Swedish Lessons

Ahhaha, this is interesting. Not that’s useful for me, coz I’m fluent in Swedish, but still. grins

Even though most of this topic will be in Swedish, you are still expected to keep the thread on topic and keep to the usual LD4all guidelines (posts have been removed from the topic)

This is a great topic ^^
I can understand it pretty well actually; but making self sentences is a lot harder I think.

Maybe because it looks like german and german looks like Dutch I can understand it a bit :tongue:

Hehe, here comes my poor swedish! :razz:

Hej! :smile:

Jag ar Hradska och jag har varit i Svarige. Jag studera svenska, men jag ar inte bra! Jag gillar klara dromma :smile:
Min van fran Malmo ska visita mig, och vi vill prata bara svenska or tjechiska, och jag tanker att dat ska vara katastrof!
Kramar! :smile:

hehe, did anyone understand that? :razz: (NOTE: dont take that as sample sentenses, cause the grammar is all wrong!!!)

BTW: the difference between en and ett is that en is used for most of the nouns (female and male ones) and ett for only the neutral class. The problem is, you actually have to learn what class each word belongs to(female, male, neutral), cause no rule applies here. Or I think atleast hehe, but i am too lazy to memorize that hehe

Hradska, I’d say you are doing quite well with Swedish :content:

trout = forell
truit = ???

:grin:

foriel?

i’ll translate:
i’m Hradska and i study swedish, and the rest i don’t understand:P

Hi
I am Hradska … I study Swedish, and when I’m in my bed! (;p)I’m going to Lucid Dream :smile:
When my friend (?) visits me we talk swedish or tsjechish. As you can think of it can be a disaster.

How did I do it? :hyper:

That’s not bad I understood what you meant :smile:
But it is not fully correct, it should be like this;

Hej! :smile:

Jag är Hradska och jag har varit i Sverige. Jag studerar svenska, men jag är inte bra! Jag gillar klardrömmar :smile:
Min vän från Malmö ska besöka mig och vi vill bara prata svenska och tjeckiska och jag tror att det kommer bli en katastrof.
Kramar! :smile:

translation:

Hi! :smile:

I am Hradska and I have been in Sweden. I study Swedish, but I’m not good! I likes lucid dreams :smile:
My friend from Malmö is going to visit me and we only wants to talk swedish and czech and I think that it will be a disaster.
Hugs! :smile:

Not bad Sandra :smile:
I’ll try and tranlate all of it: I’m Hradska and I have been to Sweden. I study swedish, but I’m not good! I like lucid dreams :smile: My friend from Malmø is coming to visit, and we are only going to talk swedish or czechish(sp?), and I’m thinking it will be a disaster! Hugs! :smile:

LOOK what I found:
English<->Sweden dectonery :content:
But you still have too lurn gramars.

I think that forill or ferill would sound good.

Tack sa mycket far din Hjalp! :smile:

In sweden there lives about 9 000 000 persons.
The capital of Sweden is Stockholm.
The swedish flag look likes this
Peter Stormare is a Swedish actor.
Cornelis Vreeswijk(He died 1987) is a person from the netherlands who moved to Sweden, and he has made many fun songs in Swedish for example “Brev från kolonien”

Tack så mycket för din Hjälp!
translation: Thanks so much for your Help!
Varsågod.

Varsågod is a swedish word you say when someone says thankyou.

Lanina has already given you some words for relatives but here is some more;
mormor = grandmother (mother’s mother)(lanina said this)
farmor = grandmother (father’s mother) (lanina said it)
morfar = grandfather (mother’s father)
farfar = grandfather (father’s father)
moster = aunt (mother’s sister)
faster = aunt (father’s sister)
morbror = uncle (mother’s brother)
farbror = uncle (father’s brother)
fader, pappa=father, dad
moder, mamma = mother, mum
Syster = sister
bror = Brother
kusin = cousin

Pronouns

1. I = Jag

2. You(one person) = Du

3. He=Han She=Hon It=Den/det

4. We = Vi

5. you(many persons) = Ni

6. They = De

Verbs; in swedish it doesn’t matter who does something for example

I am= Jag är
you are=Du är
He/She/it is= Han/Hon/Den/Det är
We are=Vi är
you are= Ni är
They are= De är

to be = att vara it’s a irregular verb but they present form is “är”

to have = att ha the present form is “har”

Jag är 18 år= I am 18 years

ett år= one year
två år = two years

to write= att skriva, present form “skriver”
to read = att läsa, present form “läser”
to dream= att drömma, present form “drömmer”
to see= att se, present form “ser” for example Jag ser två hundar. = I see two dogs.
to sing= att sjunga

pets=husdjur
cat=katt
dog=hund
fish=fisk
wolf=varg

some more new words;
night = natt
day = dag
song=sång

Now you should be able to write something short about yourself and your family like this

Hej!
Jag heter Magnus.
Jag är 18 år.
Jag har en syster och en bror.
Jag har en katt.

translation
Hi!
My name is Magnus.
I’m 18 years.
I have a sister and a brother.
I have a cat

I don’t have a cat just so you know

that is so handy, in dutch (as in english) you only have ‘grandmother, and grandfather’ and it doesn’t specify if it is the mother of your mother, or the father of your mother etc.

so i keep having to say: my grandma, the mother of my mother, … etc… smart swedish :yes:

Hejsan :smile:
jag kan lite svenska. det aer inte saa svaart :smile:
den haer traaden aer en bra plats att traena svenska.
kanske kan du posta naagra korta barnsagor och deras oeversaettning som laesningmaterial ? kan du ocksaa foereslaa naagra svenska saanger som jag kan ladda ner?
tack :smile:

Hello :smile:
i know a little swedish. it is not so hard :smile:
this thread is a good place to practice swedish.
maybe you can post some short kid-stories and their translation as reading material? can you also suggest some swedish songs that i can download (ladda = load; ner = down) ?

Q: Swedish people is smart :razz:
Dark Sider:Nothing wrong in Dark siders swedish.
He get’s top grades :tongue: , Well that was a good suggestion, I’ll see what I can find for stories.
You can download the swedish national anthem: “Du gamla, du fria”

Alla svenskar som skal besöka Norge, glöm inta att ni aldri måste spörra om en nordmann vill ta en bärs med er… Det ordet betyder nogot helt annat här :razz:

All swedes visiting Norway, don’t forget that you must never ask if a norwegian would like to take a beer with you. That word means something completely different here :razz: (The swedish word for beer means poo in norwegian :eek: )

so you ask to buy them nogot? sounds like naugat:P

But “öl” still means beer, right?
Is it in norweigian or danish that “rolig” (swedish for fun, funny) means calm?

rolig = calm in both danish and norwegian I think