I said almost sarcastic “If Im dreaming, then I can do a front flip”, which their is no chance in hell can do actually do one, but I did it perfect! So I turn to me left and see my neighbors house and say “Ok, if Im dreaming, I can jump up on her roof” and I did effortlessly! So Im on her roof and decide to fly, so I jump off and fly and try to do a loop but when I got to the top I started to fall so I just kinda put my feet down and landed softly in my lawn. I was a little confused but said whatever and took off and flew again, I could fly straight and fast very easily but gaining altitude was very hard, I could only get a little above the trees. So then after flying and looking at the sun, because it looked soo cool, I landed on my backyard deck and decided to jump off it, so I ran to the edge and stopped, I was afraid of hitting the ground, so I backed up and tryed it again and again I stopped, I turned around and asked myself “Why am I afraid to jump, this is a dream” and then everything when black, I tryed to do a dreamspin but failed and woke up.

Im like 90% sure I had a lucid dream I just want to see what you all think, either way it was amazing experince. Thanks.

Yep that’s definatly a Lucid dream, way to go. That’s really awesome. :thumbs:

Sweet, thanks a lot! :smile:

no problem :smile: